What's new

Another school shooting...

lol, ur so dumb! That's what is reported in the MSM! Just because neighbors and church leaders say it doesn't mean it is true!! LOL, SO DUMB!

I would take an opinion from a close relative or even a sibling that lived in the home. But a friggin neighbor? Give me a break.

Actually I was going from an interview they had with an aunt of the family not long after it all went down that I saw.

But obviously, a neighbor has no idea if they are a good family, but beantown knows for sure they are not.

Actually I was going from an interview they had with an aunt of the family not long after it all went down that I saw.

But obviously, a neighbor has no idea if they are a good family, but beantown knows for sure they are not.

He's straight (allegedly), so he has the advantage of being biologically paramount to you, your mom, and science. Don't question him.

He's straight (allegedly), so he has the advantage of being biologically paramount to you, your mom, and science. Don't question him.

you forgot to mention white privilege...

am I the only one crazy enough to think it has something to do with the increased level of violence that is considered acceptable in the media, video games etc?

Sent from the JazzFanz app

am I the only one crazy enough to think it has something to do with the increased level of violence that is considered acceptable in the media, video games etc?

The media has always been violent. I don't think there has been much of an increase.

LOL, yes, let's make an already unappealing job even more unappealing. Teacher + security guard, do 2 jobs and get paid for 0.5 jobs... that will work.

Probably a good way to keep the brats in line though. And the occassional pistol whipping never hurt - at least not on a societal level.

I know I can think of at least a couple of remarks to teachers that I would have kept to myself if I knew they were carrying.

Time for teachers to pack heat. If a shooter knows they are all packing he's not going in there.

What happens if a teacher accidentally hits a kid?
What happens if a teacher is mistaken for the bad guy and is then blown away by the "good guys?"
What happens if a district demands to know who is carrying? I know of a prominent school board in Utah county which made this demand.
What will be the procedure? Teachers without guns sit in classrooms while the teachers with guns abandon their children and go hunting?
What happens if a teacher is wounded and cannot teach class for an extended period of time? Will their insurance be dropped because they cannot work?
Who will pay for the teacher gun training?

Probably a good way to keep the brats in line though. And the occassional pistol whipping never hurt - at least not on a societal level.

I know I can think of at least a couple of remarks to teachers that I would have kept to myself if I knew they were carrying.

The cure a few decades ago for ADD and half the crap we educators deal with today was a good *** kicking from teachers, coaches, and parents.

I would say that at least half the IEPs I deal with are completely bogus.

Today, kids know that no matter what, society will always bail them out. Can't cut it at school? Here, we will pay to have you waste time at a special school. Don't do anything there? That's okay, we will pay for some other program. Clearly don't have the skills to move onto the next grade? Heaven forbid we hold you accountable! Here, let's pass you along to be an even bigger headache for the teacher next year.

Meanwhile, parents rarely want to parent anymore. I don't know whether it's because so many are working right now or if the 1980s just really trashed the public's perception of childbearing or education. But parents would rather be BFFs with their kids than be parents.

Kids know what the most expensive car in the world is and when the next IPHONE comes out but have absolutely no idea how to research, spell, write, critically think, or otherwise work hard. I know of juniors and seniors that don't know what a 5 paragraph essay is.

How about we set up every school with a nitrous oxide or similar gas system, like a halon system for fires. Then, if someone comes in shooting, the system can be triggered by any teacher or school official. It locks down all doors and gasses everyone until help arrives.

How about a full lock-down like a prison. It can again be triggered by any teacher but it makes all rooms close and lock and are impervious to entry from the outside until the system is reset. This would at least isolate a shooter and not let him leave.

I like the gas system because it would take him out of commission without hurting him and allow him to be apprehended and rob him of his suicide attempt.

This is also a good idea, I think most parents would choose to just have one less teacher in order to afford that.

lol!!!!

People who think this need to spend just one week in many of our schools here in Utah.

Many classes are already rolling with 40+. I know of many classes at a school who has kids sitting on the floor for lack of desks. I know of classes that have no set room. They merely move around the school moving from teacher with a prep period to teacher with a prep period. Nebo school district just moved to 5 class periods instead of 4 in order to accommodate their students (this sacrifices even more time yet content quantity and endless red tape from the worthless state remains the same. You know, the garbage designed to "help keep educators responsible.").

Utah is "unique." On one hand, we breed like rabbits. Then, on the other, we give large tax cuts for irresponsible breeders errr families and shopping malls. We clearly don't find education the way it needs to be funded. Then we bitch about educators. And then when gun stuff pops up, we act as if eliminating one teacher or hiring on a few security officers won't have detrimental effects on the system. Then we bitch about teachers s'more!

Last edited:
Surely, you must be joking?

I think chopping open the belly of a wolf and pulling out the humans from the inside is pretty graphic. That's from Grimm's Fairy Tales. Anderson's tales had Big Claus club his grandmother to death, so he could sell the hide.

We can have violence show more visually today. but our media has always been steeped in whatever level of violence the technology would allow.

The cure a few decades ago for ADD and half the crap we educators deal with today was a good *** kicking from teachers, coaches, and parents.

That didn't make the students learn, it just kept them quiet.

Kids know what the most expensive car in the world is and when the next IPHONE comes out but have absolutely no idea how to research, spell, write, critically think, or otherwise work hard. I know of juniors and seniors that don't know what a 5 paragraph essay is.

That sounds like what teachers used to say when I was a kid.

Society is less violent today than it was 15 years ago, and 15 years ago society was less violent than it was 15 years before that. The only real exception in this steady decline in violence was during the crack wars of the early 90s.

I think in a way we think society is more violent because we find violence less and less acceptable and are increasingly appalled when we encounter it. That and even as violence decreases we don't see less of it. Even if violence were cut in half the news would still have plenty of it to fill the nightly broadcast. We would still perceive that violence was out of control.

And there hasn't been a time in modern history where adults don't think the youth of the day are a hopeless mess.

I think the school shooting rampage thing has just become the symbol people use because we can see it's effects and know that it will shock and horrify. Eventually these delusional suicidal individuals will have a different target.

I think the school shooting rampage thing has just become the symbol people use because we can see it's effects and know that it will shock and horrify. Eventually these delusional suicidal individuals will have a different target.

This, sadly.

Off topic, I'm glad you survived that rape. For real.

They might eventually find a different target, but I think that schools will always be a target for those who want to feel like they have the power, since it is easy to exert your power over the most powerless groups. Schools have been locations of mass killings pretty steadily for more than a century, and unless we find a way to curtail it there is no reason to think it won't continue.

They might eventually find a different target, but I think that schools will always be a target for those who want to feel like they have the power, since it is easy to exert your power over the most powerless groups. Schools have been locations of mass killings pretty steadily for more than a century, and unless we find a way to curtail it there is no reason to think it won't continue.

off the top of my head, except for Adam Lanza in the Newtown shooting and Laurie Dann in Illinois back 20 years ago, most school shootings involved shooters who were current students at the school. I'm not sure there's any reason to think that an unstable 12 or 15 year old of the future is going to choose a different target, unless you are thinking of these as copy-cat crimes. They choose their school because it's the place they know best.

The motivation of a young person going in to their school with a gun is different than the motivation of someone like the Aurora movie theater shooter or Jared Loughner in Arizona.

There might be something to this. There was a guy in the 1910's or 20's who blew up his car outside a school with a fertilizer bomb (iirc), sending shrapnel everywhere and killing 46 or something. But like Moe is getting at with the comfortable thing, I think he was a teacher there??? and an all around troubled person.

It's on the wiki mass killings page if anyone cares.