What's new

Are the Jazz going to trade Rudy?

Who said it was the exact spot? Maybe he would have been there at 38, who knows? They did it for a reason though and I'm guessing it was because they had a good idea that him or McDaniels would be there and that Hughes/Woodard would be there at 38.
I think it was a safe assumption and it’s smart to move back. I think they had their two targets and kinda new they could get em.

I’m just worried we go into the season saying we can rely on Hughes or Oni without great evidence and then your options get reallllllyyyy limited during the season.

We are likely in or out of the tax regardless of if we add one more minimum guy. So why scrimp on a couple million extra. One wing injury and we go from thin to kinda ****ed. When you invest 135M why risk the extra. Honestly just cutting NWG and adding someone with 2.5 or 2.7M of the bae would be a wise investment. You still have to do the big deal to get out of the tax and the 1M extra won’t matter then.

No, he "could" pay the bills for a long time. Here is the thing about rich people: They don't like to spend money, nor lose it. It is why they are rich.

He won't dip into his cash much...if at all. If anything, the Jazz's moves have shown this so far.
Ok. That's basically what I said. And he won't be dipping into his "own" cash at all. That was the point. They will use cash from the Jazz organization to fund any tax payments. The owners don't just write a check from their own bank accounts. It comes from the organization like any other functioning business.

People act like the owners will get out their personal wallet to fund this ****. That's not how it works. It's just that owners with net worth into the billions tend to view this more as a hobby and run it as such, willing to take something of a loss in the business to succeed on the court. Owners with "less" money view this as another business division and would be more risk-averse in how they manage the assets.

But the owners aren't using their personal wealth in these transactions at all. It still comes from the balance sheet of the business.

Yeah we’ve heard a little more certainty there though. I just think if you can avoid having it linger into camp both sides have incentive to make their final push and get it done. So if it doesn’t it’s because there is something big enough to hold it up. I thought it’d be fairly easy and it’d be 4 for 125-140m but if he wants supermax that’s 4/168 (though they could start high and decline to make it less absurd and say they gave Rudy the “supermax”)

It could be things other than the dollar number being negotiated. They could be close there but Rudy might not want any incentive bonuses and just want a straight guaranteed deal. There are a hundred points of negotiation in a contract, a lot of it depends on his agent. They might be changing verb tenses and even having meetings discussing what the definition of "is" is.

It could be things other than the dollar number being negotiated. They could be close there but Rudy might not want any incentive bonuses and just want a straight guaranteed deal. There are a hundred points of negotiation in a contract, a lot of it depends on his agent. They might be changing verb tenses and even having meetings discussing what the definition of "is" is.
Um. It's

If I'm Rudy, I don't take any incentives. I get my money, from Utah...or I go somewhere I can actually win a title, like Dallas, and get it there. Either way, I'm not working for this money, if I'm Rudy. I already did the work. I'm getting respect with this deal.

And honestly, if I'm Rudy and Utah doesn't give me what I want, I demand a trade. Just end it now and let both sides move on.

If I'm Rudy, I don't take any incentives. I get my money, from Utah...or I go somewhere I can actually win a title, like Dallas, and get it there. Either way, I'm not working for this money, if I'm Rudy. I already did the work. I'm getting respect with this deal.

And honestly, if I'm Rudy and Utah doesn't give me what I want, I demand a trade. Just end it now and let both sides move on.
Yeah it’s just tough to leave 140M on the table if they decide not to trade you. The injury risk is substantial.

If he won’t take a regular max deal I think they should move him. There has been good and bad things in the relationship but outside of the Covid issue we have really supported him in his development and tailored things to give him maximum impact. He’s done the work too and delivered but his next situation might not be perfectly suited to fit his game. It has some similarities to Hayward looking around and thinking the grass would be greener.

IDK but it feels like something weird is happening.

Imagine being Rudy and his agent negotiating against the Jazz brass. He’s the best player on the team by a mile, they treated him like **** during an unprecedented pandemic, and nobody takes a discount from the Jazz. Ever since the Jazz got burnt by lowballing Hayward, everyone gets a premium.

Favors (multiple times), Burks, Exum, Ingles, Bogdanovic, Clarkson, O’Neale...not saying all of these deals were bad. But none of them were cheap!

We have one of the worst negotiating FO’s in the league. If Rudy doesn’t get paid, his agent is terrible.

Did you see his stats at the community college level? I think there are guys on this site who are or were as good.
Well that would be fitting because there are also guys on this site who are or were as good as his dad.

Yeah it’s just tough to leave 140M on the table if they decide not to trade you. The injury risk is substantial.

If he won’t take a regular max deal I think they should move him. There has been good and bad things in the relationship but outside of the Covid issue we have really supported him in his development and tailored things to give him maximum impact. He’s done the work too and delivered but his next situation might not be perfectly suited to fit his game. It has some similarities to Hayward looking around and thinking the grass would be greener.

IDK but it feels like something weird is happening.
What max player has had their value hurt by an injury? And for 140M, I'd sit out. He will get paid. An injuries don't seem to hurt player's values...see my next paragraph.

As far as Hayward has gone...I don't think he regrets anything, do you? He got to go to Boston and play for the team he loved growing up. He got paid max money to do so. He got hurt and that was unfortunate, but nothing that would cause regret. Then, he wanted to have a bigger role in the offense, Boston said they didn't think that would happen, Hayward opted out and got another max deal. The grass might not have been greener for Hayward, but has been pretty damn green. Like a quarter of a billion dollars green. He is on pace to earn over 330 million dollars. I don't think anyone can say he's done anything wrong for himself.

What max player has had their value hurt by an injury? And for 140M, I'd sit out. He will get paid. An injuries don't seem to hurt player's values...see my next paragraph.

As far as Hayward has gone...I don't think he regrets anything, do you? He got to go to Boston and play for the team he loved growing up. He got paid max money to do so. He got hurt and that was unfortunate, but nothing that would cause regret. Then, he wanted to have a bigger role in the offense, Boston said they didn't think that would happen, Hayward opted out and got another max deal. The grass might not have been greener for Hayward, but has been pretty damn green. Like a quarter of a billion dollars green. He is on pace to earn over 330 million dollars. I don't think anyone can say he's done anything wrong for himself.
The first one that comes to mind is Isaiah Thomas.

So how much is he paying you for this tribute? If not, he should.