What's new

Anyone have a link to Popovich calling out David Locke?

l Abach l

Heard a snip on the radio before I rushed onto the trax, and apparantly Popovich told David Locke (after one of his ***-hat post game questions) more or less that Locke is a guy who thinks he knows basketball, but knows nothing about the game. It was glorious! If anyone has a link/clip, much appreciated.

via https://jazzfanatical.wordpress.com/2015/02/24/game-55-of-82-utah-jazz-at-san-antonio-spurs-21-34/

(thanks moni)

David Locke: Have you come back to playing with two bigs more often than maybe you were at this point a year ago? Is that evolving, or is that just happening?
Pop: I remember you. You always try to ask basketball questions, and you have no clue what you’re talking about. But you always try to find a trend or something. I have no idea. Sometimes we play two bigs, sometimes we play small. It depends who we’re playing. But there’s no intent to go in one direction or the other. Is that OK?

Attachments

• locke-tweet.jpg
    locke-tweet.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 46
Couldn't find either. Here is a transcription though, if it helps:

David Locke: Have you come back to playing with two bigs more often than maybe you were at this point a year ago? Is that evolving, or is that just happening?
Pop: I remember you. You always try to ask basketball questions, and you have no clue what you’re talking about. But you always try to find a trend or something. I have no idea. Sometimes we play two bigs, sometimes we play small. It depends who we’re playing. But there’s no intent to go in one direction or the other. Is that OK?

That is funny. I think we can all appreciate having some one as passionate as locke as part of the Jazz family, but he sure is smug and nice to see someone put him in check.

Pop is at that Belichek/Parcells/Knight/Jim Leyland point in his career when he can just treat anyone the way he wants without impunity.

Lol at all the Pop hate and defending of Locke.

This place sometimes.

Seriously, If I was a coach or player I'd hate the media too. I'd try and make it so they never wanted to talk to me either. Pop's a genius, and he's always total class when he talks about other teams and players.

Locke is a combination of high pitched radio frequency garble mixed with santorum brains. Popovich remembers him from other dumb questions. As do I. Now that Corbin and Kanter are gone, Locke is the worst part of the Jazz today. If we could only trade lock for cap space and draft picks...

Speaking more realistically, maybe we could submarine the Cavs with Lock...

How do we even get rid of this guy? If the Jazz fired him, he would be the number one troll on Jazzfanz in a heartbeat. (He probably is already!)

"You always try to ask basketball questions, and you have no clue what you’re talking about."

Not sure if Pop meant to come off so churlish, but to speak that way to someone who makes their living from basketball is uncalled for. Locke deserves an apology.