What's new

Game Thread Apr 04, 2023 07:00PM MT: Jazz vs. Lakers

Added to Calendar: 04-04-23

Dude, you don't even remember what you've posted in this thread.

Exactly. You dont understand that saying the timing was good for that happening is different than cheering for a brain injury.

I didnt use the words brain injury anywhere in my post.

I will continue to to wait for you to find a post saying something like “im so happy that kessler got a brain injury” like you claimed was being posted.

Exactly. You dont understand that saying the timing was good for that happening is different than cheering for a brain injury.

I didnt use the words brain injury anywhere in my post.

I will continue to to wait for you to find a post saying something like “im so happy that kessler got a brain injury” like you claimed was being posted.
Fish, a concussion is a brain injury.

We all know you weren’t celebrating it either.

Fish, a concussion is a brain injury.

We all know you weren’t celebrating it either.
Exactly. No one was celebrating kessler having a brain injury/concussion. That is my point exactly. There were no posts saying "im so happy that kessler got a concussion/brain injury"
There were certainly posts saying that kessler getting a concussion helps us lose more games and get a better draft pick. imo those two things are different.

Last night was a perfect game. We really want the Lakers in the play in... we didn't beat them but they will have no gas tonight. The Lakers in the play in will shoot like +15 FTs so even if Minny gets to the 8 spot they will lose to the Lakers... then anything can happen in one game. 9/10 is still very much in play and is ideal.

How has Samanic's defense been with his time with us?
I think his scoring has been better than I expected, but that his defense sucks. He also doesn't box out or seem to have much court awareness. Overall, he is great for an end of bench guy, but I would hope our rotation is deep enough to not need him for many minutes a game

I think his scoring has been better than I expected, but that his defense sucks. He also doesn't box out or seem to have much court awareness. Overall, he is great for an end of bench guy, but I would hope our rotation is deep enough to not need him for many minutes a game
IDK, I think I would rather have the reverse, a long athletic wing defender that doesn't have a great shot as the end of bench guy, who could play spot minutes on tough defensive assignments. At that point you would assume we have enough shooter, and defense is always the main issue really, especially in today's NBA of no defense allowed, a good defender is worth a lot, especially in a bench roll.

That said, I do agree if he is who we end up with as a 9th or 10th man, then so be it. Could do worse.

He was old, tiny, overpriced and isn't doing much in minny.
Losing Mike didn't hurt.
If Sexton and Clarkson don't get hurt and we try to win then we would have had just as good a record post Conley trade as pre Conley trade.

Yep. Sexton this year when starting in place of Mike was a much more productive player than him. Then when Sexton went down THT broke out and was way better than Conley was this year.

Yep. Sexton this year when starting in place of Mike was a much more productive player than him. Then when Sexton went down THT broke out and was way better than Conley was this year.
I agree both have been more dynamic, but I think Conley brought a veteran presence and was a better facilitator and controlled the game better. We were definitely better with Conley than without.

It seems like every game recently the Jazz have a quarter or so this is just putrid on both O and D and spend the rest of the game digging out of that hole. Perfect for the tank but something that needs to be worked on for next season.

Nice feel good game overall, almost perfect actually. A win here could’ve been problematic, but a two point overtime loss should have been enough to make everybody happy. Even enjoyed the player comradery after the game ended. My favorite features were: solid effort from Sexton in his first game back; Damian Jones performance - trumped Vando; Luka II - can we sign this kid already!; OA, THT, Dunn, JTA, KO, DOK!!!

Nobody expected us to hang with the Purple and Gold, with our decimated roster, with LBJ back and rolling at this time of year with everything on the line! Nice job boys - including our fabulous coaching staff.

I agree both have been more dynamic, but I think Conley brought a veteran presence and was a better facilitator and controlled the game better. We were definitely better with Conley than without.
Conley had a much bigger impact than his stats would indicate.

When I researched him on Reddit some people said his defense was atrocious and some said it wasn't bad. I was like, so which is it?

I hope he gets some burn for his own sake. With all our picks, I see us getting some solid players and fringe guys like Luka won't last on this roster. Juzang, JTA, and Potter are as good as gone.