What's new

Andrei Kirilenko, Tim Duncan, and Channing Frye Were in World of Warcraft Gulld Together

LOL ... Duncan named his daughter 'Quill' after Peter Quill in Guardians of the Galaxy.. haha..

Stoked should get a kick out of this, he likes naming his kids after famous TV personalities IIRC.

Channing Frye talked about playing Utah and he saw AK on WOW at 3 am the night before a game.

I'm so torn on this. On one hand I feel like it would be pretty ****ty of me to judge him and say he didn't reach his potential.

Of course he did the best with what he had.

On the other hand, **** that guy for ****ing around on WOW before games. No wonder he flamed out here.

So during his playing days Kirilenko never used his yearly 'free pass' because he was busy playing video games. Or perhaps he used his free pass and then has nothing else to do but play video games.

I'm so torn on this. On one hand I feel like it would be pretty ****ty of me to judge him and say he didn't reach his potential.

Of course he did the best with what he had.

On the other hand, **** that guy for ****ing around on WOW before games. No wonder he flamed out here.

lol, they joked about AK's numbers declining because of it. It sounded like they all played a lot, but AK played an insane amount.

That podcast was hilarious. Tim Duncan is so funny. They should do a 2000s big 3 pod with Kobe, Dirk and Timmy

I will take suggestions. It is a wonderful coping mechanism for me after the loss of my wife.

Sent from my Z981 using JazzFanz mobile app

Mostly giving you a little hard time for just jumping on to one of the most popular games ever 13 years after it came out.

If you are enjoying then have at it. That is the most important part of any game. MMOs can be really fun and addicting. I personally stopped playing them because I got bored with them but I enjoyed them for awhile and get talked into playing them now and again with friends. I really liked Guild Wars 2. I also love Star Wars stuff so I enjoyed Star Wars The Old Republic, mostly for the really good story lines. Personally I like other games right now like League of Legends and Heroes of the Storm. Cool thing is all 4 of those games are free to play. Although if you get into either of the first 2 MMOs you will probably end up spending money. I also play way less games now then I used to. But I also play the occasional sports game or shooter game.

I have not played the newest WOW expansion so maybe I am wrong and the newest stuff is amazing.

If you are enjoying then have at it. That is the most important part of any game. MMOs can be really fun and addicting. I personally stopped playing them because I got bored with them but I enjoyed them for awhile and get talked into playing them now and again with friends. I really liked Guild Wars 2. I also love Star Wars stuff so I enjoyed Star Wars The Old Republic, mostly for the really good story lines. Personally I like other games right now like League of Legends and Heroes of the Storm. Cool thing is all 4 of those games are free to play. Although if you get into either of the first 2 MMOs you will probably end up spending money. I also play way less games now then I used to. But I also play the occasional sports game or shooter game.

I have not played the newest WOW expansion so maybe I am wrong and the newest stuff is amazing.
No worries. I am not serious into it just need the occasional break. I use to love world of tanks but that created stress not elevate it. I use to play guild wars.

Sent from my Z981 using JazzFanz mobile app

No MMO on the market even compares to WoW in term of amount and quality of content, stability of the game, customer support, and most importantly, population size.

It is still, far and away, the leading MMO.

No MMO on the market even compares to WoW in term of amount and quality of content, stability of the game, customer support, and most importantly, population size.

It is still, far and away, the leading MMO.

Population size is one of the reasons I still play LOL. It is by far the most popular video game ever. With about 70 million people playing every month at least once at about 20-30 million online at any given point.

WOWs beginning stuff is so outdated and boring that it is hard to play even with the updates. If you are playing at high levels it still seems pretty fun. I have never liked the combat stuff in WOW though, to boring for me. They do have great support but they also charge an outrageous price and have the numbers. I would think they would put out an even better quality game and updates. They keep getting worse. But I think Blizzard is putting their money towards other games. They are not going to lose their die hard customers that have been playing this long. WOW is the reason MMOs are what they are today though, they are definitely the #1 MMO of all time. But I cannot stand MMOs anymore so I am the wrong customer for all of them. The side quests and kill 10 of these things type quests are so tedious and I am not playing games for tedious. I also mostly played the arena stuff (actually competitive stuff) in WOW but then discovered that LOL and other games like that are much much better for that.

Population size is one of the reasons I still play LOL. It is by far the most popular video game ever. With about 70 million people playing every month at least once at about 20-30 million online at any given point.

WOWs beginning stuff is so outdated and boring that it is hard to play even with the updates. If you are playing at high levels it still seems pretty fun. I have never liked the combat stuff in WOW though, to boring for me. They do have great support but they also charge an outrageous price and have the numbers. I would think they would put out an even better quality game and updates. They keep getting worse. But I think Blizzard is putting their money towards other games. They are not going to lose their die hard customers that have been playing this long. WOW is the reason MMOs are what they are today though, they are definitely the #1 MMO of all time. But I cannot stand MMOs anymore so I am the wrong customer for all of them. The side quests and kill 10 of these things type quests are so tedious and I am not playing games for tedious. I also mostly played the arena stuff (actually competitive stuff) in WOW but then discovered that LOL and other games like that are much much better for that.

I don't disagree with any of this, really. Nobody really plays the beginning stuff since it now takes you like 6 hours to hit max. Leveling goes by real fast.

I used to PvP back in TBC, but I'm mostly a raider. I play each expansion for 2-3 months to check out raids and new content, then I quit till next expansion. I already did that for Legion, clearing Emerald Nightmare and the Nighthold. Will be back next expansion. :)

I don't disagree with any of this, really. Nobody really plays the beginning stuff since it now takes you like 6 hours to hit max. Leveling goes by real fast.

I used to PvP back in TBC, but I'm mostly a raider. I play each expansion for 2-3 months to check out raids and new content, then I quit till next expansion. I already did that for Legion, clearing Emerald Nightmare and the Nighthold. Will be back next expansion. :)

Yeah, I heard WOW went away from pleasing their hardcore fanbase to make the game more accessible and that has really pissed off longtime fans of the game.

Yeah, I heard WOW went away from pleasing their hardcore fanbase to make the game more accessible and that has really pissed off longtime fans of the game.

It is far more accessible now than when it first came out. It's the only reason it survives.

Back in the day of vanilla WoW, you pretty much had to play 10+ hours a day EVERYDAY to achieve high ranks in PvP. Finishing a raid was practically a full time job.