What's new

Andrea Bargnani

Jeffrey32

Toronto is looking to build around DeRozan and Ed Davis, and the team is possibly looking to trade Bargnani. While his defense and rebounding are questionable, he is 7' and basically a younger, healthier Okur. He averages over 20 points this season and has 3 point range for days. The Jazz should consider him.

Utah gets: Andrea Bargnani

Toronto gets: Mehmet Okur and the lower of Utah's lottery picks

Utah would have one of the best front courts in the league with Jefferson @ PF, Bargnani @ C, and a slimmed down/quicker Millsap or a re-signed Kirilenko @ SF. It is a front line that could average close to 50+ points per game. Jefferson and Andrea could alternate between who plays center on defense. Utah would have to commit to the 4 remaining years of Bargnani's contract, but he gets $2m less than Okur next season, which will help with possible luxury tax concerns.

Toronto gets an additional lottery pick for their rebuilding ways, an adequate center with an expiring contract (that they could trade at deadline), and future cap room.

Andrea Bargnani is garbage. I'd rather have Memo than Andrea, as he at least comes off the books after next season. Why the hell would The Jazz throw in a lottery pick?

Are you a Jazz fan? Just wondering because you seem to have forgotten about favors, and Bargani as stated by GVC is trash.

The last thing this team needs is a front court player who can't rebound. This team is awful on the boards.

They're eventually going to have to find a back court player who can stretch the defense.

You know, like Wes Matthews, Kyle Korver. Guys like that.

Neither Favors nor Jefferson are centers. The Jazz need a true 7-footer so that Jefferson and/or Favors can move to the PF position and not be defended by the opposition's center. Utah has always been undersized at PF. After the arrival of Duncan, even Karl Malone was undersized at 6'9". Boozer was barely 6'8". Millsap is 6'7". Duncan, Nowitzki, Gasol, and Garnett have changed the PF position, by making the PF over 6'11". Utah finally has 2 guys over 6'10" that play PF and instead you want to make them undersized centers and not get with the times. Ridiculous!

Neither Favors nor Jefferson are centers. The Jazz need a true 7-footer so that Jefferson and/or Favors can move to the PF position and not be defended by the opposition's center. Utah has always been undersized at PF. After the arrival of Duncan, even Karl Malone was undersized at 6'9". Boozer was barely 6'8". Millsap is 6'7". Duncan, Nowitzki, Gasol, and Garnett have changed the PF position, by making the PF over 6'11". Utah finally has 2 guys over 6'10" that play PF and instead you want to make them undersized centers and not get with the times. Ridiculous!
Andrea plays about as big as Raja Bell.

And you want to fill that supposed hole with a guy that averages 6 boards a game.

RIDICULOUS!

EDIT:

Whooops. I knew I should have looked up Bargnani's numbers before posting that. He actually averages 5 boards a game in 36 minutes. MY BAD!!!!

Last edited:
And you want to filled that supposed hole with a guy that averages 6 boards a game.

RIDICULOUS!

EDIT:

Whooops. I knew I should have looked up Bargnani's numbers before posting that. He actually averages 5 boards a game in 36 minutes. MY BAD!!!!

Screw this, broh. What's his PER48? That's what I wanna know.

He is certainly not near the top of my wish list, but we could do a lot worse as long as we made other good moves too.

He is certainly not near the top of my wish list, but we could do a lot worse as long as we made other good moves too.
How could the Jazz do worse than trading for an overpaid player at a position (4) where they already have at least 3 better options? Maybe they should go out and get Antawn Jamison as well.

That would be sweet. The Jazz could just start 5 inefficient, lazy, undersized or otherwise deficient 4s:

Andrea
Brand
AlJeff
Sap
Jamison

Pure awesome!

How and why is Favors not a center?