Votes: 19 21.8%
  • No

Votes: 47 54.0%
  • Yes, if we shake things up

Votes: 17 19.5%
  • Don't care/wait and see

Votes: 4 4.6%

• Total voters
There are some things he does that just seem so obvious… Trent ain’t it… you have NAW or JB and you ride Forrest. It’s far from our biggest problem but it’s such an obvious switch to flip.

Also if we have a small ball lineup it has to have Rudy Gay… he’s by far our best non center rebounder and can on occasion affect shots at the rim. It’s ****ing wild that the front court of Juan and Eric gets thrown out there when Eric is a piss poor rebounder. This is such an easy fix. This is one of the two reasons Rudy was brought in… to help us have some sort of small ball look and to help us size up with Gobert when we need to.

Sometimes I think Quin is too into the details to see obvious **** he should change.
I know Butler is still making mistakes and obviously learning, but the talent and potential gap between him and Forrest is huge. Just a travesty we haven't been giving JB more burn, He could be so much further along if he had been getting even just half of Forrest's minutes. And I wager it could have been the difference in a game or 2. Yeah, not the biggest problem, but one with a fix that could have real upside for us in the playoffs.

I know Butler is still making mistakes and obviously learning, but the talent and potential gap between him and Forrest is huge. Just a travesty we haven't been giving JB more burn, He could be so much further along if he had been getting even just half of Forrest's minutes. And I wager it could have been the difference in a game or 2. Yeah, not the biggest problem, but one with a fix that could have real upside for us in the playoffs.
It’s wild how the two are viewed. Forrest as some steady win now guy and JB as this wild card that makes so many mistakes that you can’t have him out there or you surely lose. Forrest turns the ball over without threatening the defense at all. Trent’s defense last night outside of the steal was garbage. Gave Ball a runway on a few drives and he looks like he has graduated from The Royce O Neal school of getting stuck on every screen. NAW is not a good defender imo but he’s better at navigating screens and can shoot from the corners a little. JB can break down the defense which somehow he gets penalized for being a “ball stopper”. I watched a lot of drives to nowhere last night… JB at least drives with some intention… his passing is also pretty damn good.

I’m ready for a change at coach.

Rudy Gay shot 1/14 (7%) in the Jazz's last two games. He was 0-for-6 against Boston, and his 1-for-8 performance against Charlotte could have changed the outcome of the game.

That should be setting off alarms.

Last edited:
Rudy Gay shot 1/14 (7%) in the Jazz's last two games. He was 0-for-6 against Boston, and his 1-for-8 performance against Charlotte could have changed the outcome of the game.

That should be setting off alarms.
It gets worse when you compare him against the alternatives (EP and Hernangomez)

Hernangomez needs minutes. Periodt.

I think Hernangomez should be the new Georges Niang, at a minimum. I could even make an argument for starting him ahead of O'Neale. Royce hasn't been rebounding like he did last year, and the Jazz really need that.

Hernangomez is shooting over 38% on his 3s with the Jazz so far, and his size makes a difference defensively.

Snyder is going to have to find a way to not play Gay during the playoffs. His contract is a total ****ing disaster. You figured he'd be washed in year three and you were getting at least one good year out of him. But if it's this bad now, I don't know what we're going to do.

Well, I do: don't ****ing play him. We are much better when he sits. I know this is political, I even get why he can't just do it now and he has to let it play out a bit, but come playoff time we really can't afford to have him out there. This team has enough issues as it is.

I think Hernangomez should be the new Georges Niang, at a minimum. I could even make an argument for starting him ahead of O'Neale. Royce hasn't been rebounding like he did last year, and the Jazz really need that.

Hernangomez is shooting over 38% on his 3s with the Jazz so far, and his size makes a difference defensively.
he's bigger and longer than Royce. better rebounder and shot blocker and can steal too. looks a little quicker and can also dribble.

so what are we waiting for?

I think I'm going to start referring to Trent Forrest as "Trent Scoreless." He's a 3rd-string, emergency rotation player. Forrest was held scoreless in his last 2 games, going 0-for-4 in a combined 28 minutes. He also only recorded 1 rebound total in those games despite being a big, physical guard.

I understand that the Jazz have invested 2 seasons in getting Trent up to speed with the Jazz's system, but I'd be pretty miffed if I were NAW to see this undrafted, 2-way guy who can't shoot taking my minutes.

Last edited:
I think I'm going to start referring to Trent Forrest as "Trent Scoreless." He's a 3rd-string, emergency rotation player.

Forrest was held scoreless in his last 2 games, going 0-for-4 in a combined 28 minutes. He also only recorded 1 rebound total in those games despite being a big, physical guard.
Forrest averages 9 points per 36. Butler averages 17 per 36. Rebounds are about the same. Assists favor butler a bit. Field goal percentage goes to forrest and 3 point percentage goes to butler big time.

Forrest averages 9 points per 36. Butler averages 17 per 36. Rebounds are about the same. Assists favor butler a bit. Field goal percentage goes to forrest and 3 point percentage goes to butler big time.

Nickeil started against the Bulls and put up 16/4 with 2 stls, including 3/5 from 3pt. He followed that up with 13/4/5 against the Clippers with 2/6 from 3pt. Both games were solid wins.

Then he had a bad game against the Knicks and he's never been heard from again. NAW is one of the few players we have who can put the ball down and attack a switch. Jazz are going to need that.

Watching the tribute to Stockton on NBA 75 ( NBA channel) and thinking that we don’t have anybody as tough and committed as he and Malone were. (Should be title holders if Bavetta and the boys had called it straight IMO). The kind of physical abuse that those guys endured night in and night out is way beyond anything we have currently. Course that hard nosed attitude starts with the coach and nobody was tougher than Sloan. OTOH Snyder looks good in a suit.

May as well make the playoffs. What’s the point of missing them? We don’t have our pick, and missing them probably makes Mitchell at the very least wonder about if it’s best for him to leave. I want him feeling as good as possible about what the jazz are doing. Also, can we even miss the playoffs. Even if we had our pick, missing the playoffs is dumb and has no bearing to making us better unless there’s another Karl Malone around the 13th-14th picks. And I doubt that.
My only reason for wanting them to miss the playoffs is to avoid the fan-suffering of watching them lose to a 5-out team. Draft picks and future good of the team never factored in. :D

I am so ready for a new youth movement. I’d much rather watch NAW and Butler develop then watch this faux contender team another year. NBA fandom is fun for reasons beyond the actual basketball. The team building aspect through draft, trades, etc. is honestly just as fun as the actual basketball for me. This current team has been built with only minor changes for a damn long time.

Like a kid that’s had the same LEGO set built for three years, I’m ready to wreck this and watch the Jazz build something else.

I cannot be alone in this, right? More than just the toxic culture and underachieving, I’m just generally ****ing bored of watching this particular roster try to get over the hump. I’ve got like one playoffs-worth of interest left here and then I need a new toy.