What's new

Answers from Andy

idiot

Just highlighting this article for those who haven't seen it in which Andy Larsen answers questions about the Jazz (and unlike some Q & As, he did a pretty good job at picking interesting, timely ones to answer).

Also putting a plug in to support local journalism -- support the Trib if you have ties to Utah.

Among the highlights:
  • Doesn't see an obvious winner or loser if the DM trade talks with the Knicks drag on
  • Seems to suggest selling off other players whose trade value is currently high quickly (Beverley, Bogey), waiting perhaps on those whose value is currently lower (Conley)
  • A useful complexification of what DM's "camp" has been wanting
  • Unwillingness to assign singular blame for the Jazz's chemistry problems that slowly compounded over time
  • Pushback against the idea that a healthy Ingles would have somehow ameliorated the issues, or that his trade was a major setback to the locker room

Just highlighting this article for those who haven't seen it in which Andy Larsen answers questions about the Jazz (and unlike some Q & As, he did a pretty good job at picking interesting, timely ones to answer).

Also putting a plug in to support local journalism -- support the Trib if you have ties to Utah.

Among the highlights:
  • Doesn't see an obvious winner or loser if the DM trade talks with the Knicks drag on
  • Seems to suggest selling off other players whose trade value is currently high quickly (Beverley, Bogey), waiting perhaps on those whose value is currently lower (Conley)
  • A useful complexification of what DM's "camp" has been wanting
  • Unwillingness to assign singular blame for the Jazz's chemistry problems that slowly compounded over time
  • Pushback against the idea that a healthy Ingles would have somehow ameliorated the issues, or that his trade was a major setback to the locker room
Thanks for the run down.

It sounds that the tank is really on for next season.
I think that it's mostly just speculation. I mean one minute Mitchell is untouchable and the next he's on the block. One minute we're in the Ayton conversation and the next we're not. One minute we're making overtures for Sexton and the next we're said to be involved in a fire-sale where only minimum contracts are allowed. Personally, I don't want to see scorched earth and take solace in the fact that during Ainge's tenure with the Celts as CEO they never went that route.

I think that it's mostly just speculation. I mean one minute Mitchell is untouchable and the next he's on the block. One minute we're in the Ayton conversation and the next we're not. One minute we're making overtures for Sexton and the next we're said to be involved in a fire-sale where only minimum contracts are allowed. Personally, I don't want to see scorched earth and take solace in the fact that during Ainge's tenure with the Celts as CEO they never went that route.
Pass the solace. Hopeful that’s the case and it’s a rebuild on the fly.

So nice to hear a like minded soul out there. :cool:
It feels like this place has gone Bat **** Crazy with all the scorched earth, "gonna hit the lottery and get Victor Wembanyama" fervor out there!!
“This place”? You mean reality? The inevitable does not require your consent nor does it care about your wishes.

The people that are paying attention to the obvious reality unfolding are not the ones that are bat **** crazy.