What's new

Announcers

I'm playing a drinking game where I take a shot for every different pronunciation Boler has for Mirza Teletovic. I've already downed 6 shots of Jamo.

You should play the same game but drink when Boler reminds us that Withey is the leading shot blocker in Kansas history

Boler just doesn't know basketball. He is constantly confused by what call is being made and has always said stuff that just doesn't work for basketball. For example you can hammer down dunks, but you don't hammer down jumpers.

Hot Rod was the greatest. I loved that drunk *******! My dad had drinks with him a few times at this dive bar... said he was the best guy.

I generally like Boler, but I am really tired of hearing that the replay center is in Secaucus NJ. Seriously, is there some mandate that requires him to tell us the replay center is in Secaucus every single time? As soon as something goes to replay I start laughing because I know it is coming.

Boler just doesn't know basketball. He is constantly confused by what call is being made and has always said stuff that just doesn't work for basketball. For example you can hammer down dunks, but you don't hammer down jumpers.

I wouldn't go as far to say he doesn't know basketball but Boler is more a professional announcer than a "basketball guy".

That's why a lot of his play-by-play comes across as awkward or inorganic.

I wouldn't go as far to say he doesn't know basketball but Boler is more a professional announcer than a "basketball guy".

That's why a lot of his play-by-play comes across as awkward or inorganic.

He's knows basketball like the guy at the bar knows some basketball. I want my guys who's job it is to know basketball to be a basketball guy I guess. I like Locke but he thinks he's smarter than he really is and his play by play is kind of annoying.

I generally like Boler, but I am really tired of hearing that the replay center is in Secaucus NJ. Seriously, is there some mandate that requires him to tell us the replay center is in Secaucus every single time? As soon as something goes to replay I start laughing because I know it is coming.
Haha.. so trueeeeee

I don't mind Boler, he's not the issue, he's a pro.. I've actually come around on Ron Boone because of his old stories, when he gets the chance to tell them.. he struggles a bit but thats really not a big deal he's not the main guy.. I don't really care to hear Steve Brown or Thurl Bailey.

Harpring annoys me a bit, he's got a repore with Boler, I kinda feel like he repeats himself too much though.. The broadcasts are kind of vanilla and he's a reason why.. He should explain in-detail whats going on more, and talk about his opinions less -- we've heard all that **** already. Drop some knowledge on the offense!! tell the people what their looking at!! He's just so blatantly a company man too, thats lame and seems defensive to me - it's way overkill... There's plenty of room for improvement though, hopefully he gets better.

I understand all broadcast teams are slightly biased, and protect the brand. but I think Harpring does it to a fault, not so much on ref calls and such - He just makes too many excuses for players IMO. It's weak and almost sounds like he's pandering to the higher ups in the FO. Some of the stuff he says about Hayward, it's like he's reading off a menu at this point - Use better words!! When players are playing poorly, call them out for it!!

I'm sick of seeing Elijah Millsap and hearing his gaffes get damage controlled/unmentioned by the announcers. He's a 28 year old journeyman, who makes a pittance relative to the other players on the team, call him out when he does something stupid, he should be playing like his jobs on the line -- stuff like that is obvious but gets unsaid(why?!? it'd certainly add to the drama of the broadcast).

Can we petition the Root to find new announcers?

I'm okay with Jazz announcers despite their flaws. Although I was spoiled growing up in Philly with Harry Kalas (Phillies)and Merrill Reese (Eagles), and loved Hot Rod as well when I lived in Salt Lake City -- amazing all-time greats.

Two slightly annoying calls from TV last night were two 3 pointers that clanked off the front of the rim that Boler called "just short"

The absolute worst thing, though now it's become a comical thing, is Boler's total lack of ability of knowing what a 3 point shot is. Many times he's called a shot a 3 when the guy is like 3 feet inside the arc. It used to irritate the hell out of me, but now it's morphed into irritation and amusement. I still can't believe a producer hasn't told him that all he needs to do is look at the ref and see if he has his hand up for a 3 or down for a 2.

That being said the Utah guy's aren't great, but hardly anyone out there is locally. Try listening to the Nuggets guys sometimes which I'm forced to do. Scott Hastings is a total whining homer. Harpring may have his faults, but he is far more down the middle than most guys in terms of calling what is a foul and what isn't.

The absolute worst thing, though now it's become a comical thing, is Boler's total lack of ability of knowing what a 3 point shot is. Many times he's called a shot a 3 when the guy is like 3 feet inside the arc. It used to irritate the hell out of me, but now it's morphed into irritation and amusement. I still can't believe a producer hasn't told him that all he needs to do is look at the ref and see if he has his hand up for a 3 or down for a 2.

That being said the Utah guy's aren't great, but hardly anyone out there is locally. Try listening to the Nuggets guys sometimes which I'm forced to do. Scott Hastings is a total whining homer. Harpring may have his faults, but he is far more down the middle than most guys in terms of calling what is a foul and what isn't.

Lol it is programme covereage. You do not think this thing is for broadcast purpose?

Lol it is programme covereage. You do not think this thing is for broadcast purpose?

gif-what.gif

Can we petition the Root to find new announcers? Boone will always have a place in our hearts because we grew up listening to him, but he can't even complete a sentence anymore. Bolerjack is just a doofus.

25 games into the season, Neto has been starting almost every game - Neto rattles in a three early 1st quarter against the Suns...Boler: "Nothin but... Net-o" He was so proud of himself for coming up with that.

Anyone active on www.change.org ?

I don't have a problem with Bolerjack as long as he's paired with Boone. I cannot stand the Boler/Harpring combo. Harpring is, as you say, a "doofus" and their combination is horrid compared to other teams. And when you top them off with Steve Brown, who is also horrible, its a ****-show IMO.

For anyone complaining about the Jazz announcers, try getting NBALP and listening to ANY other team's broadcast. There are very few out there that are even merely tolerable let alone better.

Be thankful we have a decent crew.

For anyone complaining about the Jazz announcers, try getting NBALP and listening to ANY other team's broadcast. There are very few out there that are even merely tolerable let alone better.

Be thankful we have a decent crew.

The last two seasons I listen to the other teams announcers 90% of the time. There are a few crews that blow Utah's out of the water and a few that are really bad. I think Utah's crew ranks right around middle of the pack or slightly below. I tend to appreciate announcers that know the other teams well and are not just cheerleaders for their own team.

The last two seasons I listen to the other teams announcers 90% of the time. There are a few crews that blow Utah's out of the water and a few that are really bad. I think Utah's crew ranks right around middle of the pack or slightly below. I tend to appreciate announcers that know the other teams well and are not just cheerleaders for their own team.

Boler and Harpring give plenty of credit to the other teams. Now Boston, that's a crew that I absolutely despise.