What's new

Are there people still calling this a "hot streak"?

HermanG

What we all once dubbed as a "hot streak" has now gone beyond being a streak. In the last 24 games:
  • Our record is 17-7, which gives a win pct of .708
  • Out of those 24 games, we have played 10 at home and 14 on the road
  • Out of those games, 13 are against above .500 teams and 11 against sub .500 teams
  • From Dec 14th, our offense ranks 7th in ORtg, our defense ranks 14th in DRtg, and our net rating is 8th best in the NBA
Also the reason its not just a streak and it never was is that there are CLEAR reasons why the turnaround happened. Two things happened: We found our rotations and we started playing more zone defense schemes, which just fit our group better.

Will we run all the way through our schedule as a .700 team? I would say thats unlikely.
Will we be able to catch and hang with the .550-.600 group at some point? For sure... I mean we are just few games away from them as it is.

Are you still thinking this is a streak, or are we actually a playoff team?

What we all once dubbed as a "hot streak" has now gone beyond being a streak. In the last 24 games:
  • Out of those games, 13 are against above .500 teams and 11 against sub .500 teams
  • From Dec 14th, our offense ranks 7th in ORtg, our defense ranks 14th in DRtg, and our net rating is 8th best in the NBA
Also the reason its not just a streak and it never was is that there are CLEAR reasons why the turnaround happened. Two things happened: We found our rotations and we started playing more zone defense schemes, which just fit our group better.

Will we run all the way through our schedule as a .700 team? I would say thats unlikely.
Will we be able to catch and hang with the .550-.600 group at some point? For sure... I mean we are just few games away from them as it is.

"But but but we've faced a lot of teams without their stars!!!!"

"Do we really want a first round exit????"

"Something something picks!!"

We're a playoff team. We've still played more away games than most and we're solid at home. We need to play well and not try to sneak in. If we don't implode and play like **** I can see us finishing with the 6th-8th seed. It'll be great for our guys to get some playoff experience. We don't need to tank for this weak-*** draft.

Great post. I always knew this was a playoff time. Before the season started I thought we would be a 6 or 7 seed.
I think we will be a 5 seed now

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk

Great post. I always knew this was a playoff time. Before the season started I thought we would be a 6 or 7 seed.
I think we will be a 5 seed now

Thanks.

Suns are heating up so the 5th might be tough to achieve. I predicted 6th before the season and I still think thats possible even with the crappy start we had.

But there are also surefire buyers around us and I'm not sure which way DA pivots.

IDK if the Jazz broadcast mentioned it, but the Charlotte guys said Utah is on a historical streak of 120+ point games in a row. Forgot what the number was and where it ranked, but pretty sure the Jazz were at like 6th most 120+ point games in a row of all time currently.

Simple but boring answer, the Jazz weren't as bad as they at the beginning and they aren't as good as they have been. With Lauri in the lineup, we're probably a top 10 offense but this team is still very bad defensively. I don't see that improving, the personnel is too bad and while the zone is a nice touch I don't think Hardy is a defensive mastermind. I think our record represents us fairly. We're a .500ish team. Will be in the play in race unless DA decides to punt and trade players to the competitors again.

IDK if the Jazz broadcast mentioned it, but the Charlotte guys said Utah is on a historical streak of 120+ point games in a row. Forgot what the number was and where it ranked, but pretty sure the Jazz were at like 6th most 120+ point games in a row of all time currently.
Could have sworn they said the record is 12 and we are now at 11 currently.

Ya I think we have 10 or 11 games in a row over 120. I think the record is 13

It's crazy that our offense is that good with the two worst offensive players in the league getting a lot of minutes

Ya I think we have 10 or 11 games in a row over 120. I think the record is 13

It's crazy that our offense is that good with the two worst offensive players in the league getting a lot of minutes
I'm just surprised that's the record with how high scoring has been trending so much the last decade.

I'm just surprised that's the record with how high scoring has been trending so much the last decade.
Ya I kind of thought the kings or pacers would have more.
Or those offensively great splash brothers warriors teams