What's new

Another Betrayward post nobody needs. . .

actusreus

These are the facts:

He's never been that good. He overachieved, and was the central piece in an offense that had no choice but to make him so. This clears a spot to build around someone better suited to that role.

He never really took to Utah, a place which, for a lot of obvious reasons, was practically hand-made for him.

Everyone knows that even if we signed him, we'd all have been thinking, thirty seconds post euphoria: okay, now what? We're still a 5th seed, with no chance of moving up, and there are no big names left to acquire, nor the means to acquire them.

If all these great friends, and teammates, and extra money,and everyone who's kissed his *** for 7 years end up paling in comparison to the wiles of a wildly overrated college coach who looks like he's 9, well, nothing was going to keep him here. So **** 'im.

These are the facts:

He's never been that good. He overachieved, and was the central piece in an offense that had no choice but to make him so. This clears a spot to build around someone better suited to that role.

He never really took to Utah, a place which, for a lot of obvious reasons, was practically hand-made for him.

Everyone knows that even if we signed him, we'd all have been thinking, thirty seconds post euphoria: okay, now what? We're still a 5th seed, with no chance of moving up, and there are no big names left to acquire, nor the means to acquire them.

If all these great friends, and teammates, and extra money,and everyone who's kissed his *** for 7 years end up paling in comparison to the wiles of a wildly overrated college coach who looks like he's 9, well, nothing was going to keep him here. So **** 'im.

I don't know if all of those are facts but I like where your mind is at.

Hayward was great last year. Special. Sorry to ruin your narrative.

Whether that carries over to Boston or not is a different subject.

He's replaceable. I just hope we can replace him soon, since Gobert is a jealous, growing boy.

Hayward was freaking good. What he did takes away a lot from but sadly it doesn't take away his talents.

As long as we all can recognize that we are in the sour grapes portion of the process, yeah man let it all out.

These are the facts:

I disagree. The Jazz were on the cusp of truly competing. At the same time, I'm not mad that Hayward wasn't into being a Jazz man. That's just the way he felt and there's nothing anybody could have done to change that. I'm ready to move on. The Jazz have an exciting young team with way more cap flexibility than we thought we were going to have (tell a team they can have Favors as long as they take Burks, and boom we've got max money cap space).

Hayward was great last year. Special. Sorry to ruin your narrative.

Whether that carries over to Boston or not is a different subject.

Agree with the first statement. Disagree with the second. Special? Not special enough to make an all-NBA team.

Unless he gets injured it will. I suspect he will have gaudy stats.

Not from a scoring perspective. Isaiah Thomas is a ballhog. I think that was one of the attractors for Hayward, that he wouldn't have to shoulder the scoring load. Maybe his rebounding improvement will continue.

Why is everyone so afraid to admit this sucks and Hayward was great? Did he overachieve? Hell yeah, and that is what made him a great player. He wasnt done either.

Boston may not give him the same individual statistical leap that Utah could have as a clear cut #1, but he will get better in Boston like he did every year in Utah.

Stopped acting like a guy who raised his scoring every year in the league and got better every year in the league was just another guy, he wasn't.

Can someone, or a committee of guys replace Hayward's scoring? Sure, but we aren't going to find any one player who can give us all that he did.

Not from a scoring perspective. Isaiah Thomas is a ballhog. I think that was one of the attractors for Hayward, that he wouldn't have to shoulder the scoring load. Maybe his rebounding improvement will continue.

IT really isnt that much of a ball-hog (he is great playing off the ball with his shooting), they just had no other creators on the team. He also gets to play with the best passing big man currently in the NBA. He probably averages at least 22 again.

Someone had better photoshop that!

Perhaps we can run a 'Betrayward' fundraiser campaign with the proceeds going towards Rudy Gobert's Favorite charity.

Hayward was freaking good. What he did takes away a lot from but sadly it doesn't take away his talents.

Hayward is good. He is a max player, but he is one of the worst max players in the league.

*Clarification - Max players on their third contract*

Also, his obsession with his hair is ridiculous.

The Celtics fell off a cliff when IT sat. I suspect that they will stagger their mins to keep at least one of them on the court. Hayward will be a point forward for half his minutes and the number one option for IT to pass to for the other half. Hayward will get his.

If Hayward averages 22+ ppg on a 60 win team, he will probably make an All-NBA team.

Remember he missed 9 games this year because of his finger and one game in the playoffs because of food poisioning. We won the playoff game and did OK to start the season. The Jazz will be fine.

Hayward is good. He is a max player, but he is one of the worst max players in the league.

He is definitely in the top 75th percentile of max players.

Max guys include dudes like Harrison Barnes, Enes Kanter, Reggie Jackson, Otto Porter, Andre Drummond, etc.