What's new

andre iguodala probably tore harmstring

Iggy+Pop+iggypop.jpg

Last edited:
Tankers fans on RealGM are talking like it'd be a miracle to make the playoffs now. Trying t cook up trades to get Jack back.

He's also pretty much their only other PG, so there's that in case Curry can't go for whatever reason.

I guess we have to see whats the damage and how long he's out- but I think Curry out for same period of time has a bigger effect. They still have Barnes who can step in and up

I guess we have to see whats the damage and how long he's out- but I think Curry out for same period of time has a bigger effect. They still have Barnes who can step in and up

Still, it hurts them if he misses any significant time. They're basically 6 deep and trash behind that. Bogut, Igudola, Lee, and Curry all have significant injury histories. Iggy might be out awhile, Barnes missed some time earlier, Curry has been hurt twice already (ankle & concussion) and it's been Igudola who has basically kept the team rolling while Curry was out. They have no more than a 2 game lead for a playoff spot over Houston, Minnesota, Memphis, Phoenix, New Orleans, Denver and the Lakers.

If they start losing games because of injuries, the healthy guys will have to play more and end up getting worn out (like Portland last year) and possibly struggle with more injuries. It can go south in a hurry.

If they lose Curry it would be bad, bad, bad for them. No matter what the Jazz record ends up being, if the GSW pick is in the top three, DL deserves GM of the year award.

Wow. Anyone know the timeline of a torn hamstring? I know they can linger a long time.

New projection for the draft pick: 14. Just outside the playoffs.

Still, it hurts them if he misses any significant time. They're basically 6 deep and trash behind that. Bogut, Igudola, Lee, and Curry all have significant injury histories. Iggy might be out awhile, Barnes missed some time earlier, Curry has been hurt twice already (ankle & concussion) and it's been Igudola who has basically kept the team rolling while Curry was out. They have no more than a 2 game lead for a playoff spot over Houston, Minnesota, Memphis, Phoenix, New Orleans, Denver and the Lakers.

If they start losing games because of injuries, the healthy guys will have to play more and end up getting worn out (like Portland last year) and possibly struggle with more injuries. It can go south in a hurry.

If they lose Curry it would be bad, bad, bad for them. No matter what the Jazz record ends up being, if the GSW pick is in the top three, DL deserves GM of the year award.

True, Iggy out for extended period of time means more strain on Curry, that could lead to an injury there too....

I just browsed a few articles from this morning and they were acting like there was a chance he could still play in the next game. Of course, no MRI yet, and regardless of what it is......next game seems like a long shot. But don't tell that to JA Adende and friends.

Hate to see guys get injured but I see this as karma for their tanking. I'd be thrilled with a second lottery pick.

"It worries me a little bit," Igoudala said. "We'll take it serious. I'm sure I'll be back really soon. My body has been pretty good to me so far. It'll be sooner than everyone thinks."

But probably not as soon as Saturday night.

"[I'm] not even walking right now," Iguodala said. "We're going to have an MRI in the morning."

Iguodala grabbed his left hamstring as he was running down the court in the late stages of the third quarter. During a stop in play, Iguodala grimaced as he talked to Warriors coach Mark Jackson. Jackson then substituted Kent Bazemore for Iguodala, who limped to the locker room.

"I knew it was something," Iguodala said. "Normally I can just run it off, or it will go away. But once I heard it pop, I knew it was serious.

"I've never been hurt. I've had something that might have kept me out of a game or something really minor. I knew I'd be back in two days. But this one, it worried me."