What's new

Awesome Trade.

Tony

Contributor
Burke, Pleiss and 12th for 76ers 24, 26 and Sacramento's 2017 first round pick.
Why is this an awesome trade? We get rid of Burke and Pleiss and receive 3 first round picks, one of which (Sacramento's) is guaranteed to be a top 10.
If Sacramento conveys a 1st round pick to Chicago in 2016, then Philadelphia has the right to swap its 2017 1st round pick for Sacramento's 2017 1st round pick; if Sacramento does not convey a 1st round pick to Chicago in 2016, then Philadelphia has the right to swap its 2017 1st round pick for Sacramento's 2017 1st round pick protected for selections 11-30 (if the Sacramento pick falls within its protected range, then Philadelphia's swap right and Sacramento's obligation to Philadelphia will be extinguished) [Philadelphia-Sacramento, 7/9/2015]
This pick is useless to Philadelphia as it is because they're going to be worse than Sactown and would never swap the picks. Sacramento wont be better than 10 anyway so it's a guarantee that we keep it. When the Jazz make the playoffs next season they'll still have a lottery pick.

You really think we went through all that effort to buy out Pleiss' contract, get him over here to trade him before we even give him a proper chance ? I really doubt management brought him over here thinking he would make immediate impact. This trade really sounds like spinning wheels in the mud..

Yeah I would do this, but it's just basically trading assets. Could be great if we get Rudy and rodney 2.0. But the only thing it does for us immediately is free up a roster spot.

Why is this an awesome trade? We get rid of Burke and Pleiss and receive 3 first round picks, one of which (Sacramento's) is guaranteed to be a top 10.

This pick is useless to Philadelphia as it is because they're going to be worse than Sactown and would never swap the picks. Sacramento wont be better than 10 anyway so it's a guarantee that we keep it. When the Jazz make the playoffs next season they'll still have a lottery pick.

Fairly certain the swapping picks doesn't work like this... Can't just sub our name for phillys in this scenario.

You really think we went through all that effort to buy out Pleiss' contract, get him over here to trade him before we even give him a proper chance ?

All that matters is what matters is what value they get in return. "Giving him a proper chance" will not be a factor.

If Hassan Whiteside were offered in a trade, the Jazz would say "yes." If Kendrick Perkins were offered, they would say "no"

The asset being traded is the "right swap the sixers pick for kings pick."

If they trade that asset to the jazz, the jazz would have the right to swap the sixers pick for the kings pick. They would not have the right to swap the jazz pick for the kings pick.

I might be the only one but I think you could get the 24, 27 pick and a few of there 2nd's for the 12th pick. On this deal I say no!! I bet Burke alone could get you a late first. ish smith, issac cannon.... trey burke might be an upgrade on the 76ers. I'd never sale short your own assets (which I think this deal does) Although, I'd be down with trading Burke, Pleiss and the 12th for Teague or an established PG.

Trading down late first rounders for multiple late first rounders is the least exploited value adding areas in the NBA. Getting rid of Rhonda Burke and Pleiss? Priceless.

Trading down late first rounders for multiple late first rounders is the least exploited value adding areas in the NBA. Getting rid of Rhonda Burke and Pleiss? Priceless.

Whaddya mean the Timberwolves did just that to the Jazz just a few years back