What's new

Game Thread Apr 18, 2022 06:30PM MT: Jazz at Mavericks - Game 2

Added to Calendar: 04-18-22

I joked after last year's playoff collapse, and then again all season, that the only thing left for a Quin-led playoff team was to blow a 3-0 series lead.

No way that happens but if there's ever a dynamic built for it, I'd wager it could be a situation similar to what we're seeing play out:

The team with home court doesn't have its best player for the first three games.

The other team DOES take advantage of this by getting wins, but the wins against the team without their best player are closer than they maybe should be (this, of course, remains to be seen).

The team that goes up 3-0 has a recent history of some pretty amazing choke jobs, including blowing a 3-1 series lead despite leading by 15 points midway through the third quarter of a potential close-out game five, and then a year later, blowing a 25 point lead in a must-win game six after blowing a 2-0 series lead.

Game seven, if it gets that far, will be in Dallas, not Salt Lake.

Do I think it'll happen? Nah. I actually think Utah has a better chance of losing tomorrow than blowing a 3-0 lead but if the Jazz do win these next three games, and Luka is back for game four in SLC and Dallas wins, not going to lie, my butthole will tighten just a bit.

I’m trying to have a nice Sunday

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz

Mitchell, Gobert and Bogdanovic looked like the three best players on the floor in Game 1. I'd like to see Conley and Clarkson break out a bit more.

Well if I can't kick sand on a waitress at Senor Frogs then I don't even want to go to Cancun.

We were in spring break for 9-10 days/nights…let’s see how many places I can recall.

Daddy Rocks
Daddy O’s
Senor Frogs
Pat O’Brien’s

That’s it. That’s all I can recall. Not even sure those are the correct names of the places either.

We were in spring break for 9-10 days/nights…let’s see how many places I can recall.

Daddy Rocks
Daddy O’s
Senor Frogs
Pat O’Brien’s

That’s it. That’s all I can recall. Not even sure those are the correct names of the places either.
Okay looked up names of places..
Fat Tuesday was definitely one night.
Coco Bongo I think was a night.

Have you traveled there with kids? Interested to hear recommendations. We were looking at it for possibly fall break (among other places). Actually found some (relatively) cheap flights in January for Tahiti so we booked that but then ended up cancelling because of some COVID stuff (which will likely change by then but not taking the risk before knowing for sure). Back to drawing board but my heart got set on the yolo. I went to Cancun once in high school. That was the first time I ever left the country.

Have you traveled there with kids? Interested to hear recommendations. We were looking at it for possibly fall break (among other places). Actually found some (relatively) cheap flights in January for Tahiti so we booked that but then ended up cancelling because of some COVID stuff (which will likely change by then but not taking the risk before knowing for sure). Back to drawing board but my heart got set on the yolo. I went to Cancun once in high school. That was the first time I ever left the country.
I’ll let you know. Staying at an all inclusive place. I prefer Hawaii and places where you can roam about and not get kidnapped. The kids prefer resort stuff… I’m sure it’ll be awesome but think this is a one time deal.

if there's anything I've learned about game 1 is we don't fear Dallas D. our guards can attack the rim. dm missed alot of shots he usually makes, once he got going he was pretty unstoppable. bertans, green, kleber, dinwiddie they can all be exposed. our guards are quick enough and creative enough to get pass them. Rudy might not score 10 points on this one but that's ok just focus more on d. I do think we need house or Juancho alongside him. surprising that we only attempted 7/22 3pt shots while Dallas had 9/32. maybe when we play at home were gonna make more of those.

I think Mitchell can score 40+ points with the same looks he got in Game 1. It's very likely that Mitchell looks at the tape of Game 1, works on a few things and has a better Game 2.

Defensively, we just need to cut back on our fouls, honestly.

I’ll let you know. Staying at an all inclusive place. I prefer Hawaii and places where you can roam about and not get kidnapped. The kids prefer resort stuff… I’m sure it’ll be awesome but think this is a one time deal.
Yeah I know you’d mentioned you do Hawaii a lot. It’s obviously the easiest default but I like the novelty of somewhere we’ve never been before. I know if we went to Mexico or Jamaica my wife would want to just do an all-inclusive if we took the kids but I like a bit more diversity and seeing local culture. We really like Puerto Rico and went there last year but got the itch for something new the next time we go somewhere. Our kids range from just about 14 to just about 4. Had the realization recently that the time is limited and won’t get it back so to do those experiences now rather than being too focused on long-term stuff.

Final score prediction: Jazz 109 - Mavs 95

Jazz take more 3s and make more 3s.
Mitchell attacks earlier and is more efficient overall.
Conley doesn't hesitate and scores more points.
Jazz cut down on their fouls and turnovers.
Jazz maintain a double-digit rebound advantage.

Last edited: