What's new

Game Thread Apr 05, 2022 07:00PM MT: Jazz vs. Grizzlies

Added to Calendar: 04-05-22

They were however, down Ja and Brooks and took us to OT in a must win game for us.

I mean… guys.
So the same team that just beat the full strength Suns last week by double digits. Yeah they must not be very good.
The same team that had won 7 in a row before this game against teams like the Nets, Bucks, Warriors, and Suns?
BTW Brooks had only played in 30 games all year and look at there record.
I think your analysis is a little short sided. This was a good win

Last edited:
For whatever it's worth, I watched how many times the Jazz tried to pass it into Gobert either near the rim or on the move toward it. That happened 17 times in the game.

They ended up with 13 points from those possessions.

At least 5 or 6 ended up in turnovers (I wasn't counting those as closely)
No one is saying force feed Rudy.

The team just needs to be way more cognizant of when and when not to give Rudy the ball. If he within the restricted area with a wing in him, you get him the ball, especially if there isn't any real help D lurking.

If he's posting up the opposing big 8 feet away from the rim, you probably don't want to give him the ball unless he is playing really well and you want to reward him.

I don't think the overall pass numbers to Rudy are the best indicator, but they are absurdly low and should be higher because my eye test says he is in good positions more than that.

So the same team that just beat the full strength Suns last week by double digits. Yeah they must not be very good.
The same team that had won 7 in a row before this game against teams like the Nets, Bucks, Warriors, and Suns?
BTW Brooks had only played in 30 games all year and look at there record.
I this your analysis is a little short sided. This was a good win
Also Brooks is super overrated and their 5th best player at best

They are missing 46 pts, 9 boards and 10 Ast between Ja and Brooks……their top 2 scorers.

Ja is pretty predictable and not terribly efficient. The Grizzlies win just as much without him. Ja is a guy who can make big plays late though.

Brooks is a wildcard. He's had some good games and bad games. He gives them more toughness and physicality and could have made a difference on defense.

If the Grizzlies beat the Jazz in a series this year, it will be mostly because JJJ plays really well on both ends at the 5. He wasn't good against the Jazz last year.

Ja is pretty predictable and not terribly efficient. The Grizzlies win just as much without him. Ja is a guy who can make big plays late though.

Brooks is a wildcard. He's had some good games and bad games. He gives them more toughness and physicality and could have made a difference on defense.

If the Grizzlies beat the Jazz in a series this year, it will be mostly because JJJ plays really well on both ends at the 5. He wasn't good against the Jazz last year.
Point taken, but what I was (trying) saying is that I don’t think I’d get super excited about beating the Grizz, sans their 2 leading scorers…..at home…..in OT.

*shrug emoji thing*

Point taken, but what I was (trying) saying is that I don’t think I’d get super excited about beating the Grizz, sans their 2 leading scorers…..at home…..in OT.

*shrug emoji thing*

Jazz's standards are pretty low right now. Any win where the Jazz don't completely collapse is very welcome right now. That said, the Jazz missed several FTs that would have sealed the game, and Tyus Jones had a game-winning layup that somehow he didn't finish. So yeah, the Jazz kind of did collapse a bit.

However, there still were some positives, such as how well the Jazz defended and rebounded against a team that is known for out-hustling their opponents. That was also possibly the worst game from Donovan offensively since the All Star break, and the Jazz were able to overcome it because guys like Clarkson, House and Conley made plays in the 2nd half. The Jazz showed some of the effort and energy they had been lacking.

The Grizzlies didn't have anything to play for, so maybe they weren't playing full speed the whole time.

Shocked Quin let house finish over O’Neale. Give him credit for that.
Survival instinct. He's got to smell it. Not just himself, but the team he's created by coaching/leadership too. It's got to make you react.
I like his loyalty and I'm not mad at it as long as he ultimately take action. Smart dude; he knows the issues.

When Bogdanovic is out there, he's kind of a dead spot in our defense. Jaren Jackson was attacking him and drawing Gobert over to help. Fortunately, JJJ can't pass all that well, or it could have been trouble.

I could see the Jazz trading Bogey in the offseason in search of a more dynamic, two-way wing.