What's new

Are we still flying "under the radar"? Is that good for the Jazz?

thebrazilianzz

I try to follow the Jazz the best I can with a 4 hours ahead time difference, and one thing I have noticed is that even with a 11 game winning streak and an NBA best record, we're not being that much of a contender by media and other fans.

Is that a reality for you guys in the US? I try to follow american news about the NBA, and have not heard much about the Jazz.

I actually like this, because I feel that the Jazz, especially Rudy play better with a chip on the shoulder.

The Jazz will always "fly under the radar" until this particular group of guys makes some noise in the playoff.

We lost bad to the Nets and haven't played the Lakers. We also lost to the Knicks. Might've been worn out by the Nets. Home game wins against noncontenders...... yah, we really look great.

Not sure about Donovan Mitchell for a while, a big man with a bad back.....

But impressive play nevertheless.

If we are still impressive in the Nuggets game, I'll raise my impression a notch. It's gonna be a test.

I honestly think think that if the Jazz went undefeated for the rest of the year, no Jazz players would be listed in the "top 10 players" category, there would still be sportswriters trying to give the COY to Doc Rivers, and we would still be considered in the same tier as Dallas as playoff contenders.

Then I realized that not only do most of these sport "talking heads" don't watch Jazz games, they likely only watch maybe one game a week unless they are employed by an NBA club to specifically watch games.

We lost bad to the Nets and haven't played the Lakers. We also lost to the Knicks. Might've been worn out by the Nets. Home game wins against noncontenders...... yah, we really look great.

Not sure about Donovan Mitchell for a while, a big man with a bad back.....

But impressive play nevertheless.

If we are still impressive in the Nuggets game, I'll raise my impression a notch. It's gonna be a test.
Beat the trailblazers by 20 on the road (playoff team)
beat the clippers by 6 (contenders)
beat the bucks on the road by 13 (contenders)
Beat the nuggets on the road by 4 (playoff team who was in the conference finals last year so also a contender)

To name a few
P.S. the knicks are currently a playoff team and though we lost to them once we also beat the knicks by 14.

lakers lost to the pistons, warriors, blazers, clippers, spurs, and 76ers. only beat one contender (the bucks)
Clippers lost to the mavs, jazz, spurs, warriors and hawks. Only beat one contender (lakers) in the opening game of the season.

Jazz have the best record in the nba AND the best resume AND best point differential AND best road record.

Last edited:
Beat the trailblazers by 20 on the road (playoff team)
beat the clippers by 6 (contenders)
beat the bucks on the road by 13 (contenders)
Beat the nuggets on the road by 4 (playoff team who was in the conference finals last year so also a contender)

To name a few
Haha I was going to say the same. Way to cherry pick and then leave others off that hurt your point.

For having the best record in the NBA, they are still shockingly flying under the radar. Everyone has still penciled the Lakers or Clippers in the Finals from the West.

For having the best record in the NBA, they are still shockingly flying under the radar. Everyone has still penciled the Lakers or Clippers in the Finals from the West.
Remember when they used to have those commercials where they’d sell some VHS set of whoever won the title, “call now to get this limited-time story of the journey of the _____.”? Well, they’ll be selling, “call now to see the story of the Los Angeles Lakers’ dominant WCF run.”

Jazz will continue to fly under the radar and get disrespected until they truly show everyone that they are not pretenders when the playoffs comes around. They have to reach the western finals at least, for them to be taken seriously. If they get ousted again this year in the first rd, I'm going to start calling them Utah Pretenders.

Jazz will continue to fly under the radar and get disrespected until they truly show everyone that they are not pretenders when the playoffs comes around. They have to reach the western finals at least, for them to be taken seriously. If they get ousted again this year in the first rd, I'm going to start calling them Utah Pretenders.
Oh, go to Hell, Swampy.

It would be better to not fly under the radar. We want the better players in the league to want to be here. They won’t want to if they don’t see us as an attractive destination.

We are getting plenty of pub but let's not get ahead of ourselves. The streets are littered with teams in every sport that looked great early in the season and didn't get it done. Happens all the time. Great to see how we are playing but a lot left to prove.