What's new

At which position do we feel least comfortable?

At which position do we feel least comfortable and need to add another vet?

• Total voters
Power forward body needed that can bang on defense. Bojan and ingles are 3 point shooters so the more bodies we can throw at this spot the fresher they will be come playoffs .We need to go for home court advantage because we still won’t get the calls on playoffs. But be as fresh and healthy then also .

How legit is Brantley? I only saw highlights.

How legit is Brantley? I only saw highlights.

A bit raw. Still learning the system, obviously. Can do a lot with the ball for a big dude. Looks like he can rebound and go, lead a fast break, score off a few dribbles, post up wings, etc. He's actually not a bad passer. Not sure if he has an in-between game, or if you'd want him taking those shots. He can use his length and big body to get all the way to the rim.

He gambles a bit on defense and can get burned. He needs to do a better job of getting in a stance and guarding space, but he has the length and athleticism to do it.

Center.

Ed Davis is going to be just fine. But I'm gonna worry if we have to play Tony Bradley for extended minutes if either Gobert or Davis is out. He looks improved in summer league and I'm not knocking him as a prospect. It's more of a situation where I question the unknown. Plus Gobert is the one irreplaceable piece on the team.

I see a lot of votes went for PF.... eh. Between Green, Niang, Bojan, Brantley, maybe Royce, we have a lot of bodies to throw in at that position.

Bojan is the ballhandler in pick and roll, not the pick setter. I don’t really consider him a 4.

We'd probably play more of spread out look with him at the 4. The 5 (Rudy/Davis) would set most of the screens.

You mean Lyles still hasn't signed with anyone? I'm shocked!
I didn't put 1 because when Conley sits, I can see the Jazz sliding Mitchell over and Royce getting mins at the 2. If they don't, it's a competition at PG between the Walking Ded and Mudiay, with Ingles also providing some play making.

I'm not comfortable with Green/Niang at the 4. However, I guess you can also assume we'll see some small ball with Ingles and Bojan playing together. I doubt Joe just plays 15 mins backing up Bojan at the 3. Or maybe Royce gets some time at the 4.

I'm all in on JaMychal, but he's probably turned down some offers because he wants more $. Same with Jabari. They eventually sign with someone for much more than the VM.

Damn, and we're gonna put him at the 4???
Nope. Ingles will come off the bench, with Green starting at the 4. But Bojan might get time at the 4 when he and Ingles are in together. I think it depends on matchups. Also, Jazz probably close games with Conley-Mitchell-Ingles-Bojan-Gobert. Joe and Bojan are both 6'8". That's good size for small ball. Maybe other teams will have to adjust at the 4 to guard Bojan or Joe firing up 3's.

Nope. Ingles will come off the bench, with Green starting at the 4. But Bojan might get time at the 4 when he and Ingles are in together. I think it depends on matchups. Also, Jazz probably close games with Conley-Mitchell-Ingles-Bojan-Gobert. Joe and Bojan are both 6'8". That's good size for small ball. Maybe other teams will have to adjust at the 4 to guard Bojan or Joe firing up 3's.
Who's Green?