What's new

Game Thread Apr 10, 2022 07:30PM MT: Jazz at Trail Blazers

Added to Calendar: 04-10-22

Lol why ppl can't just calm down and enjoy in PO? Who can 100% say phoenix will pass first round? We don't know who they playing.. Same with other mechups.. We had big expectations last year and we know how this ended. Maybe this year can be different. We got tools to winn. Maybe we all gonna be surprised who knows...

Not sure why you quoted my post with this response but ok lol. I agree with you.

I explained exactly what Dallas does. You said I didn’t.

I know you know what an average is… I simply explained some nuance behind the average and why it might be pushed along. It’s an injury you don’t know if it’s ready until you test it… son reason to risk it in the regular season until you are sure. In the playoffs… well maybe you cross your fingers and take the leap.

View attachment 11934
Lol okay lol if I admit I lose will you stop responding? Hahaha I lose I lose now please make it stop

Seriously, im embarrassed for fans you read through this thread. The last few pages have been brutal. Thank you so very much for the nuance you added. Couldn’t have discussed this injury and what “average” means without ya. Without your nuance, we probably all would’ve Imagined Luka missing the playoffs. But due to your nuance, our minds have been opened. Thank god for your insight in adding nuance.

I lose! Remember, don’t respond!

Lol okay lol if I admit I lose will you stop responding? Hahaha I lose I lose now please make it stop

Seriously, im embarrassed for fans you read through this thread. The last few pages have been brutal. Thank you so very much for the nuance you added. Couldn’t have discussed this injury and what “average” means without ya. Without your nuance, we probably all would’ve Imagined Luka missing the playoffs. But due to your nuance, our minds have been opened. Thank god for your insight in adding nuance.

I lose! Remember, don’t respond!
Put me on ignore… I added more nuance than average but whatevs man. Your awfully smug for a guy who is mostly wrong about basketball stuff

Went to The Pie before the Suns disaster this week. Man that stuff is still good. Love that sojo location
The one by the U? I will be in SLC next week for the first time in awhile. The Pie, La Frontera and Crown Burger are my must go to places. RIP Training Table.

The one by the U? I will be in SLC next week for the first time in awhile. The Pie, La Frontera and Crown Burger are my must go to places. RIP Training Table.
I’ve only eaten at La Frontera on 106th and it’s been at least 20 years. I drove by within the past couple weeks and noticed it was no longer there.

I agree. But why do you think that? Im
Curious.
I dont trust CP3 as much in the playoffs especially from a health standpoint and I dont know how good they are without him leading. Griz are playing very well and very athletic young fast team. We beat them 4-1, but it was very very close each game and they are improved. I think Booker is good but I dont think he can take a game/series over like Ja can now. Either team should probably be favored over us though.

I dont trust CP3 as much in the playoffs especially from a health standpoint and I dont know how good they are without him leading. Griz are playing very well and very athletic young fast team. We beat them 4-1, but it was very very close each game and they are improved. I think Booker is good but I dont think he can take a game/series over like Ja can now. Either team should probably be favored over us though.
If we get atleast decentDM few hot bojan games and jc game with some breaks we can beat any1. So I will try stay positive.. As always good and bad stuff happens every single PO so maybe this year bad ones avoid us .Who knows...

If we get atleast decentDM few hot bojan games and jc game with some breaks we can beat any1. So I will try stay positive.. As always good and bad stuff happens every single PO so maybe this year bad ones avoid us .Who knows...
I agree, I think we can beat anyone if we are lucky and things go our way. I just dont think we should be favored against certain teams. Being the underdog though seems better for this team anyways traditionally. Our team is healthy going into the playoffs for pretty much the first time ever with this group, so that is pretty promising. I hope it stays that way and we figure out our 4th quarter stuff and play harder now that games matter.

I fell asleep watching the game (not the first time). When I woke up I checked the box score and saw that we won and Gobert and Conley were playing in the second half I was disappointed. I'm not sure why either was playing any minutes. Then I saw we get to play Dallas who might have a hobbled Luka, and I guess things worked out.

Late to the party, can’t believe nobody’s talkin bout Hernangoat! This one random piece that we pulled off from the scrap heap is looking like he could be a real difference maker for us in the playoffs this year! Now don’t screw this up Snyder!!!

Late to the party, can’t believe nobody’s talkin bout Hernangoat! This one random piece that we pulled off from the scrap heap is looking like he could be a real difference maker for us in the playoffs this year! Now don’t screw this up Snyder!!!
Don't worry, with the full contingent available Hernangoat and Paschall will barely see the floor in the playoffs, just like Butler. It isn't part of the system. Actual performance on the court will never override the system. I am shocked, as in completely and utterly shocked, we have seen House closing over Royce. But my guess is that during the playoffs we will not see that at all. Snyder only knows one way to manage the game, and that requires Royce to be the closer. So don't expect much from Juancho unless someone gets hurt. Sad thing is, that kind of makes me want someone to get hurt, as that might actually improve our odds.

Don't worry, with the full contingent available Hernangoat and Paschall will barely see the floor in the playoffs, just like Butler. It isn't part of the system. Actual performance on the court will never override the system. I am shocked, as in completely and utterly shocked, we have seen House closing over Royce. But my guess is that during the playoffs we will not see that at all. Snyder only knows one way to manage the game, and that requires Royce to be the closer. So don't expect much from Juancho unless someone gets hurt. Sad thing is, that kind of makes me want someone to get hurt, as that might actually improve our odds.
You right LogGrad, this guy is just so thick headed. Considering the kind of scrutiny he’s been under since Ainge arrived I was originally secretly hoping for him to fall on his face in the playoffs. But since the sudden rash of speculative interest in the media from SA and LAL, seems like the better we do the better chance somebody takes the bait. And knowing Slick Snyder he cuts ties and bails. Always rooting for us in the playoffs but this year I’m especially motivated!

This is probably an unpopular opinion, but I would go with Gay as the backup 4 to start the playoffs. He would have an incredibly short leash tied to his effort, but I think you have to at least see what he can bring with playoff intensity. Gay was brought in for the playoffs, and I think you have to give him a chance.

If he continues to look bad than I am very comfortable with Juancho and feel like we're lucky we have him as an option.

If we lose and Denver wins tonight, we will get the 6 seed and avoid the Suns in the second round.

But i think that would mean we would have to play the warriors in round one. They were the best team in the league for a stretch this year. Also have some championship experience.
Im very happy to play the mavs. I heard something about a luka injury too.

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

This is probably an unpopular opinion, but I would go with Gay as the backup 4 to start the playoffs. He would have an incredibly short leash tied to his effort, but I think you have to at least see what he can bring with playoff intensity. Gay was brought in for the playoffs, and I think you have to give him a chance.

If he continues to look bad than I am very comfortable with Juancho and feel like we're lucky we have him as an option.
With another coach I’d be with you 110% but Snyder loves to sit on his hands in these situations and not make the necessary adjustments/ substitutions. Hell, the guy couldn’t even challenge a bad call till Ainge took some kind of back room corrective action and when was the last time you saw him pull Mitchell or even Clarkson when they’re running bad?

Last edited: