What's new

Game Thread Apr 05, 2022 07:00PM MT: Jazz vs. Grizzlies

Added to Calendar: 04-05-22

View attachment 11903

For your viewing pleasure, prolly posted somewhere in antoher thread already but I tend to read less here when times get bad, I'm already depressed enough I don't need any help feeling sad or pissed off.
Close with House over Royce, get Donovan off his heroball garbage, and the Jazz could be a serious threat.

I can't believe this is real. Royce hasn't even been close to an all-defensive player this season, or at any point in his career for that matter. The fact that the Jazz are campaigning for him like this is just embarrassing.

I can't believe this is real. Royce hasn't even been close to an all-defensive player this season, or at any point in his career for that matter. The fact that the Jazz are campaigning for him like this is just embarrassing.

Lol this angers me.

They’re making an effort at upping his trade value for this offseason.

At least three of those are indictments of how he’s used. It’s akin to back in the day where you would put a much lesser player peg into a starting lineup or position “because they’re a [insert position],” while sitting a much better player who’s not a [insert position].

Also, a huge red flag to see the limitations that are there (this isn’t Royce’s fault) and to see the numbers on how Quin insists on him being utilized.

And comparing him to himself on steals. He’s #40 in steals per game. Donovan is #12. Where’s his defensive team push?

At least three of those are indictments of how he’s used. It’s akin to back in the day where you would put a much lesser player peg into a starting lineup or position “because they’re a [insert position],” while sitting a much better player who’s not a [insert position].

Also, a huge red flag to see the limitations that are there (this isn’t Royce’s fault) and to see the numbers on how Quin insists on him being utilized.

And comparing him to himself on steals. He’s #40 in steals per game. Donovan is #12. Where’s his defensive team push?
Ummmmm sir… use more respect when you are talking about Mr. Steal Yo Ball.

This is hilariously on brand. I wonder if they will campaign for Ainge to be executive of the year or JB to be rookie of the year.

I would like it if they pitched it using the defensive version of screen assists… “Royce averages 52 screen collisions a game”

He averages 1.1 steal and 1.0 turnover per game.
And now realizing that I had to actually run the numbers because twitter said 1.2 steals and BR says 1.1. Turns out to be 1.148648648648649 steals per game.

I guess you can round that 6 up to 7, which rounds the 8 up to 9, which rounds the 4 up to 5, and we know 5 rounds up to 10, which rounds to 1.2. It’s a real strong argument when you’re making interesting rounding decisions for such a negligible result. Definitely all defensive numbers.

May be they can try to put the basketball on Mike hands and let Mitchell move around without the ball a ittle bit... between Don and Rudy moving there should be lots of space out there to operate for Mike and the other 2 guys... IDK... a little bit of basics... but hell... what do I know....
You say it all. That's the way we can be better. let Mike be the conductor, Don shoot and Rudy do his job. Plain and simple. Hopefully Quinn understand this as well....

He averages 1.1 steal and 1.0 turnover per game.
He will Steal Yo Ball and give it back most of the time… he’s a defensive ace but he’s not a savage. His momma raised him better than that.

So California Pizza Kitchen closed all their Utah restaurants? Going to the game tomorrow and was planning to eat there.

This is embarrassing as **** lmao

Royce averages 7.7 screen deaths a game which leads the league. This guy plays harder than any other defender obviously as he leads the stat by more than double the next player.

Donovan’s MVP hype:

- He attempts more challenging game-winning shots than anyone in the association.

- He’s averaging a career high in minutes per 36 minutes.

- He is averaging more points, rebounds, and assists, and shooting higher percentages from the field, from deep, and from the line than a former two-time MVP with the Nets.