What's new

Are the Jazz going to trade Rudy?

Tony Jones on the Athletic pod... there is a firm offer on the table... it likely comes down to the wire. Sounds like regular max is out there and that Rudy still waiting for something better but hasn't said no if that makes sense.

Tony Jones on the Athletic pod... there is a firm offer on the table... it likely comes down to the wire. Sounds like regular max is out there and that Rudy still waiting for something better but hasn't said no if that makes sense.

Rudy’s regular max is 5/190 because he falls into the 7-9 year range right? Someone please feel free to correct me if I’m wrong.

If he doesn’t sign by the 21st the max he could get during the season is 4/166.

The max he could get with a different team if he decided to leave next year is 4/141.

So essentially, the offer on the table is 5/190 and Rudy is maybe holding out hope for more but hasn’t said no to that offer either.

He would be foolish to leave 5/190 on the table (if that is what is on the table) and honestly that is more than what I would pay him.

Rudy’s regular max is 5/190 because he falls into the 7-9 year range right? Someone please feel free to correct me if I’m wrong.

The max he could get with a different team if he decided to leave next year is 4/141.

So essentially, the offer on the table is 5/190 and Rudy is maybe holding out hope for more but hasn’t said no to that offer either.

He would be foolish to leave 5/190 on the table (if that is what is on the table) and honestly that is more than what I would pay him.
I think its only a 5 year extension if he signs a supermax. DM is our designated vet. The super max can decline by up to 8% so very well could be 5/190 but the full super max is 5/228.

There is some wiggle room to do a supermax but actually have it be team friendly.

If it goes into the season we can offer 120% of current salary in an extension so 4/145... I think I might try to ink him to a supermax that declines and you could hit the middle ground of 5/175M. Creates a tax for next year but then we should avoid it going forward and the backend of the contract isn't as hard to swallow.

Most another team can offer is 4/141M like you had.

With Giannis signing Rudy moves up a rung in the FA rankings if he goes that route. Hopefully something gets done soon.

I think its only a 5 year extension if he signs a supermax. DM is our designated vet. The super max can decline by up to 8% so very well could be 5/190 but the full super max is 5/228.

There is some wiggle room to do a supermax but actually have it be team friendly.

If it goes into the season we can offer 120% of current salary in an extension so 4/145... I think I might try to ink him to a supermax that declines and you could hit the middle ground of 5/175M. Creates a tax for next year but then we should avoid it going forward and the backend of the contract isn't as hard to swallow.

Most another team can offer is 4/141M like you had.

Thank you for the clarification!

Would be a bad move to leave all that money on the table. I’d bet they do find some middle ground like you said. I would love a 5/150 deal but not sure how realistic that is. 5/175 would be about the most I’d be willing to do.

Would be a bad move to leave all that money on the table. I’d bet they do find some middle ground like you said. I would love a 5/150 deal but not sure how realistic that is. 5/175 would be about the most I’d be willing to do.
How can he afford food with that paltry money?

5 for 175M to 190M based on incentives isn't bad. Lowest it can be on a five year is 5/165M.