What's new

Game Thread Apr 13, 2021 07:00PM MT: Jazz vs. Thunder

Added to Calendar: 04-13-21

Thomas has looked rough. Maybe an off-season with Utah's training staff can elevate him. He just looks extremely rushed atm. Once he settles down and figures out where he's getting his shots he can get back to elite shooting

Brantley is cool because he's our only young bench guy who is somewhat assertive other than Thomas. Forrest/Oni/Morgan are all really passive players who mostly seem like they are trying not to make mistakes
Thomas shot doesn't even look pretty right now... seems really flat for such a good shooter who is also a small guy. He's obviously better than this but I have no idea why we felt a need to burn a pick for another small guard.

Brantley has been more controlled but isn't afraid to make a mistake... hopefully Quin has patience rather than punishing him when he has some screw ups.

Thomas shot doesn't even look pretty right now... seems really flat for such a good shooter who is also a small guy. He's obviously better than this but I have no idea why we felt a need to burn a pick for another small guard.

Brantley has been more controlled but isn't afraid to make a mistake... hopefully Quin has patience rather than punishing him when he has some screw ups.
Because Quin's offense thrives with guys who can hit the three, and not guys like Craig who can't hit the three.

Because Quin's offense thrives with guys who can hit the three, and not guys like Craig who can't hit the three.
While not an elite shooter Craig can still have the three ball and his perimeter defense was something we badly needed. Not only do we not get him but one of our top contenders does get him and he has immediately made an impact.

The folks around here hoping to get rid of Niang might get their wish.

I figure The Jazz would re-up him on a modest deal - maybe a slight raise at 2 years and an option. My guess they lose him as a UFA this summer.

While not an elite shooter Craig can still have the three ball and his perimeter defense was something we badly needed. Not only do we not get him but one of our top contenders does get him and he has immediately made an impact.
/sarcasm

The folks around here hoping to get rid of Niang might get their wish.

I figure The Jazz would re-up him on a modest deal - maybe a slight raise at 2 years and an option. My guess they lose him as a UFA this summer.
Nah... he's a Jazz lifer. They will cut the budget somewhere but I think Niang stays put. I think the budget cut will come from Conley walking, trading Bojan, trading JC, or moving Favs... Niang at 3-5M (he won't get more than that imo) is still a good value.