What's new

Any New York state Jazz fan here?

Scorpjazz

Im in upstate, so its a decent drive to any NBA arena, just wondering what is the best venue nearby (Id say either Celtics, Knicks, Nets, or 76ers?) probably are nearest. Im looking for everything involved in the game...parking, venue, so on..
Interested in maybe taking a weekend vacation for a game if I can set it up. Never been to any of those places, just wondering the best one.

ugh...fans not fan...I cant change the thread title...that is bugging me.

Last edited:
I've been to all 4 but I haven't been to the TD Gardens since it was renovated.

Both the Barclays Center and MSG are great places to see a game - but if you're driving and, especially, if you're not from this area it could be overwhelming. Driving is a nightmare around both arenas and prepare to pay more for parking than you ever have in your life. I've been to MSG maybe 60-70 times in my life and I drove there once.

Wells Fargo is far and away the easiest place to get to. They play in a sport complex with tons of parking. Nothing memorable about the arena that I can think of; but after all The Sixers play there.

If you're upstate, drive to the MetroNorth, take that down to Grand Central and catch a game at MSG. Great venue. You might actually spend less on MN than you would parking and paying tolls.

If you're upstate, drive to the MetroNorth, take that down to Grand Central and catch a game at MSG. Great venue. You might actually spend less on MN than you would parking and paying tolls.

I'd agree with taking a train in to the city. Just a note that seats are normally much cheaper in Brooklyn than at MSG. You can get sideline club seats in the $200 range on Stubhub. You just have to suffer through watching the Nets.

Im in upstate, so its a decent drive to any NBA arena, just wondering what is the best venue nearby (Id say either Celtics, Knicks, Nets, or 76ers?) probably are nearest.

Very limited information: Sixers tickets are much cheaper than other arenas. Brooklynn especially is pricey for the quality of games. Philly games have been pretty dull of late with the rebuild, some excitement is now building. Arena and parking are fine. NY and Brooklyn arenas are difficult to get to with NYC traffic, Sixers are right off of I-95.