What's new

Are we as good as we thought after our road trip?

I was going to make a thread about this.

All the perimeter passing that we do just runs the clock down and makes us play super slow.

I want to see us get shots up earlier in the shot clock and when we have a chance at getting to the rim in transition I want us to go for it rather than pull it back out and set up the half court offense

Learning the proper back cuts and ball screens doesn't happen in the first month of the first real season of everybody finally playing in their proper roles. Part of the reason for lethargy is that Quinn is likely working the players hard in practice. Teams with experience and chemistry with one another don't really drill that much during the season. Couple that up with a pretty heavy schedule and it is going to lead to players getting tired both physically and mentally. Playing proper defense will take the players getting used to their opponents by playing them multiple times, so that probably won't be where we want it for a couple of seasons.

Everyone should chill... It sucks to lose, but I really didn't expect to win this one going into it... Davis was amazing. If he is playing like that most teams wont be able to beat them.

I do agree on the offense going through the motions a bit. I think part of the reason is our bigs aren't great passers and they are handling the ball a lot above the elbow. I'd like to see favors drive from that position more... Would make his defender back off a bit and allow him not to just hand off to the guards.

I was going to make a thread about this.

All the perimeter passing that we do just runs the clock down and makes us play super slow.

I want to see us get shots up earlier in the shot clock and when we have a chance at getting to the rim in transition I want us to go for it rather than pull it back out and set up the half court offense

To date, opponents have attempted 89 more FG's than Utah. That is only partially offset by FT's attempted. Our shooting percentages are about equal to our opponents. But when we lose, it usually comes down to turnovers and giving up offensive rebounds.

we need to reduce turnover and eliminate offensive rebound. I think it can be done

It's not about losing. It's about effort. We are getting blown the **** out. Then when we finally "wake up" we can pretty much hang with almost any team. This is not about basketball, this is about attitude and pride. Can anyone make an excuse as to why we are performing the way we are lately?

Because we're young and inconsistent. Good grief, it's not that hard. Every team in the NBA(well, not Philly) can play well for a stretch. It's not just about deciding to "wake up."

Trey is not a pace PG.

For all of Snyder's talk of sitting players who don't do what he wants, I've only seen it selectively. Trey is crap defensively, crap shooting, crap at driving, crap at drawing fouls, and crap at tempo.

Kanter is a 20/10 player per 36, with the third best PER at 18.43 on the team, but he's only played 20 mins per game these last 5 games. Yes he has his faults, but see above. It's not like we don't have Dante, Alec, Hayward, and Ingles who can initiate the offense. Why is Trey allowed to play like ***, and yet be untouchable. Really dislike the greenlight Trey's had since being drafted. Every other lotto pick on our team has had to earn every minute. I don't care that Trey scored 20 pts last night, we still lost.

Despite the frustrations I have w/ selectiveness and too much passing leading to late shot clocks, this has been a lot more enjoyable than the past two seasons.

It's called 82 games and learning who and what the **** your team is.
It's called being one of the youngest teams in the NBA, and still being able to win.
It's being called not being Philadelphia.
It's being called not being a beefed up Cleveland team and still possessing about the same record.
It's called growing pains.
It's called a new coach in the NBA figuring out his team.

We're going to go through rough stretches, but Im not sweating it. You have to find an identity in this league, and I think we are many steps ahead of where we were with Tyrone Corbin.

We've lost games to legitimate teams, and I believe we were on a back to back. Lets not forget, we just came off of a rough road stretch and we came out with a couple of W's in that time.

I think we need to chill, we haven't even been 20 games into the season and we're labeling a 5-8 team "terrible"? Lol, girl, bye.

Voice of reason post- repped.
Its still very early days, we have a new coach with a new plan and Gordons been ill, Hoods injured- we will only get better if I remember correctly I suggested we win 38 wins, that is still very much a possibility. The sky isn't falling yet we all need to get a grip here

The Jazz are still evaluating personnel. They're a 30-34 win team, imo. Their wins have been against mostly bad teams, but their losses have been against good teams, playoff teams. If we lose to the Lakers or Sixers, or get blown out by the Magic, then maybe we can complain.

Nevermind, this has all been said before.