What's new

Apparently we should be grateful we'll be missing the PO.

Litany

Found this Q&A with KOC on Jazzfanatical.

Four. If the Jazz perform well in the Playoffs, will that affect the Jazz’s offseason plans?

Kevin O’Connor: Yeah. I mean, sure. We can, I can walk around that question, and say, “Well gee, I’m not sure. You know, we’ll evaluate” and everything. But the answer is yes. (1280)

https://jazzfanatical.wordpress.com/

Who knows what they would define as "performing well in the playoffs." If we squeaked out 1 win against OKC, maybe they would consider that a success and make stupid decisions based on that, so we should be glad we missed the playoffs.

Given the way the Jazz have mismanaged the last two seasons and appear hellbent on keeping the most inept coach in the world on staff, I think we can't put anything past them.

This season has brought on just about every emotion possible. I love the Jazz and I have followed them for more than 20 years, but I can't remember a more frustrating time.

When we traded D-Will I was 100% on board and behind it. I thought it was brilliant. However, since then?

Cluster#*#*

Well, Just know that I Know, from a rather reliable source, that the winds of change shall be upon our beloved team this offseason. ;)

Found this Q&A with KOC on Jazzfanatical.

https://jazzfanatical.wordpress.com/

Who knows what they would define as "performing well in the playoffs." If we squeaked out 1 win against OKC, maybe they would consider that a success and make stupid decisions based on that, so we should be glad we missed the playoffs.

Given the way the Jazz have mismanaged the last two seasons and appear hellbent on keeping the most inept coach in the world on staff, I think we can't put anything past them.

This season has brought on just about every emotion possible. I love the Jazz and I have followed them for more than 20 years, but I can't remember a more frustrating time.

When we traded D-Will I was 100% on board and behind it. I thought it was brilliant. However, since then?

Cluster#*#*

You think when KOC says "performing well" in the playoffs he means one win against OKC and then he'll say all is good and keep the team completely intact? That's not at all how I read that.

...This season has brought on just about every emotion possible. I love the Jazz and I have followed them for more than 20 years, but I can't remember a more frustrating time.

I heard the KOC in context, didn't get the same message. He almost sounded (I said almost) like: [sar] 'yea, right. Like this group of guys is going to do something special in the playoffs' [/sar]

28 year fan myself, frustration peaked at tradedeadline. Since then I have considered the Jazz condition, position, and future. I'm very much relaxed about the whole thing. Primarily because its just a game. Secondly because I watch for entertainment and I found something to entertain me in the current bunch. And also because change is coming. They have 7 or 8 FA's, two draft picks, and a new GM. Next year will be different (better or worst is still to be discovered).

I just hope that all those who are calling for a full rebuild with young players getting 30+ minutes will support the team next year despite the results . I want to keep my Jazz in Utah.

I will be here cheering with you mellow. Thru thick and thin, no matter what. Go Jazz!!!

You think when KOC says "performing well" in the playoffs he means one win against OKC and then he'll say all is good and keep the team completely intact? That's not at all how I read that.

Honestly. I'm not sure when KOC turned into the Bobcats GM, but I'm almost positive he would not consider 1 win against the Thunder performing well. Performing well would be a 1st round upset.

Honestly. I'm not sure when KOC turned into the Bobcats GM, but I'm almost positive he would not consider 1 win against the Thunder performing well. Performing well would be a 1st round upset.

Or taking OKC to 7 games, in my opinion.

Playing the young guys while losing next year in what will be a star draft seems to make sense. I have been surprised by KOC in the past. I think he may have us all fooled into believing that he will bring back many of the same cast of dopes we saw this year, but it just makes so much sense that he was waiting until next year to start the rebuild all along. Not to mention he can use all the cap space available to us to re-sign and round out the roster.

Playing the young guys while losing next year in what will be a star draft seems to make sense. I have been surprised by KOC in the past. I think he may have us all fooled into believing that he will bring back many of the same cast of dopes we saw this year, but it just makes so much sense that he was waiting until next year to start the rebuild all along. Not to mention he can use all the cap space available to us to re-sign and round out the roster.

Somewhere along the way it occured to me that if all of us can see it, and the darft experts can see it, that KOC and Lindsey have certainly seen it too. But KOL had a problem of how do they convince an owner to lose money and lose games for 2 seasons? Plus they had guys under contract, couldn't just dump them. So they go into this year trying to make the playoffs, without much hope of winning it all, but hoping the fans would get behind the team so that the jazz could earn enough to pay the electric bill. Believing that next year would be a year for a team of the young guys and NBA cast aways--like the Tom Gugliotta era but without Jerry. And they have the perfect coach to lead them to the lottery. This year was always about next year.

Plan would have worked perfectly had it not been for Mo's thumb, Randy's 6 week shooting slump, and the impatient fans.

I heard the KOC in context, didn't get the same message. He almost sounded (I said almost) like: [sar] 'yea, right. Like this group of guys is going to do something special in the playoffs' [/sar]

28 year fan myself, frustration peaked at tradedeadline. Since then I have considered the Jazz condition, position, and future. I'm very much relaxed about the whole thing. Primarily because its just a game. Secondly because I watch for entertainment and I found something to entertain me in the current bunch. And also because change is coming. They have 7 or 8 FA's, two draft picks, and a new GM. Next year will be different (better or worst is still to be discovered).

I just hope that all those who are calling for a full rebuild with young players getting 30+ minutes will support the team next year despite the results . I want to keep my Jazz in Utah.

This is exactly how I feel.

This is the big test for me. I have thought that this was the plan all along. And I think it is a good one. Me thinking that its all about this next year is what has kept me going as a fan. Now If we go and resign Jeffy, Mo, and Randy (although I wouldn't mind Foye back in a bench role) then I might lose it. To me it is all about this offseason.

Somewhere along the way it occured to me that if all of us can see it, and the darft experts can see it, that KOC and Lindsey have certainly seen it too. But KOL had a problem of how do they convince an owner to lose money and lose games for 2 seasons? Plus they had guys under contract, couldn't just dump them. So they go into this year trying to make the playoffs, without much hope of winning it all, but hoping the fans would get behind the team so that the jazz could earn enough to pay the electric bill. Believing that next year would be a year for a team of the young guys and NBA cast aways--like the Tom Gugliotta era but without Jerry. And they have the perfect coach to lead them to the lottery. This year was always about next year.

Plan would have worked perfectly had it not been for Mo's thumb, Randy's 6 week shooting slump, and the impatient fans.

https://jazzfanz.com/showthread.php...upcoming-tax-hikes-What-can-we-take-from-them

I promise to support the team as much as I ever have before if they go with the youth next season

Nice explanation