What's new

Andy Larsen killing it:

I mean, he's been doing it all season long. He is kind of Lowe-lite with this type of analysis, which is a great compliment (still not on the same league though).

He's the best Utah Jazz writer.

Agreed. Andy is sharp, works hard, and writes really well. He just gets it.

Tony Jones isn't my favorite writer, but one of my favorite tweeters. I think he has good sources and good takes. He's also not an unabashed homer (like Dowsett) so I feel like I trust him more.

Have to say, Dowsett is my least favorite. Abrasive, unabashed homer, trying too hard to be Locke. And he complains all the freaking time.

I like pretty much all the folks covering the Jazz. Tony is funny on Twitter and seems the least homerish. Andy Larsen's Triple Team is the one thing I read after each game.

What a great great game and article.
After years of years of losing to them We really keep rolling.
of course SA was very shorthanded, and so WHAT, there is no past or future It's only present and NOW Jazz are balling like great great team.
GO JAZZ

Tony Jones isn't my favorite writer, but one of my favorite tweeters. I think he has good sources and good takes. He's also not an unabashed homer (like Dowsett) so I feel like I trust him more.

Have to say, Dowsett is my least favorite. Abrasive, unabashed homer, trying too hard to be Locke. And he complains all the freaking time.
Well I mean, Tony is a different kind of writer than Andy. Tony is more focused on stories and breaking news, not in depth analysis.

Remember when the entire Warriors team complained about him?

You guys are really nice, and your kind words mean a lot. Thanks.

I mean, he's been doing it all season long. He is kind of Lowe-lite with this type of analysis, which is a great compliment (still not on the same league though).

IMO Zach Lowe is the best sportswriter in America right now (okay, Lee Jenkins and a whole bunch of others deserve shoutouts), so being mentioned anywhere near his name is a compliment.

BTW, I ran into Zach in Houston in December. We were talking about Donovan Mitchell because, seriously, that's all anyone wants to do when see a Jazz writer from out of town. Zach is very on board the Mitchell train, though couldn't believe he wasn't selected before #13. (Especially Detroit, he said. What were they thinking? As a capped-out team, they needed to take high-upside shots like Mitchell, not safe plays like Kennard. So it goes.)

Tony Jones isn't my favorite writer, but one of my favorite tweeters. I think he has good sources and good takes.

I think one of the really cool things about this beat (which only a couple of other markets can compete with) is how good each of us are at our own things. Tony is incredible at developing relationships with players, coaches, agents, etc. He's a gregarious personality and one of my favorite people to be around. (He also definitely reads JazzFanz, though I'm not just complimenting him on the off chance he reads this). Kyle Goon is the best writer out of all of us. That man can write a game story and make it seem like it took 5 days, not 45 minutes. His features are great, too. Eric Woodyard has a really unique eye for a story: no one else would have driven the eight-hour round trip from Memphis to Meridian, MS to tell Rodney Hood's family story the day before the trade deadline on the fourth game of a 4-game road trip. And I hope I have the ability to look inside the game a little bit with stats, Xs and Os, and my relationships with Quin and the front office.

I wish they would put a smart dude like Andy on the broadcast. Put harpring upstairs with Alema and slide Andy next to boler.

I suspect that my complete lack of good basketball playing experience disqualifies me from a serious NBA color spot, which are nearly exclusively filled by former players. I'd love to do pre or postgame one day, though, or fill in if possible. I also have a weird voice, as listeners of the SCH Show know.