What's new

Annual Rotation and Minutes Thread

Handlogten's Heros

2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
2022 Award Winner
2023 Award Winner
2024 Award Winner
It's official... we headed towards the dog days of the NBA summer... time for the annual rotation/minutes thread.

Ricky - 30 Min all at PG
DM - 36 Min all at SG
Ingles - 28 Min primarily at SF some at SG
Favs - 28 Min 12 at PF 16 at Center
Rudy - 32 Min all at Center

Bench
Exum - 20-24 minutes primarily at 1, but can play 2/3 too.
Royce - 20-24 primarily at the 2/3
Crowder - 20-24 Mostly at the PF but some at the 3
Thabo - 12-14 All at the PF
Allen - 0-6 Mostly at the SG spot

Out of the rotation
AB
Neto
Udoh
Bradley
Niang/Kidd

When injuries occur we can have some guys ramp up minutes (Ingles, Favs) or have pretty good guys that can step in and help. Outside of losing DM, Rudy, or Ingles the toughest injury to cover for may be Crowder. Not sure what Thabo has left and may not want to ramp him up to 25-30 minutes. Would be good if our 15th man was more of a 4 than a wing in that case.

IDK what you think?

Rubio 35 min PG
Mitchell 36 min SG, PG sparingly
Ingles 32 min SF
Favors 13 min PF 16 min C
Gobert 35 min C

Exum 15 min PG, SG sparingly
O'Neale 22 min SG/SF
Sefalosha 18 min SF/PF
Crowder 22 min PF, SF sparingly

Neto 6 min PG, playing maybe 35-40 games
Allen 8 min SG, playing 60 games
Burks 8 min SG playing 25 games
Niang 3-5 min PF in 15 games
Udoh 8 min C, 30 games

Bradley and ??? Kidd? 3 min maybe 10 games.

I know I've got more minutes accounted for, but with OT, injuries, etc, there are more than 48 minutes

I'd be shocked if Allen doesn't see significant playing time at some point this season. Likely sooner than later imo.

Rubio-30 all at PG
Mitchell-36-37 mostly at SG and a few at PG because of injuries
Ingles-32 mostly at SF but also a few at SG and PF
Favors 28 splitting time evenly with 14 a night at PF and C
Gobert 34 all at center

Exum 20-22 mostly at PG and some at SG and maybe even SF from time to time
O'Neal 22-24 at both SG and SF
Crowder 24-26 at PF and SF
Sefelosha 12-15 at PF

Out of the Rotation when the teams fully healthy but will average a few minutes due to injuries:

Allen
Burks
Neto
Udoh

Garbage minutes during blowouts:

Bradley
Niang
Kidd

The Jazz are crazy deep, easily one of the deepest teams in the league. But I think they'd be better off sacrificing a little of that depth to add a 3rd star.

Allen will get plenty of PT since DM is going to come back all-world, average 38 ppg, and we will crush the "competition" by 16+ per game. So in all those blow-outs Allen will get lots of minutes.

Rubio32min Exum16min
Mitchell36min (all at sg) Allen8min
Ingles30min Crowder16min O’Neale12
Favors12min C12min Thabo18 crowder10min Niang8min
Gobert36min

Bench warmers

Neto
Udoh
Kidd

This may be a more fun exercise with Timberwolves minutes.

STARTERS
PG Rubio 32
SG Mitchell 32
SF Ingles 32
PF Favors 12
C Gobert 34

BENCH
PG Exum 16
SG Allen 16
SF O'Neale 16
PF Crowder 18 Sefolosha 18
C Favors 14

We'll have so many blowouts that Kidd will average 10 mpg and Allen 20

Seriously though l mostly agree with OP. Since DM is an animal he'll have highest mpg. Neto has been good, he'll be in rotation if healthy. Almost all guys can play multiple positions which makes minutes distribution hard to predict. How Crowder will perform and if Fav will shoot threes as he promised will be key.

I am hoping we win a lot more comfortably than we have the last 2 seasons. We have been fighting all season just to make the playoffs. I hope this is the first year we can rest our guys a little more and dont have to have our starters play huge minutes at the end of the season and fighting every game.

I hope our starters can play a little less.

We have one of the deepest teams in the NBA, I hope we can use it more, and not because of injuries.

Rubio (30) / Exum (18)
DM (34) / Exum (10) / Oneal (4)
Ingles (28) / Oneal (10) / Crowder (10)
Favors(16) / Sefolosha(22) / Crowder(10)
Rudy (34) / Favors (14)

I think Burks gets close to 20 minutes per night unless we trade him.

That’s a bold prediction.
I would be shocked but I like where your heads at.

"until" we trade him ??

I have been 100% on this line of thinking but based on the fact that we have not moved him and how involved he seems to be, combined with the playing time and trust he got from Snyder in the Houston series I am starting to change my mind. But I guess we will see. I still think he would be better off in a different system and there is a decent chance we trade him this year but who knows.

I think Burks gets close to 20 minutes per night unless we trade him.

Their's not much downside to this prior to the deadline. He got 16.5 per last season, so 20 isn't a stretch given the Jazz have a chance to raise his trade value.

Worst case scenario: Burks shoots good from long on decent volume and we have to wrangle between the idea of trading him or keeping "the new Alec".

In a close hard fought game when we are healthy

Point guard: Rubio 30 minutes, Exum 13 minutes, Mitchell 5 minutes (if X plays well he gets all 18 back up minutes)

Shooting guard: Spida 34 minutes, Exum 8 minutes, Allen 6 minutes (again, if X plays well then Mitchell doesn’t play any pg and his minutes at the sg go up to 37 with X getting 11 minutes at backup sg)

Small forward: ingles 29 minutes, rolls Royce 19 minutes

Power Forward: favors 18 minutes, Crowder 30 minutes

Center: Stifle Tower 35 minutes, favors 13 minutes

Exum is the hardest to predict imo. If he plays well I could see him getting close to 30 minutes per game between the 1 and the 2 leaving nothing for Allen, Burks or Neto. If he plays poorly then I could see him getting around 20 minutes per game and Allen, Burks, and/or neto could be in the rotation.

I have a hard time seeing thabo, Burks, neto, udoh, niang, etc getting many minutes at all in a close game while the team is healthy. Maybe thabo gets some but I struggle to see where. Maybe some scraps at power forward? I figure favors and crowder should get all those minutes and ingles and O’Neal should get all the small forward minutes and Mitchell, Rubio, Exum, and Allen getting all the 1/2 minutes.

I expect crowder to be much improved this year.