What's new

Anyone think the Jazz aren't playing DeMarre so they can re-sign him on the cheap?

Xsy

Kind of a dick move on their part, if that's the case. But I'll take it.

I think it is essential that we keep making this very thread every time Corbin drops someone from the rotation.

Too bad the best explanation for many coaching decisions is way into conspiracy theory land.

We needed to get away from that 11 man rotation. Corbin took the ballsy move and decided that Marvin's potential is greater than Demarre's production. Is it the right move? Meh.
It's not a vet move by any means though. Marvin is 26. Demarre is 26.

We needed to get away from that 11 man rotation. Corbin took the ballsy move and decided that Marvin's potential is greater than Demarre's production. Is it the right move? Meh.
It's not a vet move by any means though. Marvin is 26. Demarre is 26.

Huh? Potential? We are still talking about potential? The dude was drafted in what... 04? 05?

He is what he is.

I can't think of 1 thing Marvin does better than junkyard dog.

It's another bone head move by the worst coach in the league. Anything stupid, idiotic, of bad will attract Corbin and be done by him. He's an idiot.

Huh? Potential? We are still talking about potential? The dude was drafted in what... 04? 05?

He is what he is.

I can't think of 1 thing Marvin does better than junkyard dog.

It's another bone head move by the worst coach in the league. Anything stupid, idiotic, of bad will attract Corbin and be done by him. He's an idiot.

What's Favors' potential? Hayward? Burks?
Length and athleticism.

That's what Marvin has over Demarre and that's what I meant. I'm not saying Corbin made the right decision, but I am glad he got away from that 11 man rotation.

If Carroll believed this for a second do you think he'd resign with Utah no matter what the circumstances?

Do you also believe NBA scouts are that bad at their job that they will just forget about Carroll because he is getting benched now?

Why ascribe some complex Machiavellian rationale to Corbin's rotation decisions when simpler more plausible explanations are available?

Actually, I like Demmare, BUT if we figure out a way to use Marvin better (I like him coming off bench), and Marvin pulls his head out of his arse, he's actually, IMO, a much better player than Demarre and can offer more to the team. I'm not giving up on Marvin just yet.

Why ascribe some complex Machiavellian rationale to Corbin's rotation decisions when simpler more plausible explanations are available?

Actually, I like Demmare, BUT if we figure out a way to use Marvin better (I like him coming off bench), and Marvin pulls his head out of his arse, he's actually, IMO, a much better player than Demarre and can offer more to the team. I'm not giving up on Marvin just yet.

Marvin is also clearly a better man defender. I love Carroll's hustle, but it bites the team in the *** at times when he isn't disciplined in his man defense.

I know how crazy this topic is, guys. It's just... I dunno.

It's just really unfortunate that the cold hard truth is that Marvin Williams won his spot in the rotation simply because he's been in the league longer. DeMarre, a good player that Utah could really use going forward, is being completely wasted, scorned, and pushed away by a coach who we're hoping gets fired.

I prefer my nonsensical conspiracy theory, tbh.

I just hope DeMarre gets a few more minutes in before the season ends, you know, as a proper goodbye.

Yes, there is no other reason for Corbin not to play Carroll.

...Well, it's either, we're trying to hide Carroll so he doesn't get a huge 6y/$80Million contract from Portland... OR Greg Miller is a baby and told Ty that he's spending more on his Marvin Williams toy than his DeMarre Carroll toy so he wants to see his more expensive toy play more than his cheaper/better toy (this would also explain Al/Millsap over Favors/Kanter)

Carrol is pretty bad if he is guarding a functional scorer.

Yet another falsehood from kennykyle.

Carroll gambles more than Marvin. True.

Carroll is a solid defender, and, depending on specific personnel, can guard 1 - 3. True.

I think it's a combination of things....

1) we're showcasing Marvin for a potential trade

2) we don't really care if we make the playoffs, despite what Matt Harpring says

Yet another falsehood from kennykyle.

Carroll gambles more than Marvin. True.

Carroll is a solid defender, and, depending on specific personnel, can guard 1 - 3. True.

Carroll does gamble a lot, but he is what Millsap used to be.

Marvin is the guy, and always has been.
He's like the reincarnation of Bryon Russell from 1998, and the Jazz will absolutely NEED Marvin Williams moving forward.

It's hard to not see Carroll play though, just like it's hard to see Evans not play.
Both have played well when their number was called....
Although at least Evans has a locked contract.

One of the things I disliked about Jerry was that he consistently went with his best halfcourt offense players, no matter how terrible they were at everything else. For all his talk of hustle, heart and defense, he had no patience for players who weren't offensively gifted. The same is true of Corbin, which is why he loves Al, Marvin and Randy, even though there are players whose overall positive impact is greater.