What's new

Arkansas Republican: Slavery Was a Blessing For Black People

If you've spent any time living in the South, you'd know that this opinion is not as uncommon as you'd like to believe.

If you've spent any time living in the South, you'd know that this opinion is not as uncommon as you'd like to believe.

Unfortunatly yes. The problem is that it is just as bad on all sides.

I can't say I disagree. The feeling of black people living in these times, in this country, is far better than living in African poverty. They fail to realize, though, that slavery was not necessary in order to have blacks in America.

I can't say I disagree. The feeling of black people living in these times, in this country, is far better than living in African poverty. They fail to realize, though, that slavery was not necessary in order to have blacks in America.

There's also a nice Christian twist you hear in some of the moutainous areas of North Carolina, and in religious school hubs like Lynchburg and Greenville: that slavery was the key to making sure generations of children from the slaves were ultimately saved.

Seriously, I didn't even bat an eye when I saw the thread title. Didn't surprise me a bit that you could be a politician in Arkansas and get away with that. The region is truly nearly a century behind places like New York or San Francisco culturally. You can go for that line of argument in polite society there without fear of excoriation.

There's also a nice Christian twist you hear in some of the moutainous areas of North Carolina, and in religious school hubs like Lynchburg and Greenville: that slavery was the key to making sure generations of children from the slaves were ultimately saved.

Seriously, I didn't even bat an eye when I saw the thread title. Didn't surprise me a bit that you could be a politician in Arkansas and get away with that. The region is truly nearly a century behind places like New York or San Francisco culturally. You can go for that line of argument in polite society there without fear of excoriation.

Do you think there is anything the black communities can do to reverse this racism? It is deep seated but there is also a foundation underneath it. There are serious issues plaguing black communities & few if any solutions to longstanding, chronic problems. I can only assume the truly racist communities harbor very similar issues, plus this propensity for cousin ****ing. But stereotyping them like I just did is completely accepted by society.

*Removed by Moderator*

I'm for free speech, but I draw the line on serious advocacy of white supremecist materials on boards I moderate.

-Sirkickyass

Last edited by a moderator:
*Removed by Moderator*

I'm for free speech, but I draw the line on serious advocacy of white supremecist materials on boards I moderate.

-Sirkickyass

Free speech means protecting all speech whether you agree with it and whether it is popular or not. We all know you liberals HATE the first ammendment. You are a pathetic joke for removing my post.

For anybody who didn't see my post, I destroyed the gulity white liberals in this topic and the one with power got all upset and removed my post.

I'll say it again. Do third world countries have food stamps, SSI, welfare, earned income tax credits, temporary assistance for needy families, Medicaid, housing/energy assistance? What about cars, cell phones, computers, etc.?

For anybody who doesn't enjoy supressing free speech, google 'the political cesspool blog' and read today's entry, "The Importance of Columbus Day." Liberals like this guy hate Columbus just like they hate Washington, Jefferson, etc. Total loser.

Free speech means protecting all speech whether you agree with them and whether they are popular or not. We all know you liberals HATE the first ammendment. You are a pathetic joke for removing my post.

For anybody who didn't see my post, I destroyed the gulity white liberals in this topic and the one with power got all upset and removed my post.

I'll say it again. Do third world countries have food stamps, SSI, welfare, earned income tax credits, temporary assistance for needy families, Medicaid, housing/energy assistance? What about cars, cell phones, computers, etc.?

For anybody who doesn't enjoy supressing free speech, google 'the political cesspool blog' and read today's entry, "The Importance of Columbus Day." Liberals like this guy hate Columbus just like they hate Washington, Jefferson, etc. Total loser.

Good for a laugh.

Speaking to this point of yours I've bolded, it reminded me of a fairly recent article/blog post I read titled "10 Things Most Americans Don't Know About America." I won't link to it because there's a bit of profanity, but it's worth a read, although certainly we could argue about some of the points he's made. But here's my favorite bit:

10 Things Most Americans Don't Know About America

6. The Rest Of The World Is Not A Slum-Ridden ****hole Compared To Us

In 2010, I got into a taxi in Bangkok to take me to a new six-story cineplex. It was accessible by metro, but I chose a taxi instead. On the seat in front of me was a sign with a wifi password. Wait, what? I asked the driver if he had wifi in his taxi. He flashed a huge smile. The squat Thai man, with his pidgin English, explained that he had installed it himself. He then turned on his new sound system and disco lights. His taxi instantly became a cheesy nightclub on wheels… with free wifi.

If there’s one constant in my travels over the past three years, it has been that almost every place I’ve visited (especially in Asia and South America) is much nicer and safer than I expected it to be. Singapore is pristine. Hong Kong makes Manhattan look like a suburb. My neighborhood in Colombia is nicer than the one I lived in in Boston (and cheaper).

As Americans, we have this naïve assumption that people all over the world are struggling and way behind us. They’re not. Sweden and South Korea have more advanced high speed internet networks. Japan has the most advanced trains and transportation systems. Norwegians make more money. The biggest and most advanced plane in the world is flown out of Singapore. The tallest buildings in the world are now in Dubai and Shanghai. Meanwhile, the US has the highest incarceration rate in the world.

If you like free speech so much, go put a bunch of slogans with slurs on a sign and go march around. Please do it in the middle of the night to show your love of it.

So I'm thinking that username isn't actually a joke.

Obligatory Siromar shout out. That user pegged it six months ago.

Hayward dumbass said:

I'm on a kick lately about being no fan of the way Columbus chopped off the arms of islanders who couldn't meet quota & replacing them with compliant negros. The only token reward I have is a couple kingdoms that somehow fought the eraser off. BYU football is happy too. But hey, what a way to save entire civilizations huh?

Those ****ers also burned all my religion's holy books.

Hayward Supremacist just left the following feedback to my post above:

I'm talking about Africans and you're talking about Asians. Big difference.

Well gee, color me convinced. How about all you guys?