What's new

Anthony Morrow

Saint Cy of JFC

2022 Award Winner
Yes, I know we all love Matthews, but Morrow is the man of the future. Dont sign Matthews, and try to sign Morrow, if we fail, we can take Matthews. He might get his feelings hurt, but BOOHOO, he is getting paid to play no matter what.

Yes, I know we all love Matthews, but Morrow is the man of the future. Dont sign Matthews, and try to sign Morrow, if we fail, we can take Matthews. He might get his feelings hurt, but BOOHOO, he is getting paid to play no matter what.

I'd rather have Anthony Tolliver.
sp-warriors12_PH_0501328229.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBRSGb2zd_E

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qn3A1YaQno

He's a free agent too.

If Boozer and Korver don't come back, we could probably get both.

Thats right. Lets sign a guard who can score and can't play a lick of defense to replace our best defensive wing.

But we can't allow Carlos to resign because he doesn't play any defense...

Thats right. Lets sign a guard who can score and can't play a lick of defense to replace our best defensive wing.

But we can't allow Carlos to resign because he doesn't play any defense...

Do you actually know he cant play defense, or are you just guessing he cant because he plays on the Warriors?

Tolliver was playing with Gaines for Idaho in the DLeague. The Jazz could have signed him for cheap last winter.

Jazz have apparently shown interest in Morrow:

G-State restricted free agent Anthony Morrow has slew of interest, including Spurs, Celtics, Lakers, Blazers, Clips and Jazz, sources say.

https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/status/17499224475

My guess it's just a fall-back option if something bizarre happens with Matthews and they don't re-sign him. Even then, he's a restricted FA...so it's VERY unlikely.

The Jazz should start releasing info about how much they want Matthews, and how they would match anything. Blazers do some ridiculous contract, we bluff, dont sign, and get Morrow, then get a championship.

Matthews vs Morrow

Shooting- Morrow
Defense- Wes
Team player- Wes
Finishing- Wes
Athleticism- Don't know, never seen Morrow dunk
Creating- Even
Strength- Wes
Height/Length- Morrow

ADV- Wes. Morrow just shoots 3s, we don't need another Korver. Wes has a much more complete game and was just a rookie last year and plays much better D

Team Player - Matthews barely got any assist, Morrow was having nice assist games for the WARRIORS, imagine if he came to Utah, where passing becomes contagious.

Come on man, both averaged 1.5 your argument is weak. Matthews>Morrow. The team player thing is passing the ball and playing within the system not assists #'s. Morrow takes bad shots and rarely shoots inside the arc while Matthews drives more and can knock down the 3 when open

Ok, so Matthews averaged the same assist as someone on a Shoot-first team? Look, anyone who comes to Utah becomes a good passer, anyone who goes to Golden State is going to become a bit selfish. Its the culture, the system, and everything. People who come to Utah usually become very unselfish passers.

Morrow shot abover 45% from 3 both his years in the league. Crazy, and thats on a team that encourages volume shooting, with the Jazz he will get better looks.