What's new

Any Tequila Snobs Here by Chance?

SteakNEggs

Long story short I am heading to Mexico tomorrow. Puerto Vallarta to be exact. I have a person I want to get a bottle of tequila for as a gift, one that you cannot find in the states. Cost is not a concern. Any recommendations? I've tried google and reddit and they're kind of all over the place.

Any recommendations by chance?

Nah. Did four or five shots of it last night. I forget what kind. I have some Don Julio. Not 1492 but just regular. Guy’s house I was at last night was talking about some $2,000 bottle of tequila which blows my mind.

Nah. Did four or five shots of it last night. I forget what kind. I have some Don Julio. Not 1492 but just regular. Guy’s house I was at last night was talking about some $2,000 bottle of tequila which blows my mind.
I know I said cost is no problem, but yeah not $2000 lol.

I know I said cost is no problem, but yeah not $2000 lol.
Oh, I wasn’t recommending that. Just threw out tidbit.

Another buddy of mine swears by Don Julio 1492. Think it’s like $200. He’s not a tequila fan but said it’s smooth.

Oh, I wasn’t recommending that. Just threw out tidbit.

Another buddy of mine swears by Don Julio 1492. Think it’s like $200. He’s not a tequila fan but said it’s smooth.
Yeah I know:). But yeah the Julio seems to be the most consistent answer.

A buddy of mine was in Mexico and took a tour of a Tequila distillery / agave farm. They go to taste tons of tequila and he bought some really nice bottles that were only sold there. Don't know the name or anything but maybe you could look up some distillery tours and snag something from that.

Of course if you don't drink or don't like tequila that's probably not going to be very helpful.

Patron is another good one that I would recommend. Not super expensive but not cheap, nice citrus flavor.
I thought "one you cannot find in the states" was a primary criteria.

Sent from my SM-G973U using JazzFanz mobile app
This. Though speaking of, back in my hayday many years ago I did get so drunk off of Patron that I got the brilliant idea to snort a full shot my buddy spilt on the counter. Not one of my brighter moments and that's all I can think about when I see or hear about Patron.

Mezcal or nothing.
This is the correct answer. Buy some local homemade mezcal from a few different people. My friend who lives in Mexico comes and visits regularly. He always brings 4 or 5 bottles usually in a used 1 liter soda bottle. All of them are good but a few are ****ing amazing!

Just for the record tequila is a mezcal. It's just from a specific region with a certain process. I really like the smoky mezcals the most. But really smooth ones are nice too.

This is the correct answer. Buy some local homemade mezcal from a few different people. My friend who lives in Mexico comes and visits regularly. He always brings 4 or 5 bottles usually in a used 1 liter soda bottle. All of them are good but a few are ****ing amazing!

Just for the record tequila is a mezcal. It's just from a specific region with a certain process. I really like the smoky mezcals the most. But really smooth ones are nice too.

Ron is able to read. Unlike myself.

I live in Mexico City and agreeing about what are the best mezcal or tequila seems to be a rather controversial and complex issue here hehe. Having said that, mezcal Bruxo and Alipus are highly recommended. I don't know about tequila.

I decided to go with this after some further review as I didn't want to spend too much. $144 and it came with a real nice wooden box and it's supposedly the "pinnacle of Jose Cuervo's". Lol don't judge my ugly feet please.
jPi9VVx.jpg