What's new

Game Thread Apr 09, 2024 07:00PM MT: Jazz vs. Nuggets

Added to Calendar: 04-09-24

Not live yet but someone needs to make a mixtape of the “highlights” of this game to “Sweet Georgia Brown”. This ain’t a tragedy… it’s a comedy.

Jamal Murray torching our "Don't guard great 3 pt shooters above the break" strategy.

I think Tay Henny might be in the doghouse. No reason to play Luka in the 4th. Actually why did THT and Luka get big minutes?

I think Tay Henny might be in the doghouse. No reason to play Luka in the 4th.
Hendricks Kessler and Dunn are our 3 best defenders and all 3 of them have gotten doghoused this season.

Not sure how we're going to build any sort of defensive culture when playing defense clearly doesn't get rewarded.

Let's go! Another L! That much closer to the record in losing the most in a row!

I wasn't going to bring this up, but since Andy Larsen already did in his triple team, our rookies are being outplayed by our scrubs.

I think the win/win scenario of tanking - i.e. if your rookies are good enough to win that's good, but if they aren't good enough to win that's good for your draft position doesn't feel as win/win to me right now. Our rookies are really far away from leading us to wins, which doesn't feel great.

I wasn't going to bring this up, but since Andy Larsen already did in his triple team, our rookies are being outplayed by our scrubs.

I think the win/win scenario of tanking - i.e. if your rookies are good enough to win that's good, but if they aren't good enough to win that's good for your draft position doesn't feel as win/win to me right now. Our rookies are really far away from leading us to wins, which doesn't feel great.
Its not a great sign. Keyonte just seems done. He's probably extremely tired. Makes a lot of sense as he has played the entire season. He also lost a ton of weight this past off-season and that has probably resulted in more fatigue accumulation. You just don't see athletes drop 30 lbs in an off-season who are Keyonte's size.

Hendricks just isn't a very talented all around basketball player. He's talented in certain facets but lacks the ability to make a consistent impact at this point. He's got some of the same issues a guy like Ochai had.

Brice is just one side of the ball and he simply isn't very good at this point.

This is also a reason I want Castle. Jazz need that prospect who can have a wide impact.