What's new

At this stage of the off-season, where do you think the Jazz finish in the West?

Where do you expect the Jazz to finish in the Western Conference standings?

• Win the West

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Homecourt in the 1st round of the playoffs (2-4 seed)

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Playoff team (5 or 6 seed)

Votes: 32 28.6%
  • Play-in team (7-10 seed)

Votes: 57 50.9%
  • Bottom-5 team

Votes: 12 10.7%

• Total voters
I don’t know that I believe in Clarkson as a full time PG at all.

Love the dude and glad he’s back but that stretch we saw him facilitate is like the only 30-40 game stretch of his career where he has done that.

If he’s “Search Dribble Pound Into The Floor For 21 Seconds Clarkson”, that’s not at all what this team needs from him as a PG.

I couldn’t agree more. If anything he’s likely the starting SG and this is coming from Ochai’s number #1 fan.

I think the Jazz are a playin team. But I want to see the rookies in Summer League and I want to know if we do anything with Dame

I think we're going to be a much improved team, but the entire conference seems to be trying to compete to some degree. San Antonio is probably the lightest depth, but we'll see if Wemby has a Tim Duncan like rookie year. Houston is a mess, but FVV/Brooks will at least make them a little better.

Anyways, I think the margins between the 4th seed and the 13th seed may be really small question, so I could still set us being bottom 5. I went play-in though

Overly optimistic, but the way Hardy got the team to gel last year , in a short amount of time , the fact we sat so many players after the all star break , and the addition of Collins who I think will resurrect his career in Utah

I honestly think top 5 team in the west

We bout to get Lillard tho
As long as the Jazz plan how to manage the money moving forward, I’m good with it. Lillard is essentially the exact same age Ray Allen was when the Celtics traded for him and Garnett. Also the same age Conley was when they traded for him.

I’m pretty sure the Jazz would have to trade Sexton, THT and Olynyk to make the money work.

That leaves Lillard, Clarkson, Agbaji, Markkanen, Collins and Kessler as the sure-fire rotation guys. I’m guessing Dunn, George and Hendricks would figure to get a lot of playing time as well.

Jazz would also have the room exception ($7.7 million) plus four decent trade exceptions to fill out the last few spots. . .
$9.6 million - Gobert - 7/6
$6.7 million - Bogdanovic - 9/22
$5.0 million - NAW - 2/9
$4.3 million - Vando - 2/9

The roster as is looks like a middle of the pack team, and with so much parity in the league it's easy to see that landing anywhere from 5-10.

I do think we are committed to having our pick convey to OKC this year, and so I don't see us tanking at the end of the year like last year unless things have gone really wrong.

5-6 seed now… 1-2 seed if they get Dame. People keep talking timeline, but the timeline is now while we have a bunch of young talent on cheap contracts.

This is the way I see it right now based on our roster and the rosters of the rest of the west.

1. Nugs
2. Suns
3. Griz
4. Kings
5. Thunder
6. Wolves
7. Pelicans
8. Lakers
9. Warriors
10. Mavs
11. Jazz
12. Clippers
13. Blazers
14. Rockets
15. Spurs

This is the way I see it right now based on our roster and the rosters of the rest of the west.

1. Nugs
2. Suns
3. Griz
4. Kings
5. Thunder
6. Wolves
7. Pelicans
8. Lakers
9. Warriors
10. Mavs
11. Jazz
12. Clippers
13. Blazers
14. Rockets
15. Spurs

I think it could be more like:
1 Nuggets
2 Suns
3 Pels (with healthy Zion, I know...)
4 Wolves (They've had time to figure things out and Conley's got a bit left in the tank.)
5 Kings (Basically the same team as last year.)
6 Lakers (Health is the question, but they gained momentum after the trade deadline.)
7 Grizzlies (Need Bane, Smart and JJJ to score with Ja's extended absence.)
8 Mavs (Luka and Kyrie have to carry the offense.)
9 Jazz (Clarkson, Lauri and Kessler are going to close games.)
10 OKC (Improving, but Chet is still a rookie.)
11 Clippers (Health is the question, and their complementary players are aging out.)
12 Warriors (Klay is aging out, they're small, and they were a bottom-5 road team last year. Poole is gone. CP isn't going to help much. If Steph misses time, they're toast.)
13 Rockets
14 Spurs
15 Blazers (blown up)

Clarkson/Agbaji Is a pretty solid backcourt pairing. I’d be interested in seeing how well that would work. Also, love the pairing of Sexton and THT together as well.
this is interesting and highly possible under Hardy. maybe not a traditional PG role but a little more facilitator work for him. looks like we are moving into positionless basketball soon (unless we get Dame)

I think it could be more like:
1 Nuggets
2 Suns
3 Pels (with healthy Zion, I know...)
4 Wolves (They've had time to figure things out and Conley's got a bit left in the tank.)
5 Kings (Basically the same team as last year.)
6 Lakers (Health is the question, but they gained momentum after the trade deadline.)
7 Grizzlies (Need Bane, Smart and JJJ to score with Ja's extended absence.)
8 Mavs (Luka and Kyrie have to carry the offense.)
9 Jazz (Clarkson, Lauri and Kessler are going to close games.)
10 OKC (Improving, but Chet is still a rookie.)
11 Clippers (Health is the question, and their complementary players are aging out.)
12 Warriors (Klay is aging out, they're small, and they were a bottom-5 road team last year. Poole is gone. CP isn't going to help much. If Steph misses time, they're toast.)
13 Rockets
14 Spurs
15 Blazers (blown up)

I think you are seriously underrating the thunder. They were a better team than us last year and added more talent than us. Chet and Micic are big additions. Wallace also should be able to contribute as well if needed. Then they should have significant internal growth from last years roster.

We are good inside and have a couple fun guards, but I lack confidence at the point and expect lots of turnovers. 7-8 range unless we upgrade the point or Sexton steps up in that role and we move up a to 5/6.

Depends if we get Lillard or not.

Without Lillard probably 9-10 seed.

With Lillard I think we’re 4-5 seed.