What's new

Any advice for quality TV Series to watch with gf?

MK11

Last week, one of my friend who knows about my problems with my gf suggested to me watching a show with her could be useful. And I liked the idea.

He suggested LOST as the best TV show he's watched ever. But I searched it on the net and actually it scared me with its run time. Including extras etc it's almost 150 episodes with more than 40 minutes each of it. I don't think I can endure that long. I even don't like watching TV much. Because I'm a little bit hyperactive. I have a short concentration span, get bored quickly and literally can't stay at the same spot more than a half hour. So I request your suggestions for a quality show which has more reasonable run time.

She likes more like drama-romance or maybe comedy types but to me theme doesn't matter unless it's extremely bloody or kinky.

Thanks in advance for any advices...

Californication. Episodes are 30min. It's a little kinky and comedy.

I tried em al with my gf. wont work.
try modern family, big bang theory, true blood, glee

ooh wait nevermind you said quality.

well just watch anything she watches. and fantasize about something else.

My gf watched every single episode of The Wire with me and loved it. Perhaps she's the exception but good television is good television and it's captivating.

Curb your enthusiasm, Homeland, Bored to Death. The Wire is my all time favorite, but it's long and a bit slow going at times for some people.

My wife and I started watching Prison Break a couple of weeks ago. The episodes are around 43 minutes but there are only 4 seasons and season 3 only has 13 episodes.

My wife and I started watching Prison Break a couple of weeks ago. The episodes are around 43 minutes but there are only 4 seasons and season 3 only has 13 episodes.

to be honest prison break SUCKS.

season 1 is extremly Good. they should have ended it then and there. but it jumped the fence pretty quick.

i think prison breka holds the record for quality difference between greatest season and worse season

I can't think of anything better to rekindle the love than to put as little effort into something as possible.

Lose 40 lbs and take her dancing. Get completely ****faced and splurg the $17 netflix subscription on a cab ride home, then show her your locker room humor isn't just for the locker room in the back seat.

Rent a snowmobile and buy a nice bottle of wine. Take her to the middle of nowhere and break out the fake crystal. Throw down the bear skin rug and show her your locker room humor isn't just for the locker room.

Whatever you do, don't pretend acting like a 60 year old hermit is going to do the same for her that young buck MK11 did.

If she's a typical chick that's into Twilight crap, check out "True Blood".
The vampires actually suck blood, and there's plenty of sex involved.

How I met your mother is entertaining. Dumb, but entertaining.
Arrested Development if you've never seen it. One of the best shows ever.
Breaking Bad is really good, but pretty rough\not a great one to watch with a girl.