What's new

are other teams trying to scare the jazz into drafting schroder@14?

jennings if on a leash could be a valuable asset here, he can A) run a fast break, B) get steals C) Score and Shoot but most importantly , leave his defender in the dust, to initiate the offense 4 on 5... we can get and 1's all day...

he scored 55 points in his 10th game in the league, dont you think thats a bit unusual?

also hes a chucker, yes, but who knows what his coaches have asked him to do. he can pass the ball, hes ridiculously athletic, he shoots, and most importantly

he gets all the way to the rack. capable of circus shots and buzzer beaters outa nowhere

also when he gets going, its quite unstoppable, he does throw up "heat checks" i dont like that hes not a wing player, if hes going to not do that we can get him for a few years, thats a bargain in my book, also hes lefty so its a pain

he never played with a real post prescense in Milwaukee, i bet he likes throwing it to kanter and favors
To many "ifs" to spend the kind of money he's going to want.
.Can you get him to stop chucking
.Will he pass it to a post man? Can he?
.How many time will he shoot you out of a game instead of into it?
.If we are looking for circus shots and game winner's (or attempt) out of nowhere we already had that with Mo.
Bottom line he is going to be seriously overpaid and he's going to want a 4-5 year deal.
No Thanks.

jennings if on a leash could be a valuable asset here, he can A) run a fast break, B) get steals C) Score and Shoot but most importantly , leave his defender in the dust, to initiate the offense 4 on 5... we can get and 1's all day...

he scored 55 points in his 10th game in the league, dont you think thats a bit unusual?

Yes... it's so unusual he hasn't scored any near that again since.

Al Jefferson is a chucker and gets paid 15mil

if you dont factor rebounding into defense, theres not a single redeeming quality about Al's D

Jennings is not that bad on D, he gets steals. he should be more pesky

Jennings had 35 games of 25 points or more the past 2 seasons, Al had 23 in those 2seasons

2360 shots for jennings in those 2 seasons over a 1/3rd of whch are from 3
2284 shots for all jefferson in the past 2 seasons

im not saying we should give jennings jeffersons shots, just dont tell me hes a worse chucker than Al, who shoots a good % but doesnt get to the line..

Al in 2011-2012 shot 17 attempts in 34mpg

why?

You've just hit the nail on the head.

remember this with brandon jennings

hes got something to prove

compton kid like Damian Lillard

lillard is like 10 months younger than jennings

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_8YReaiO7M

are we gonna pretend like my idea of a 2 year deal with a 3rd year team option, to keep flexibility for signing john wall in 2014-2015 isnt a fantastic idea?
It's not realistic. So no reason to pretend. It's not a fantastic idea. And even if he did I would not want him.

Wow.. I think I just realized something. Your main problem is you live in the NBA 2K13 world where almost any trade is possible and signing free agents is a piece of cake. I'm too grounded in reality to get into this argument with you bro. Your ideas are just too fantastical for me.

How in the whole wide world do you think CP3 will sign with us? Can you pleaseeeeeeeeeeee enlighten me on that?

- Do we have a legit All Star to pair him with? No.

- Do we have a great young player who has proven to be a star in this league (i.e., Blake, Paul George, Curry,)? May be in 2 years' time, but now, no.

- Do we have a FO willing to spend up big to win (ala Lakers, DAL)? No.

- Do we provide him with tax benefits (ala HOU)? No.

And trading Jefferson & Millsap for Kyrie????????????

- What GM is going to be stupid enough to do that?

- Does the Cavs owner feel like losing $100mil of the team's evaluation overnight (ala when LeBron left)?

- ??? I mean what were you thinking???

May be I should start playing some NBA 2K13... it might take some stress off of being a JazzFanz.

Shame man, you don't read but only the parts of a sentence you want to to try and dog PG_AB. He said right after the Jeff/Millsap for Irving trade that there is no way Cleveland would do that.

Lucky he's cooled down since he first started here or you would of caught a rhetorical ending.

Wasting your fingers on typing too much stuff.

Shame man, you don't read but only the parts of a sentence you want to to try and dog PG_AB. He said right after the Jeff/Millsap for Irving trade that there is no way Cleveland would do that.

Lucky he's cooled down since he first started here or you would of caught a rhetorical ending.

Wasting your fingers on typing too much stuff.

Here's my idea.

Jefferson/Millsap for LeBron.

But of course Miami won't be interested.

whats your alternative???

draft rookies and pray?

i have a concise forward looking plan and you are critical of it

enlighten us on how you'd solve the PG dilemma?

Tank next season for Kasey Hill??? i love kasey hill but that is the one option i dont want to hear, because the jazz simply will not be that bad

Your plan to overplay poopy players sucks. Your plan to offer sign and trades of ufas is ridiculous. Your plan to entice the number 1 free agent point guard of the last ten years was unrealistic.

How about a plan that would work for the jazz? Don't spout off some crap about how we need to overpay to get guys like Jennings and jarret jack, or find guys on their way out of the league like aminu. Those guys suck. Lets hear about what we can actually do this year.

I would like to draft bazz, schroeder and gobert or giannis. Is it unrealistic? Maybe. My plan would involve absorbing salary for another late lotto pick, and hope we get lucky with a good player dropping to us. The next part of the plan would be to never, ever, under any circumstance, sign a knucklehead to a contract he does not deserve. If you want to win today, you have to get good value for the right guys. If we can't get a superstar through free agency, we keep building and looking for the right trade or draft move. Patience is key.

whats your alternative???

draft rookies and pray?

i have a concise forward looking plan and you are critical of it

enlighten us on how you'd solve the PG dilemma?

Tank next season for Kasey Hill??? i love kasey hill but that is the one option i dont want to hear, because the jazz simply will not be that bad
Sign Carrolle, and the 3 draft picks. Pick up a few 1-2 years vets to fill in the bench. Let the young core develop and learn to play together. With one of our picks there will be a pg available. Maybe sign Jack or Teague if you can get them at a reasonable deal (meaning MLE), for a reasonable amount of time (meaning 3 years max). We will not be contenders next year but we won't be terrible. Get an idea of what we need next year and roll with it.
Use the cap space at the trade deadline to take 1-2 year left on their contract vets (like Gasol or similar)and getting more picks. Preferably in next years draft.
Panicking now and signing guys just to sign them or overpaying bad teammate chuckers is absolutely the worst thing we can do this off season.
Your concise forward looking plan is exactly what we don't need and it's unrealistic to boot.

Sign Carrolle, and the 3 draft picks. Pick up a few 1-2 years vets to fill in the bench. Let the young core develop and learn to play together. With one of our picks there will be a pg available. Maybe sign Jack or Teague if you can get them at a reasonable deal (meaning MLE), for a reasonable amount of time (meaning 3 years max). We will not be contenders next year but we won't be terrible. Get an idea of what we need next year and roll with it.
Use the cap space at the trade deadline to take 1-2 year left on their contract vets (like Gasol or similar)and getting more picks. Preferably in next years draft.
Panicking now and signing guys just to sign them or overpaying bad teammate chuckers is absolutely the worst thing we can do this off season.
Your concise forward looking plan is exactly what we don't need and it's unrealistic to boot.

I'm leaning towards Will Bynum being one of the FA's we sign for next year. Thoughts?