What's new

Andy Larsen: The Jazz wanted to cancel the black/yellow/gold but couldn't

Why were you locked into that scheme? Why didn't you write the contract to have an out to get out of something this bad? Why would Nike not want to get out of a contract that looks to be a poor seller that most of the fanbase hates? Why did you make those initial designs without doing intensive focus group testing first? What the ****ing ****?

Why were you locked into that scheme? Why didn't you write the contract to have an out to get out of something this bad? Why would Nike not want to get out of a contract that looks to be a poor seller that most of the fanbase hates? Why did you make those initial designs without doing intensive focus group testing first? What the ****ing ****?
being rich does not stop you from being a moron.

I don’t think it’s our agreement with Nike… I think it’s the leagues agreement with Nike. Nevertheless if you simple did basic ****ing market research before locking in then you might have avoided this **** show.

I don’t think it’s our agreement with Nike… I think it’s the leagues agreement with Nike. Nevertheless if you simple did basic ****ing market research before locking in then you might have avoided this **** show.
Bro you’re talking about the guy who made his billions on market research. He’s an expert. Lol. You’re a blithering idiot on a message board. Big difference. Every ******* on a message board thinks they can do it better than the pros. Lol. Lol. Hah. Lol.

Also, I’m curious about the Ross stuff now in hindsight. That looked like a merch dump, so what the hell was it?

Bro you’re talking about the guy who made his billions on market research. He’s an expert. Lol. You’re a blithering idiot on a message board. Big difference. Every ******* on a message board thinks they can do it better than the pros. Lol. Lol. Hah. Lol.

This **** makes me laugh every time lol.

Also, I’m curious about the Ross stuff now in hindsight. That looked like a merch dump, so what the hell was it?
Could have just been a trial balloon to see if people would buy it. But then again, if they were committed by contract I’m not sure how much that would matter.

These jerseys are going to be worth money in 10-20 years because they will be rarities/oddities. Such is the case with many different kinds of errors sent into the world.

Ryan is playing 5D chess and we are here playing checkers.

These jerseys are going to be worth money in 10-20 years because they will be rarities/oddities. Such is the case with many different kinds of errors sent into the world.

Ryan is playing 5D chess and we are here playing checkers.
I do wonder what the economics are where you would have peak sales or merchandise (even if bad) when it’s new, and then maintain high levels of sales when a year later you also get something new.

I'm not sure exactly how It works, but from the very little i've read (and It really wasn't much i read), It seems down to the timeline of making the jerseys. Basically, when they got their reality check of how ugly they've dropped the ball, It was too late to change the designs already at ongoing production.

I'd rathar stick with black and white over purple. This is awful. Purple is ugly and so are the mountain jerseys.

I would guess this rebrand contract is more like 5 years with Nike, not 1 year. So you’ll be sucking it up for a lot longer than that unless Nike is willing to budge or let the Jazz pay a fine to change this. Maybe ask your ****ing fanbase what they think before locking in on something like this. YOU OWN A MULTI BILLION DOLLAR COMPANY COMMITTED TO SURVEYING FOR BETTER CONSUMER EXPERIENCE. Seriously wtf were any of them thinking?

Honestly the only things that suck about those are how out of left-field the color scheme is, the font/typeface, and the different colored tops and bottoms. So yeah, I guess there’s a lot that sucks.

I still think (metallic) gold as a color is super low-hanging fruit. Would like to see an almost-black violet and gold scheme explored as the primaries. Or would have. Can’t just keep changing this **** every five years, it’s honestly embarrassing.