What's new

Arrest of former US military in haiti

Any law that you or I could break. Could be anything.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Plus others you and I can’t break.

Such as working in the US

One Brow left himself wide open. If the bench mark is any other law breaking then they should all be deported. It’s a safe assumption, knowing his post history, that he’s actually far more nuanced and specific than this.

For me I look at hard crimes. DUIs, assault, rape, armed robbery, murder/manslaughter, drug dealing, human trafficking...

The ones engaged in that are the vast minority. They’re the exception, not the rule.

Most of them are exactly the kind of people we want to come to the US. Hard working men and women with families looking for opportunity.

Plus others you and I can’t break.

Such as working in the US

No. It's not breaking a law for an immigrant to work in the US. Immigrants are no different than you and I other than not being born here. They go through the process of getting citizenship in the US and then they can get a job.

Hack said immigrants. An immigrant imo is someone that gains citizenship to a country legally.
Which is totally different than an illegal immigrant imo.

No. It's not breaking a law for an immigrant to work in the US. Immigrants are no different than you and I other than not being born here. They go through the process of getting citizenship in the US and then they can get a job.

Hack said immigrants. An immigrant imo is someone that gains citizenship to a country legally.

Grabs popcorn.

I took it to mean anyone including illegal immigrants.

As for legal immigrants. That depends on the visa. Some are not allowed to work. Immigrant goes far beyond those trying. To gain full citizenship in another country.

For example. An F2 cannot work while a TN can.

You are right. That's the number one answer.

Not sure that's necessary anymore now that democrats want to give voting rights to illegals. They've gone insane.
First off: Don't use the pejorative term "illegals." It's not possible for a human being to be illegal, so that's just an attempt to dehumanize them.

Now, let's be clear. There are a few areas that allow undocumented immigrants to vote solely in local elections - for mayor, school board, etc. For example, in San Francisco, noncitizens, including those without legal status, can vote only in school board races and only if they are parents, legal guardians, or caregivers to children under the age of 19.

First off: Don't use the pejorative term "illegals." It's not possible for a human being to be illegal, so that's just an attempt to dehumanize them.

Now, let's be clear. There are a few areas that allow undocumented immigrants to vote solely in local elections - for mayor, school board, etc. For example, in San Francisco, noncitizens, including those without legal status, can vote only in school board races and only if they are parents, legal guardians, or caregivers to children under the age of 19.

In the context of this discussion “illegal immigration” is a proper term. The recent push to consider that dehumanizing and what not does not change that. It accurately describes their residential status.

Illegal immigrants should not be allowed to vote. At all. But that’s not really the issue. It’s a system of the problem.

I am in favor of fixing the problem. Unfortunately DC is not. The vast majority of them should and need to be brought openly into our society. The rest need to be sent back to their countries for the commonly stated reasons. Like crime.

In the context of this discussion “illegal immigration” is a proper term. The recent push to consider that dehumanizing and what not does not change that. It accurately describes their residential status.

Illegal immigrants should not be allowed to vote. At all. But that’s not really the issue. It’s a system of the problem.

I am in favor of fixing the problem. Unfortunately DC is not. The vast majority of them should and need to be brought openly into our society. The rest need to be sent back to their countries for the commonly stated reasons. Like crime.
"Illegal immigrant" is fine. But shortening that to just "illegal" is not. Do you see the difference?

"Illegal immigrant" is fine. But shortening that to just "illegal" is not. Do you see the difference?

In the specific context of an immigration debate, not really.

Outside of an immigration discussion, sure.

In the specific context of an immigration debate, not really.

Outside of an immigration discussion, sure.
You are a Jazz fan, right? In the context of a discussion about the NBA, would it make sense to call you a Jazz?

Of course, now this whole conversation is reminding me of this: