What's new

Are we just not a very good team?

Because everyone has a scorer's mentality--Mitchell, Conley, Clarkson, Bogey, even Niang. Everyone wants the ball and wants to shoot. They're getting in each other's way a bit. Then Rudy will complain that he's not getting enough touches. We've been here already.

The Jazz probably need to trade both Davis and Niang for a defensive player.
Yeah,I got feeling we need 1 more basketball in game, Clarkson shooting 1 ball per min and when he's hot it's looking pretty good,but if not we gonna have problems.

Name 1 player that's better with Conley on the floor. You can't cause he brings DOWN the team.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

The Jazz are a flawed team and the NBA has a lot of other talented teams. Yes the Jazz are good but not great and unless they make some changes to the roster we may never get to expected level that we hoped to achieve.

Defense and rebound are the main problems. Passing is a problem too. Sometimes the Jazz play selfishly and don't make good passes and other times they over pass both result in too many turnovers.

There are times when the Jazz play soft. Many teams have figure out to press the Jazz out to the 3pt line and physically manhandle them and the Jazz wilt most of the time.

The Jazz are a top 10 team in the NBA. Whether that's "very good" or not is up to interpretation.

I think they will end the year as a top 4 team in the West. Is that very good? I don't know. I don't think they'll win a title this year, but this is the first year in like 10 where I've thought them winning a title is at least plausible.

Name 1 player that's better with Conley on the floor. You can't cause he brings DOWN the team.

Sadly I think this may be true. It's not Conley's fault, I think he's doing the best he can, but he's just a poor fit on this team.

Sadly I think this may be true. It's not Conley's fault, I think he's doing the best he can, but he's just a poor fit on this team.
So true. Mudiay is not as good a player but a better fit, and he has upside being young, the same age as Donovan. We should invest in him in the future and move on from Conley, who is on the decline. The problem though is moving him. Does anyone have any ideas how we could do this before the deadline? It seems impossible, and if we can't, then what? Should we start him, relegate him to spot duty, bench him and go with Mudiay?

They have never had a top top draft pick to build around that I can remember. The closest they ever got was Kanter and Exum. To build teams that make the playoffs around guys picked 15th or 28th and other team's castoffs is impressive. If they can stay at least a 5th seed and get psyched up for the playoffs, I would count that as a pretty good season. Once they are in the playoffs, you never know, miracles happen.

We’re a soft team that shoots a ton of 3s. When those shots are going in, we’re able to set up our defense and control the tempo. When those shots aren’t going, then teams outrun us and get easy shots.

personally, if I were a team, I’d go small and exploit Bogie and Jingles defensively. I’d also play a smaller but strong defender on Gobert to stop the lob. Gobert seems to struggle posting up against small but physical defenders. Once the lob is stopped, we become one dimensional. Run us off the 3 point line and collect the bricks/turnovers and turn them into run outs.

we need to desperately upgrade the 4/5 spot and get more athletic. I don’t know how you fix our toughness issue since we traded our two toughest players away over the summer.

I’ve said for weeks our defense is about average. We’ve slipped to 10th in defensive efficiency and I expect us to slip to 12th or so in the coming weeks. There is absolutely nothing special about it outside of Rudy.

Here’s the biggest problem as I see it. Royce should probably start and certainly close. He’s our best perimeter defender in a league that plays small ball and not having him on the court when it matters most is bad. It is a major problem. Rudy, O’Neale and Mitchell absolutely should be closing games. Ingles and Bogey should be the others imo. It just makes too much sense from an offensive, defensive and chemistry standpoint, no matter how much money we pay Mike.

If the guy wants to truly win that badly, he’d suck it up and volunteer to come off the bench. If he wants to have his ego stroked, we need to ship his *** out this summer.
This summer? Try in the next few days.

The Jazz are a top 10 team in the NBA. Whether that's "very good" or not is up to interpretation.

I think they will end the year as a top 4 team in the West. Is that very good? I don't know. I don't think they'll win a title this year, but this is the first year in like 10 where I've thought them winning a title is at least plausible.
it'd be more than just "plausible" if we didn't do the conley trade. our window is really this season cuz warriors gonna come back to full strength next season and KD will make nets a very good team also. it's gonna be tougher to win a title next season

Two of the teams we lost too are bad teams.

We're fine. We're just in a defensive funk. Our last 4 games have all rated out as amongst our worst defensively all season.

We'll figure it out and we'll be fine. All teams go through stretches like this over a long season.

We are legit. Relax peeps.

Last edited: