What's new

Game Thread Apr 05, 2024 08:30PM MT: Jazz at Clippers

Added to Calendar: 04-05-24

On the flip Bazley is pretty damn athletic. There's definitely something there as far as developing. I say if we draft Sarr next year we bring in all of the young talent and work to develop guys that can be a part of our future and try to go for Booz or Cooper Flagg. I'd imagine a core of Flagg, Sarr, Hendricks, Sensabaugh, Keyonte, Lofton, Bazley could be promising with time on the floor.

Layup line looking more like buffet line with him Lofton and THT
I noticed with Lofton's defense tonight, he wasn't afraid to switch onto the point guards and actually did fairly well defending Mann, Bones. His help defense isn't the best, but he did fairly well out there for a big dude. He got a block too.
His jumper looked silky smooth. Made one three, then drained a Plumlee contested mid range. I really hope we look to develop him, because there is serious potential there with him. He has no issues scoring, just needs to polish up on his defense. He could also be a nice PNR threat, and I see he has the intangibles on the court and knows how to set up on offense.

I noticed with Lofton's defense tonight, he wasn't afraid to switch onto the point guards and actually did fairly well defending Mann, Bones. His help defense isn't the best, but he did fairly well out there for a big dude. He got a block too.
His jumper looked silky smooth. Made one three, then drained a Plumlee contested mid range. I really hope we look to develop him, because there is serious potential there with him. He has no issues scoring, just needs to polish up on his defense. He could also be a nice PNR threat, and I see he has the intangibles on the court and knows how to set up on offense.
I think I only see a chubbster with brass ones who imposes himself to some effect.
Kidding aside tho I can tell your eye for the game far exceeds mine so I'll allow myself some optimism.
Physically he reminds me of Mark Aguirre from the day at 6'6" and 230 ish and physical, got to any spot he wanted
This kid is 6'6" and 275!
Surprised to learn he's only 21 yo

I'm beginning to wonder how much long-term damage this ******** is doing to the rookies.

Right now they're clearly feeling entitled. No need to play defense, no need to run back, no need to give effort. The minutes are always free and the score never matters.

Hardy might yank their chain as he did here. But they'll all be starters next game. And they might even try for a game, but the standard has definitely slipped.

Switching from that mind-set to actually playing winning basketball at the start of next season might be quite a jolt.

I'm beginning to wonder how much long-term damage this ******** is doing to the rookies.

Right now they're clearly feeling entitled. No need to play defense, no need to run back, no need to give effort. The minutes are always free and the score never matters.

Hardy might yank their chain as he did here. But they'll all be starters next game. And they might even try for a game, but the standard has definitely slipped.

Switching from that mind-set to actually playing winning basketball at the start of next season might be quite a jolt.
He could start Preston, Bazley, and Lofton and make a real statement. If the guys who came straight from the G-League produce better than them that would really drive the point home that they need to get their head out of their ***.

And honestly, I can see that easily happening.

Luckily I had tickets to Nate Bargatze last night and was spared from this travesty. Was sad to miss the Iowa game though.

Hopefully we get a couple good games from Key before the end of the year. I’m officially slightly concerned. I never thought he was the chosen one but am wondering if this star potential stuff they kept pushing is similar to “Ochai is a starter next year” nonsense.

We are seeing exactly why you make an effort to get the rookies consistent minutes early in the season with the vets playing so that they can focus on defined roles. That also leads to more losses early so that we don't have to go all out tank later on. What we are witnessing now is gleague ball which isn't particularly helpful for anyone's development.

We are seeing exactly why you make an effort to get the rookies consistent minutes early in the season with the vets playing so that they can focus on defined roles. That also leads to more losses early so that we don't have to go all out tank later on. What we are witnessing now is gleague ball which isn't particularly helpful for anyone's development.
What? This theory doesn't even hold up because the rookie who had the most defined role early on is currently doing the worst....

I feel like people are way overreacting to this stretch because the Jazz are playing very good teams. Last year around this time we were going against other stinkers so it looked better.

Luckily I had tickets to Nate Bargatze last night and was spared from this travesty. Was sad to miss the Iowa game though.

Hopefully we get a couple good games from Key before the end of the year. I’m officially slightly concerned. I never thought he was the chosen one but am wondering if this star potential stuff they kept pushing is similar to “Ochai is a starter next year” nonsense.

Will gave him the green light too early. The pouting was the canary in the coal mine. Selfish play was allowed and here we are.

What? This theory doesn't even hold up because the rookie who had the most defined role early on is currently doing the worst....
It holds up just fine because it is how Eric Spoelstra develops players. It was also working nicely with Key for most of the season where he had a smaller role and better players around him plus some continuity with the guys. At this point in the year guys are just in and out of the lineup nonstop so you don't really build any chemistry and it is just a bunch of bad basketball.

It holds up just fine because it is how Eric Spoelstra develops players. It was also working nicely with Key for most of the season where he had a smaller role and better players around him plus some continuity with the guys. At this point in the year guys are just in and out of the lineup nonstop so you don't really build any chemistry and it is just a bunch of bad basketball.
How can that be the way Spo does it when I'm pretty sure Spo has never been a part of a team that has tanked?

I think he is the best comedian out there right now

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk

We didn't have Kessler and the rookies didn't play good defense. Well the lack of Kessler was the biggest factor the rookies weaknesses were just exposed.