What's new

Arizona lawmaker refers to Obama as 'De Fuhrer' on Facebook

Wow at least get the german right. It isn't that hard to google it before posting. Moran.

I'm getting pretty sick of this at this point. This has been going on for 5 years.

and you wonder what is wrong with our country?

Like many Republican lawmakers, Brenda Barton is furious that the federal government shutdown has forced the closure of national parks.

Barton, an Arizona state representative, took to Facebook to express her fury in a series of status updates Monday. In one, she compared President Barack Obama to Adolf Hitler.

"Someone is paying the National Park Service thugs overtime for their efforts to carry out the order of De Fuhrer," Barton wrote. "[W]here are our Constitutional Sheriffs who can revoke the Park Service Rangers authority to arrest??? Do we have any Sheriffs with a pair?"

Fuhrer, the German term for leader, is most often associated with Hitler.

"While the POTUS continues to punish the American people," Barton continued, "he keeps open his golf course, he keeps open Camp David, and he retains his and his wife's excessive staff and stable of Czars! I'll bet he has kept in service his 3 food tasters!!!"

"The Chief Executive is acting as an Imperial President," she added, "without regard to his citizens, only caring about his agenda. With all the exemptions he has unilaterally bestowed on many interest groups, could he not delay the ACA Individual Mandate for a single year? Without regard for the elected House of Representatives. What do you call that?"

But it was the comparison to Hitler that drew criticism from many, including Arizona House Democrats.

"You owe an apology to the President, and Arizona for embarrassing us," Rep. Ruben Gallego wrote on Twitter. "You [are] potentially creating problems for many government employees. [W]hat you are saying is completely incorrect and illegal."

In an interview with the Arizona Capitol Times, Barton stood by the comparison.

“He’s dictating beyond his authority,” she said of Obama. “It’s not just the death camps. (Hitler) started in the communities, with national health care and gun control. You better read your history. Germany started with national health care and gun control before any of that other stuff happened. And Hitler was elected by a majority of people."

“It got your attention,” she added. “[President Obama is] doing something controversial. It’s not controversial that I’m criticizing him. I don’t think that’s controversial at all.”

Barton wasn't the only politician to connect the United States to the Third Reich.

In an interview with RT Spanish’ Entrevista, Ecuadoran President Rafael Correa compared American exceptionalism under Obama to Nazi Germany.

“Does not this remind you of the Nazis’ rhetoric before and during World War II?" Correa said. "They considered themselves the chosen race, the superior race, etc. Such words and ideas pose extreme danger."

This is what happens when you combine limitless stupidity, blind rage, and a free, easily accessible, semi-anonymous public forum.

I'm getting pretty sick of this at this point. This has been going on for 5 years.

and you wonder what is wrong with our country?

Like many Republican lawmakers, Brenda Barton is furious that the federal government shutdown has forced the closure of national parks.

Barton, an Arizona state representative, took to Facebook to express her fury in a series of status updates Monday. In one, she compared President Barack Obama to Adolf Hitler.

"Someone is paying the National Park Service thugs overtime for their efforts to carry out the order of De Fuhrer," Barton wrote. "[W]here are our Constitutional Sheriffs who can revoke the Park Service Rangers authority to arrest??? Do we have any Sheriffs with a pair?"

Fuhrer, the German term for leader, is most often associated with Hitler.

"While the POTUS continues to punish the American people," Barton continued, "he keeps open his golf course, he keeps open Camp David, and he retains his and his wife's excessive staff and stable of Czars! I'll bet he has kept in service his 3 food tasters!!!"

"The Chief Executive is acting as an Imperial President," she added, "without regard to his citizens, only caring about his agenda. With all the exemptions he has unilaterally bestowed on many interest groups, could he not delay the ACA Individual Mandate for a single year? Without regard for the elected House of Representatives. What do you call that?"

But it was the comparison to Hitler that drew criticism from many, including Arizona House Democrats.

"You owe an apology to the President, and Arizona for embarrassing us," Rep. Ruben Gallego wrote on Twitter. "You [are] potentially creating problems for many government employees. [W]hat you are saying is completely incorrect and illegal."

In an interview with the Arizona Capitol Times, Barton stood by the comparison.

“He’s dictating beyond his authority,” she said of Obama. “It’s not just the death camps. (Hitler) started in the communities, with national health care and gun control. You better read your history. Germany started with national health care and gun control before any of that other stuff happened. And Hitler was elected by a majority of people."

“It got your attention,” she added. “[President Obama is] doing something controversial. It’s not controversial that I’m criticizing him. I don’t think that’s controversial at all.”

Barton wasn't the only politician to connect the United States to the Third Reich.

In an interview with RT Spanish’ Entrevista, Ecuadoran President Rafael Correa compared American exceptionalism under Obama to Nazi Germany.

“Does not this remind you of the Nazis’ rhetoric before and during World War II?" Correa said. "They considered themselves the chosen race, the superior race, etc. Such words and ideas pose extreme danger."

The moment I hear anyone start talking about Obama's vacations and WH staff I immediately label them a Tea Bagger and disregard everything they say as babbling fanaticism. That and being from Arizona or Florida is grounds for disregarding.

The moment I hear anyone start talking about Obama's vacations and WH staff I immediately label them a Tea Bagger and disregard everything they say as babbling fanaticism. That and being from Arizona or Florida is grounds for disregarding.

Why does he and his wife have such a huge staff? Does she need 28 assistants or whatever? Does he need even 1 food taster, let alone 3? Out of control, the guy is seriously out of control.

Why does he and his wife have such a huge staff? Does she need 28 assistants or whatever? Does he need even 1 food taster, let alone 3? Out of control, the guy is seriously out of control.

Can't he play like 3 rounds of golf instead of 9 pr 18?!! The nerve!

This interests me. Can you like me to some source that compares the "size of his staff" to previous administrations? I'm thinking it's just more political myth than anything.

I would get 3 Dread Pirate Roberts to infiltrate and become official "food testers", then break out the iocaine powder. Food tester schmester

This interests me. Can you like me to some source that compares the "size of his staff" to previous administrations? I'm thinking it's just more political myth than anything.

It's a tarp Log..... I am warning you, do not google the size of obama's staff.
Whatever you do, do not do that.

Also, do not provide a link of your findings.

YWIA

Don't know and don't care. I have more important things to worry about than building political crutches to lean on every time Obama tries to work with congress. People who resort to crutches aren't rational and don't say anything pertinent or insightful.

Yeah, if it ridiculous compared to the last 4-5 presidents then there may be a point here. If it is about the same size then it's a non-issue as far as party rhetoric goes.

Ah, I didn't realize you were joking because I didn't see you got this from the crazy Arizona lady ("I'll bet he has kept in service his 3 food tasters!!!"). Like I said, I quit reading right after WH staff was brought up. An Arizonan is lucky I made it that far.

It's a tarp Log..... I am warning you, do not google the size of obama's staff.
Whatever you do, do not do that.

Also, do not provide a link of your findings.

YWIA

Too late. I am preparing the spoon to dig out my own eyes.

Ah, I didn't realize you were joking because I didn't see you got this from the crazy Arizona lady ("I'll bet he has kept in service his 3 food tasters!!!"). Like I said, I quit reading right after WH staff was brought up. An Arizonan is lucky I made it that far.

Yeah all these rational people derailed my attempt at a troll. I'm not very good at it.

But seriously why does the first lady need such a huge staff (phallus jokes aside)? Hillary had like 19, Laura Bush 18, Michelle Obama 24 or something. What in the world can they possibly be doing?

It's beyond dismaying that partisan bickering has become more important than serving the American people.

But seriously why does the first lady need such a huge staff (phallus jokes aside)? Hillary had like 19, Laura Bush 18, Michelle Obama 24 or something. What in the world can they possibly be doing?

It's because generation by generation people become lazier and lazier, and it takes more people to get stuff done. Think of it as inflation.