What's new

Game Thread Aug 07, 2020: Utah Jazz vs San Antonio Spurs

Added to Calendar: 08-07-20

I'm sorry but I really don't see what others here see in Morgan. He's not an NBA player and under no circumstances should he be ahead of Brantley on the depth chart. I'd rather have Brantley at both 5 and 4 than Morgan.

He is used as a 4 and it isn't where he can find success imo. He is stuck in the corner on offense.

On defense the tools are his hands and his feet. If he can hold up as a 5 size wise he'd give us a solid Pop option as a 5 and could work really well in a switch scheme. Watch when he defends perimeter guys and watch how many times he gets his hands on the ball.

I agree though... I think Brantley has a much better ceiling and can be thrown out there in a few different scenarios. He should be the guy we play next to Tony... Niang should grab some bench.

And what about Tucker?
I'm personally not impressed at all by him
He seems like the guy who does well in the G League on volume. I get why they have him. He seems to be more in control. I really like his explanation to Andy Larsen on why he didn't shoot the threes. I wouldn't play him over Brantley or Oni... If we didn't have Clarkson then maybe he'd be more of an asset breaking the paint and such.

He's a worthy prospect and I think he has a little ******* to him... that is something I like. He makes more sense than NWG... if that guy is on the roster next year I will throw a fit.

I have never understood the Oni Love on jazzfanz, never!!
Because any guy with his physical tools that can shoot can be a major asset as a role player. He's shown promise as a shooter... He's slow laterally but I think he can improve a bit. He could be a Royce type player. Has some ball handling and passing promise that is intriguing.

I ain't saying hes the best thing since sliced bread buy he's a good prospect... especially where we got him.

Because any guy with his physical tools that can shoot can be a major asset as a role player. He's shown promise as a shooter... He's slow laterally but I think he can improve a bit. He could be a Royce type player. Has some ball handling and passing promise that is intriguing.

I ain't saying hes the best thing since sliced bread buy he's a good prospect... especially where we got him.
Oni is slow laterally? Not what I see (on defense, that is).

Oni is slow laterally? Not what I see (on defense, that is).
Let me rephrase that... He's a little slower than you'd think laterally. I haven't watched this game, but that's what I noticed in summer league and G League. That is where he needs to improve imo. He's still faster than Niang and others but he's not like Brantley and Morgan where they are better laterally than you'd think for their size.

His length can make up for it and I think hes a good athlete... strong, fast, and good leaper... the lateral movement is behind all of those imo.

Remember the post where I said Oni wasn't assertive, brush that off.