What's new

Andre Drummond

Dr. Jones

In pursuit of #9
Contributor
Looks like he's going to have a 25/20 game today.

Right now with 2:00+ left in the 3rd, he's at 21/17. (Corbin would sit him the rest of teh game)

Would you guys rather have Monroe or Kanter? I think Monroe is not to stay there. He can't guard 4s and doesn't provide enough spacing with Drummond on the court.

Would you guys rather have Monroe or Kanter? I think Monroe is not to stay there. He can't guard 4s and doesn't provide enough spacing with Drummond on the court.

Good question. I don't know.

Drummond ended with 31pts and 19rbs... while going 7/18 from the line. Egad.

Apparently Pistons fans are very down on Monroe. Been doing a bit of reading on their forum as of late (mostly to see how pissed they got after noticing that Burke dropped 20, while KCP has yet to clear 40% from the field)

Apparently Pistons fans are very down on Monroe. Been doing a bit of reading on their forum as of late (mostly to see how pissed they got after noticing that Burke dropped 20, while KCP has yet to clear 40% from the field)

I hated KCP until 20.

Monroe is on my fantasy team and I'm mad at him too.

Can someone give the cliff notes on what's so wrong with Monroe?

He has this one signature move: From the elbow dribbling w/o hesitation to the basket. League caught up to this scheme and last year he played extensive minutes with Villanueva(spacer) and as a Center his more natural position. But last year was also worse compared to his 2nd year.
His shooting mechanics look okay but his success indicates lack of talent/focus. He was 33% from 3to10 feet out last year and 31% from 10 to the 3 point line.
His success at PF depended a lot on executing mid range elbow shooting. He hasn't done this. So no spacing provided and as mentioned before teams got the memo after year 2, where he had a 22 PER, .161 WS/48 campaign. This has dropped since.
I also expected him to expand his game this year and have a breakout year. Hasn't happened so far and I seriously doubt it will in Detroit and maybe overall.

So after taking a look at this 23 year old Georgetown big I have decided I'd rather hope that 21 year old Kanter develops well.

Right now I'd say Monroe is worth $35M/4 when paired with a defensive minded PF, who can play some Center depending on matchup. But my guess is his camp feel seek something more along $55/4.

Good question. I don't know.

Drummond ended with 31pts and 19rbs... while going 7/18 from the line. Egad.

https://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/9827138/the-life-career-detroit-pistons-center-andre-drummond

Here's an awesome article on Drummond from the virtuosic Jonathan Abrams. Easily my current favourite sports-writer. Every single one of his articles on Grantland are must-reads (particularly the Johnny Flynn, Korleone Young, and Shaun Livingston articles). He isn't a douche on twitter like Zach Lowe, either.