What's new

Game Thread Apr 11, 2024 07:00PM MT: Jazz vs. Rockets

Added to Calendar: 04-11-24

People like to criticize Jalen Green, but Jabari Smith doesn't seem to have much impact for a former #3 pick either.

That said, I'd rather have Keyonte than Jalen Green. Keyonte at least drives the ball and makes plays.

Last edited:
I cannot stand when Keyonte complains to the refs and won't get back on defense when he gets a turnover
Feels like it happens about six times a game. I don't get the hopium on Keyonte. Very low BB IQ, beyond horrible D, doesn't see the floor well, doesn't understand angles, and me first as they come. A chucker trying to turn into a PG is bad religion. The exact kind of player I hate having on my team. I feel like his bad habits have got worse as the year has gone on. He won't be with the Jazz in three years. He is going to get passed around the league like @Handlogten's Heros' mom.

Feels like it happens about six times a game. I don't get the hopium on Keyonte. Very low BB IQ, beyond horrible D, doesn't see the floor well, doesn't understand angles, and me first as they come. A chucker trying to turn into a PG is bad religion. The exact kind of player I hate having on my team. I feel like his bad habits have got worse as the year has gone on. He won't be with the Jazz in three years. He is going to get passed around the league like @Handlogten's Heros' mom.

He needs to play off the ball most of the time, imo. I'd rather see him work on his offensive game and try to become Devin Booker rather than force himself to be a PG and end up something like Spencer Dinwiddie. He's got talent as a scorer and self-creator. He's not a natural full-time playmaker though.

This is way too harsh, in my opinion. Keyonte makes A TON of rookie mistakes, but he's shown plenty to have hope.

I just don’t understand what determines playing time with Hardy. Maybe it’s a nod to the guys that may be out the league next year… but all year we’ve made excuses for this or that… and I’m tired.
This.
Last night Hendricks goes 2-3 from the field (efficient), has 4 rebounds, 4 assists, 3 steals, 1 block, zero turnovers and only gets 19 minutes. He was a plus in plus/minus. Only 1 foul. He was our top draft pick who didn't get to play much this season and could use minutes for development purposes. He is the reason many fans are even watching these games. Why only 19 minutes? Luka gets 34 minutes. So weird. Seems like their minutes should be flip flopped.

This is way too harsh, in my opinion. Keyonte makes A TON of rookie mistakes, but he's shown plenty to have hope.
Ya I mean just last night he had 20 efficient points and 5 assists. He has good size, a great looking shot, tons of confidence, good athleticism....... there is a lot to like and a lot to build on and give us hope. 19/20 year old one and done rookies just usually suck and need a few years of development and coaching to reach potential. Key looks to have a lot of potential to me.

Last edited:
Well we can definitely rule out defense.
Clarkson is THE WORST defender in the entire nba according to a thread @Shad posted recently and Clarkson was second on the team in minutes. Oh he also sucked offensively for the vast majority of the season.

Ya I mean just last night he had 20 efficient points and 5 assists. He has good size, a great looking shot, tons of confidence, good athleticism....... there is a lot to like and a lot to build on and give us hope. 19/20 year old one and done rookies just usually suck and need a few years of development and coaching to reach potential. Key looks to have a lot of potential to me.
Hardy probably just wants to give some minutes to the players who haven’t played much yet. I mean they are with the team and practise with them, so why not reward them a bit before the season is over. Hendricks has done enough to be seen as a future piece and will get tons of playing time next season.

Hardy probably just wants to give some minutes to the players who haven’t played much yet. I mean they are with the team and practise with them, so why not reward them a bit before the season is over. Hendricks has done enough to be seen as a future piece and will get tons of playing time next season.
Key got 33 minutes doe. He has played WAY more than Hendricks.

Yurtseven is signed through next season (non-guaranteed). Dude played just fine and earned his 2.6M contract next season, IMO. I'm excited to see the other two gone though.
Ya Yurt has looked pretty good. And with how bad Kessler looked/regressed we might need Yurt more than we should.