What's new

Ante Tomic update

Ok stop the argument about a buyout. The jazz can only give 500k towards a buyout. Beyond that it is the responsibility of the player to pay. If tomic wants to come over he will.

Ok stop the argument about a buyout. The jazz can only give 500k towards a buyout. Beyond that it is the responsibility of the player to pay. If tomic wants to come over he will.

Same thing happened with Raul. He had to come up with the balance on a buyout and basically played for free his first season (in terms of the money he made personally). I don't think Tomic will be in a Jazz uniform next season.

Now that we have Favors, I doubt getting Tomic is much of a priority for KoC anyway. He can always resign Elson or Fesenko. We'll be seeing Big Al and Millsap next year, with HOPEFULLY Favors getting much more PT, maybe even starting... And HOPEFULLY Memo can get in some PT next year too; not throwing him under the bus at all. I just don't see him as a major contributor; HOPE I'm wrong 'cause I do like his game!

KoC has this all figured out. Memo plays out his contract next year, we sign Tomic to replace him and use him off the bench. I doubt Memo retires this off season, although I don't see him contributing much next season. With his contract, he'll try to come back...

he told he will play 2-3 more yrs, i hope he stays but not more than 5 million p/yr

He's far too slow to play PF and too weak to be a C. His body and style of play throw up red flags as far as his NBA prospects are concerned. I hope he overcomes the doubts people have of him, but when I think of the Jazz as a rebuilding project, I don't consider Tomic a part of it.

He's far too slow to play PF and too weak to be a C. His body and style of play throw up red flags as far as his NBA prospects are concerned. I hope he overcomes the doubts people have of him, but when I think of the Jazz as a rebuilding project, I don't consider Tomic a part of it.

Ditto.

Hey, not even Minnesota wanted him in the Jefferson deal!

Best to hope for is that Tomic raises a few eyebrows and has some value as a trading chip. Teams are often willing to take a flyer on a big - warts and all. Maybe adding Tomic will seal the deal on a trade for another player.

Tomic's greatest value—with Jefferson, Favors, Millsap, and Memo's cadaver on the team—is as bait for someone to take with Raja Bell in a trade.

F all that noise. I still want to have Tomic come over here (after his Euroball contract is up) and test him out. Having a skilled 7'3 center paired alongside a 6'10 physical PF would be a huge advantage.

How did I not know that he was 7'3"? o_O My bad. If I was a fan of Fes, then I must now be a fan of A.Tomic. I am now on the keep Tomic team.