What's new

Are the Jazz Tanking the 2022-23 Season?

Are the Jazz in Tank mode or Win Now mode?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Unless more players get dealt we would still be good enough to not get a top-5 pick. Likely be in the 9-12 range.
wouldn't 9-12 be pretty good players in an all time great draft?
Plus you always have the lottery!

yup it's the worst case scenario.
Best case scenario is we keep donovan and build a roster around him that is built to tank with young prospects and picks and then donovan is better next year than we could ever imagine yet we barely miss the playoffs and then win the #1 pick in the lottery.
Also, the most unlikely scenario.

It takes a couple of months or longer to tear down a roster. I think it is a rebuild but we want to get the maximum value from our players, saying that we are in a rebuild hurts our efforts, and it will take a few months to do so.

Last edited:
I honestly have no idea, yes there’s evidence that maybe we are, but it’s possible Kevin Durant and the nets and the Rudy trade have thrown a musky wrench into the entire process

We have too much talent to tank. Ainge and JZ would have to trade more pieces for picks in order for us to suck. We still have DM, Conley JC, Bogie and now Beverley. We'll find a center (we ought to sign Whiteside for cheap as he's been good) and we still have depth including some new depth (Beverley and Vanderbilt are going to be loved by Jazz fans).

We have too much talent to tank. Ainge and JZ would have to trade more pieces for picks in order for us to suck. We still have DM, Conley JC, Bogie and now Beverley. We'll find a center (we ought to sign Whiteside for cheap as he's been good) and we still have depth including some new depth (Beverley and Vanderbilt are going to be loved by Jazz fans).
We have enough talent to win 35 games if completely healthy. Don will be traded at the deadline at the latest. You don't have to tank out the gate to be in the bottom 5

We have enough talent to win 35 games if completely healthy. Don will be traded at the deadline at the latest. You don't have to tank out the gate to be in the bottom 5
You think Ryan trades him a couple weeks before the AS game?

We have enough talent to be a .500 team.

Rudy and Royce are better than Beverley, Beasley, Vanderbilt nd a rookie for sure, but we aren't going to lose 20 more games than last year just with that change. Also add in that Rudy Gay should actually be used this year.

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app

I think probably 28 and Jazz lose a lot. West is stacked. Empty stats alone won't get you in.

Mitchell has basically been the last one in every year

I know he was in as a replacement but Dejounte got in on a team that ended up with 34 wins. It’s not impossible.

I know he was in as a replacement but Dejounte got in on a team that ended up with 34 wins. It’s not impossible.
Sure, not impossible, but he isn't going to make it. Anthony Edwards will likely replace as be now has the Gobert boost Mitchell benefited from. KD might come West so that's another spot gone.