What's new

Article on Exum being 3rd star for Jazz

Liked the article but had a hard time getting past this sentence:

"Going into his fourth season, Exum came down awkwardly on his shoulder during a preseason game, causing him to miss the first 68 games of the year."

Uhmm.... he had a 230lb+ player come recklessly crashing down on his shoulder. To me that is fairly important distinction and picture to paint considering his injury history and some fans calling him injury prone.

Pretty good article about Exum and his development and injuries he's had to deal with. I still have high hopes for Exum potentially being the 3rd star for the Jazz! Here's to hoping for a huge breakout season from Exum this year!

http://www.basketballinsiders.com/nba-daily-the-utah-jazz-already-have-their-third-star/

Great article, I agree with everything in there but be prepared for tons of negativity towards Exum. These are all reasons why I posted after his rookie year, he’d be a star. By this years end I predict will be his breakout time.

He’s too good defensively, I think he will be #2 on this team in affecting games with his defense, and his speed and quickness is something to behold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great article, I agree with everything in there but be prepared for tons of negativity towards Exum. These are all reasons why I posted after his rookie year, he’d be a star. By this years end I predict will be his breakout time.

He’s too good defensively, I think he will be #2 on this team in affecting games with his defense, and his speed and quickness is something to behold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree with your agreement.

"but through his final 14 games last year, season his assist-to-turnover ratio was an impressive 2.15. When you track what he did on drives alone, the ratio goes up to 2.66, and that’s with teams planning on him solely driving."

He looked more comfortable those 14 games. And his speed was awesome. We haven't even seen him settle into a groove yet. This season will tell us a lot.

Exum is Derrick Favors 2.0. Elite measurables, didn’t play much early, will be a reasonably good player making his hay on defense.

I'm still not sure what to think of Exum. He obviously has elite speed and he has great size and length for a point guard which gives him a chance to be a great defender. On the other hand, his ball handling and shooting still need a ton of work. I have a hard time seeing him improving enough offensively to be a third star, I think he has a chance to be a really valuable player for us though.

Exum has the potential to break out, and he has excuses for not breaking out sooner.

He needs the pull-up jumper and the 3-ball so his game isn't all straight-line drives. He's getting better at getting to the rim in different ways and finishes pretty regularly. It'll be interesting to see how efficient he is off pick-and-roll this year.

His defense is already a plus, so that should buy him some minutes to prove the other things.

Pretty outlandish article. He just needs to be a good NBA player first

This.
It’s far fetched to proclaim stardom for X at this point

Exum is Derrick Favors 2.0. Elite measurables, didn’t play much early, will be a reasonably good player making his hay on defense.

This is what I think as well.

Don’t think he will ever be a good shooter and won’t be a good enough finisher to be a star. I think he will be a great defender though and a decent offensive player.

Don’t think he will ever be a good shooter and won’t be a good enough finisher to be a star. I think he will be a great defender though and a decent offensive player.
great defender and adequate/reasonable offensive player who can get to the line and make 3's even at mid 30s% is all we need him to be. If he's more than that look out

I agree for the most part, I DO hope i'm wrong and he kills it next year though.