What's new

Anyone down for signing Shaq Harrison again?

idiot

Or how about Denzel Valentine?

I was looking through G-league stats for the players high in assists to help with our player and playmaking deficit after the trade deadline. Except for the players in the 6-0, 175 lb. range, Shaq and Denzel looked like the best options as players with both size and some playmaking chops (oh, and also Bolmaro would have made this list). Maybe DJ Carton at 6-2/6-3?

Shaq's still a terrible shooter, and I can only imagine that Valentine is still a terrible defender, but do you have any better ideas?

Or how about Denzel Valentine?

I was looking through G-league stats for the players high in assists to help with our player and playmaking deficit after the trade deadline. Except for the players in the 6-0, 175 lb. range, Shaq and Denzel looked like the best options as players with both size and some playmaking chops (oh, and also Bolmaro would have made this list). Maybe DJ Carton at 6-2/6-3?

Shaq's still a terrible shooter, and I can only imagine that Valentine is still a terrible defender, but do you have any better ideas?
I feel targeted. Don't do this to me. I still have my Shaq stock and I will keep it forever.

Actually, I think Shaq would be a good option to have in the Olynyk-at-center minutes with his defense, cutting, rebounding.

By the way, if it's true that we've officially cut ties with Bolmoro already, would that mean that we need to grab another player before officially buying out Westbrook? (Any capologists here?) And then we'd still be in the two-week period to add at least one more player after that?

By the way, if it's true that we've officially cut ties with Bolmoro already, would that mean that we need to grab another player before officially buying out Westbrook? (Any capologists here?) And then we'd still be in the two-week period to add at least one more player after that?
Pretty sure we’d have a couple weeks.

Jazz has been down to 13 players for the past 51 hours. So there is ~12 left to sign somebody to the roster (players on 2-way deals don't count for this). Russell can't be bought out or waived before Jazz has again 14 players on the roster, as per the CBA a team can never go below 13 players (and down to 13 players only for max two weeks).

Shaq Harrison, Kris Dunn, Denzel Valentine... Guys you know that guy Felicio? He would be awesome :cool:

For a moment I thought I was reading Bulls forum. as Lauri-homer I know all of these names well.
I liked Valentine at times for his shooting and occasional great assists but he is so limited. Off the bench on smallish minutes I would not see him useless. His defense just is bad. And the real Shaq again just can not shoot. But I liked him too for his endless effort. Neither of them are worth of signing...

No idea if Garlick knows anything, but here's another possible name:

Can't find much info about Lewis since his broken leg in summer league. Don't know if he's healthy yet.

I would bet we look for dudes we want to sign to multiyear deals. With the other years being non-guaranteed. No one jumps out at me immediately... I bet they do a 10-day dance with at least one of those roster spots. So you fill the spot for 10 days and see what you have... then you go a week or so before filling it again. The big winner is Ryan's wallet, which I know everyone will be excited about.

I'd consider Stanley Johnson for a multiyear deal. He is just so clearly an NBA rotation player and having that depth might provide some cheap help. I also was just incredibly impressed with his attitude and interviews. I think its good for young players to see a guy who was a high pick and is fighting to stay in the league.

Interesting G League guys... Mason Jones, PJ Dozier, Feron Hunt. I also think Frank Jackson could get some time... he's been good down on the farm.

I would bet we look for dudes we want to sign to multiyear deals. With the other years being non-guaranteed. No one jumps out at me immediately... I bet they do a 10-day dance with at least one of those roster spots. So you fill the spot for 10 days and see what you have... then you go a week or so before filling it again. The big winner is Ryan's wallet, which I know everyone will be excited about.

I'd consider Stanley Johnson for a multiyear deal. He is just so clearly an NBA rotation player and having that depth might provide some cheap help. I also was just incredibly impressed with his attitude and interviews. I think its good for young players to see a guy who was a high pick and is fighting to stay in the league.

Interesting G League guys... Mason Jones, PJ Dozier, Feron Hunt. I also think Frank Jackson could get some time... he's been good down on the farm.
Feron Hunt always reminded me of a Dorian Finney-Smith type. His stats are down quite a bit this year in the G-League though.

Just sign a bunch of promising g-leaguers and enjoy the tank. If they turn into something, great. If they don't, it doesn't matter

Feron Hunt always reminded me of a Dorian Finney-Smith type. His stats are down quite a bit this year in the G-League though.
Yeah I ended up watching him in summer league… he did enough stuff that I ended up looking him up a couple times. Just a real live body but looks like he can’t shoot.

I would rather give Jared Butler another look than sign any of these other guys.