What's new

Game Thread Apr 10, 2021 07:00PM MT: Jazz vs. Kings

Added to Calendar: 04-10-21

IIRC, the renewing vows thing was like a full blown wedding every year, with their friends and family expected to dress to the 9s and bring gifts and such.

So ****ing bizarre.
Yeah I'd be done with her insecurity before the second wedding.

Not after the ball weighing?
Her scale would be broken after the 1st one.

lol, or else I'd have to explain that during my daily shower things happen and the steam might throw off the measurements.

They don't regret it during the stretch that we are discussing currently. They love to see him shoot it.

Now if you want to discuss how teams feel about royce shooting when he is shooting closer to his average then that would be a different discussion.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app
You don't game plan around "I hope this slump continues tonight".

I'll go look.

EDIT: I still have the game on my DVR. For my own sanity I might put some effort into finding it. I think it was in the 2nd qtr? But if both of you saw it differently I'm willing to concede the point.
I trust what Hearsky said because like you I only recall it from memory. You can't fault either for going after the rebound, but Rudy was the one who got upset, and like others were saying, he was probably upset not by this but because he wasn't getting the ball enough.

They don't regret it during the stretch that we are discussing currently. They love to see him shoot it.

Now if you want to discuss how teams feel about royce shooting when he is shooting closer to his average then that would be a different discussion.

I think Royce is one of those dudes teams will test. If he misses a couple of shots early, teams are going to leave him open because they know he struggles with confidence in his shot. If he hits them early they have to be more respectful and have to at least run at him.

I think Royce is one of those dudes teams will test. If he misses a couple of shots early, teams are going to leave him open because they know he struggles with confidence in his shot. If he hits them early they have to be more respectful and have to at least run at him.
Agreed.

I hope they find time to give Royce a few days off. It’s pretty clear to me that he’s playing through something.... just let it rest, broughs.

Yes, if they stop randomly, they also continue randomly. It's like the guy chasing bets at a roulette table, think black is "due" because the last 5 were red.
I've had to endure a few conversations with someone explaining their roulette "strategy," ugh.

Yes, if they stop randomly, they also continue randomly. It's like the guy chasing bets at a roulette table, think black is "due" because the last 5 were red.
It's like a coach has decisions to make. Who do we want our best defenders on? Who should we double? If we are going to leave someone open who should that be?

Do we leave ingles open? Donovan? Conley, niang? Clarkson? Bojan? Royce? Then they might look at how each of those players is CURRENTLY playing and make the decision to leave the guy open who is currently in a shooting slump to the tune of 2-21 or whatever and who isn't even close on many of his wide open 3's.

Or the coach could choose to really defend that player tightly with one his best defenders and not use his defender to help and instead let one of the other guys who is shooting better be open instead because a while back the guy who is shooting horribly was shooting pretty good.

I know what most coaches would do.

It's like a coach has decisions to make. Who do we want our best defenders on? Who should we double? If we are going to leave someone open who should that be?
Royce, because is a low usage player, not because you have a mistaken belief in how slumps work. However, the goal is to avoid leaving anyone open.

Do we leave ingles open? Donovan? Conley, niang? Clarkson? Bojan? Royce? Then they might look at how each of those players is CURRENTLY playing and make the decision to leave the guy open who is currently in a shooting slump to the tune of 2-21 or whatever and who isn't even close on many of his wide open 3's.
There is a 0% chance they leave Mitchell, Conley, or Ingles open, if they they went 0 for their last 20.

Or the coach could choose to really defend that player tightly with one his best defenders and not use his defender to help and instead let one of the other guys who is shooting better be open instead because a while back the guy who is shooting horribly was shooting pretty good.
No one is putting their best defender on Royce (again, low usage).

I know what most coaches would do.
Put their best defenders where they have the most impact, right?