What's new

Game Thread Apr 12, 2021 07:00PM MT: Jazz vs. Wizards

Added to Calendar: 04-12-21

lol beal had the choice of leaving ingles or oneale to shoot, he chose to leave ingles...lmao

Yep.
Had to challenge that if you are still really trying to win this game. Would have turned into an and one. He was moving, not in front of gobert, and in the restricted zone.

Rarely do they get a chance for an absolute stone-cold sure-thing reversal. They have dozens of assistant coaches just sitting there behind the bench. Can't they give one of these guys the assignment to alert them on challenge opportunities? What a waste...

... He's literally the only net positive player on the team tonight.

Damn, Nate is on fire at blaming the players probably the least at fault for this loss.
He’s got to at least be a threat to score. Royce for weeks now has given us minimal offensive production. Ronnie Brewer did a lot of good things on the court. But his inability to shoot from the outside allowed it so teams could cheat off of him and pack it inside, making it harder for our team to score. Royce, while being a better 3 point shooter than Brewer, is so reluctant to do anything offensively, allows teams to ignore him and concentrate on defending our other players.

At some point we’re going to need a small forward who can score. You can’t just rely on our guards to do everything.

lol.

He beasted the previous two games and he is not the reason the Jazz are getting torched tonight, as evidenced by the fact that when he went to the bench (after you blamed him for all our defensive woes), our defensive woes continued.
I'm going make this very simple for you. The Jazz run their defense through the center position. They defend the 3 point and basket. They give up mid range shots.
When Favors enters the game the Jazz give up MORE inside points than mid range. Favors is supposed to give Rudy a long break off the floor, yet he's bad so often the Jazz are forced to pull Gobert back on the floor.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

But he didn't. Royce is in there solely to play defense and the result was actually slightly BELOW average.
All of our players played awful defense three quarters. If Gobert had defended in the first three quarters as he is now, Beal's percentage would have been low even if he was currently 30. So Gobert is okay but Royce is not right?

Royce's job is to
I'm going make this very simple for you. The Jazz run their defense through the center position. They defend the 3 point and basket. They give up mid range shots.
When Favors enters the game the Jazz give up MORE inside points than mid range. Favors is supposed to give Rudy a long break off the floor, yet he's bad so often the Jazz are forced to pull Gobert back on the floor.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

News flash: Almost no center in the history of the NBA can defend effective in a "filter everything to the rim" system. The fact that Rudy Gobert can is a testament to his greatness.

Guards routinely beating their man at the point of attack and forcing Favors to defend 2 on 1's and Nate thinks he sucks at defense because he can't do it effectively like 99.9% of centers in league history.

When Gobert leaves the game, it's not Favors getting exposed on defense - it's our guards.

All of our players played awful defense three quarters. If Gobert had defended in the first three quarters as he is now, his percentage would have been low even if he was currently 30. So Gobert is okay but Royce is not right?
2 points in 36 minutes. 32 points in the last 9 games. That's 3.5 point per game in 33 minutes per. Find me one starter in the entire nba that's worse and I'll digress.

The Jazz got outscored by 18 in the 10 non-Royce minutes, but yeah, this is Royce's fault.

Jazz want respect, but we’re clearly not as good as our record indicates. Everyone knows this and that’s why we don’t get the respect we think we’re due. We don’t deserve crap. IDC if Conley and Jordan are out. This is ****. Period

The defensive breakdown on Gafford lob by Don was big. Can't come back if you are bleeding easy points no matter how good you play on offense.

Jazz want respect, but we’re clearly not as good as our record indicates. Everyone knows this and that’s why we don’t get the respect we think we’re due. We don’t deserve crap. IDC if Conley and Jordan are out. This is ****. Period
Being respected has nothing to do with games like this. It has to do with winning in the playoffs.