What's new

Austin Rivers

Jeffrey32

Celtics and Clippers looking for a third trade partner in order to bring Rivers to play for his dad (and save his career).
Should Utah be that third team? Celtics want an expiring deal and a 2nd round pick.

https://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=k6wozt5

Celtics get Jeremy Evans and second rounder from Clippers

Utah gets CJ Wilcox and Ekpe Udoh, right to swap picks with Celtics

Clippers get Austin Rivers.

Good thought, but I think the Celtics ad maybe the Clippers give up too much to make this happen. Celtics could look at this as picking up a 2nd in exchange for dropping from 5th to 10th. That's not enough to justify a salary dump of only $2.4M.

Clippers give up CJ Wilcox - who was their #28 pick - a 2nd and a throw-in for Rivers. Not sure how high they are on Wilcox, so it might be acceptable to them, especially since it is Doc Rivers who is pushing for the trade.

Drop the pick swap and maybe the deal would go through. Then the question is, do we want CJ Wilcox on a guaranteed rookie contract?

Clippers give up CJ Wilcox - who was their #28 pick - a 2nd and a throw-in for Rivers. Not sure how high they are on Wilcox, so it might be acceptable to them, especially since it is Doc Rivers who is pushing for the trade.

Drop the pick swap and maybe the deal would go through. Then the question is, do we want CJ Wilcox on a guaranteed rookie contract?

CJ Wilcox isn't getting any burn on the Clips who are going all-vets in pursuit of a title. Austin would be another young shooting guard with Bullock and Wilcox, so I imagine one of them is expendable and Bullock actually plays and sometimes starts (when Redick is hurt).

In terms of Wilcox, he is from Utah, so you could easily see him signing long-term if he fit with the team. My guess is that the Jazz have been tracking him for a long time and his father played at BYU. Even though his contract is guaranteed, he is a 28th pick so it is a relatively cheap deal. Most importantly, he is known as a 3-pt shooter and shot 40% in his senior year. Without the pick swap, I still think this is a good deal for the Jazz and gives each team what they want.

I'd miss Evans though, who I think got a short straw, especially this season. Maybe Boston will give him a chance, especially with Green gone.

where you been the last couple months?

Growing season here in NZ so been busy with the business... with the earthquake lots of new houses so business is going well.

Doctor told me last month I've got high cholesterol so been busying changing my diet & going to the gym, etc, as well. Have lost 10lbs so far over the past month and probably want to lose another 10lbs ... It's been good though, learnt heaps about how to eat right & stuff. Didn't realize most of what I used to eat were actually junk....

So yeah, still gonna be pretty busy next couple of months...