What's new

Ayton

23 years old. 21 points per game, 12.5 rebounds per game, 0.8 blocks per game. 63% from the field, 37% from 3 (wow! much better than I thought). 75% from the line. I saw teams try to guard ayton with 6 foot 8 dudes and the suns could dump it down to him in the post and he would easily make a little baby hook over the top of them.

Rudy: 29 years old, 17.5 point per game, 16.4 rebounds per game, 2.3 blocks per game. 71% from the field, 0% from 3, and 69% from the line. (both guys stats are per 36 btw) When a 6 foot 8 guy guarded rudy we would never dump it down to him cause we knew nothing good would come of it.

Ayton is cheaper too. Gobert is the harder worker and the better defender no doubt but on paper they aren't that much different and someone could argue that Ayton is better due to his offensive ability. The 23 years old thing is pretty awesome.
Phoenix is crazy I tell ya. For my money, Ayton is the best center in the league and has been for a couple of years now. Oranges and Apples to Rudy, not quite the defensive stopper but my God he can finish around the rim in a multitude of ways. Such body control, such footwork, such sure, steady and soft hands, he's like Baryshnikov on the block. If we can get him for Bogey and a couple of picks it will be another heist - and I love Bogey. Give him 25 or 30 for four, he's well worth it.

Would we have to give up Don to get Ayton? Sounds like he'd be necessary for Brooklyn to give up KD
Brooklyn can't pull that off without going into Luxury Tax Hell! Too many big contracts to unload and the necessary sign and trade.

For us, they're saying that Bogey can get it done. Sounds like we're saving Mitchell for the Knicks which should net us Randle, Fournier, Quickly, Toppin and three or four more first rounders.

Brooklyn can't pull that off without going into Luxury Tax Hell! Too many big contracts to unload and the necessary sign and trade.

For us, they're saying that Bogey can get it done. Sounds like we're saving Mitchell for the Knicks which should net us Randle, Fournier, Quickly, Toppin and three or four more first rounders.
We can't take on Randle and Fouriner. The Knicks seem hesitant to pay RJ Barrett, I'd take him plus Fouriner, Grimes, and 3/4 1sts.

That would be f’in crazy!!! If we came out of this with Ayton and 8 picks… hahahah

Not to mention more expirings and things to get cleaned up. Damn!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We can't take on Randle and Fouriner. The Knicks seem hesitant to pay RJ Barrett, I'd take him plus Fouriner, Grimes, and 3/4 1sts.
It's all gravy at this point as long as we get the draft picks which should be solid IMO. I was just going by what I'd read in the article. Sounds like the latest word is we're standing pat again though.

That would be f’in crazy!!! If we came out of this with Ayton and 8 picks… hahahah

Not to mention more expirings and things to get cleaned up. Damn!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No, Ayton's going to take two of our firsts. I know some of you guys want to be misers but costs is costs! (And of course we only get the additional picks via New York if Utah is willing to do the deal).

Phoenix is crazy I tell ya. For my money, Ayton is the best center in the league and has been for a couple of years now. Oranges and Apples to Rudy, not quite the defensive stopper but my God he can finish around the rim in a multitude of ways. Such body control, such footwork, such sure, steady and soft hands, he's like Baryshnikov on the block. If we can get him for Bogey and a couple of picks it will be another heist - and I love Bogey. Give him 25 or 30 for four, he's well worth it.
Dream scenario is acquire Ayton off a S&T, then pry Durant off Brooklyn on a 3 team trade behind Phoenix's back.

I don't think I've seen anyone address this fully, but please tell me if my assumptions are wrong:

• Ayton holds a lot of cards in the negotiations taking place (probably including in the resolution of the Durant issue). And for him, there's no hurry.
  • Ayton's top priority is probably to see if there's any team willing to offer a max extension, of the type that would make it impossible to pair him with Ben Simmons (either in Brooklyn or Utah), or with Donovan in Brooklyn
  • Because of the matching clock that starts with restricted free agency, there's no incentive for him to find (or any team to offer) him a contract before the moratorium ends (is it July 6?). Therefore he's unlikely (unless he absolutely knows that either no team in the league will offer him a max, or that a desirable destination for him that inserts itself into the KD negotiations is offering him the max) to agree to anything before the moratorium ends.
  • Unless there's no market out there in the whole league for Ayton at all (which won't be known for at least several days), any talk of the Jazz getting Ayton cheap in a KD trade is likely only to refer to what's required to go out for him, not what we'd have to pay him. The only way we're getting him is if he concludes it's in his best interests to come to Utah and that likely means a max or something very close.
Well, I did find that one of these assumptions is wrong. Ayton can't sign the rookie extension that would make him ineligible to be traded to a team that Ben Simmons is on. He can sign a max deal, but because the deal will not have occurred when he was on the rookie contract (but rather only after he became a free agent) he does not fit in this rookie max extension category.

Anyone hearing the details on what exactly the Brooklyn Jazz connection with a Durrant trade is all about? I only heard the last few seconds on an interview on the xm nba channel. Something about Westbrook and Kyrie trade tomorrow and jazz involved with the durrant trade as a 3rd member.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

It'd be cool if we can do a sign-and-trade for Ayton without involving Don. But if Don's part of the deal for Ayton, we need to get Bridges.

Can we revisit the Suns/Mavs series? Because… as I remember, Ayton was pretty unstoppable when he got the ball. The problem was, he didn’t get the ball nearly enough. I remember Booker began to get outplayed by Luka, CP3 died, and the Phx appeared to have a monumental collapse. I don’t know if that’s a coaching issue or a chemistry/locker room issue or what.

But it seemed to me like a Steve Kerr or Phil Jackson type would’ve sat his team down and force fed Ayton down low. He would’ve slowed the game down and just hammered it inside, punishing Powell and Kleber rather than letting his team shoot themselves out of the playoffs. Instead, it seemed like the Suns panicked. Is that on Ayton? Was he off jackpotting with some ASU coeds? Was he supposed to be more assertive but wasn’t? I don’t know but when rethinking that Mavs/Suns series, it almost seems like a joke that Ayton wasn’t the key focus for the Suns. He should’ve been fed like prime Shaq not left for scraps like Looney while his stupid backcourt became Arizona’s #1 home builder.

Last edited:
Can we revisit the Suns/Mavs series? Because… as I remember, Ayton was pretty unstoppable when he got the ball. The problem was, he didn’t get the ball nearly enough. I remember Booker began to get outplayed by Luka, CP3 died, and the Phx appeared to have a monumental collapse. I don’t know if that’s a coaching issue or a chemistry/locker room issue or what.

But it seemed to me like a Steve Kerr or Phil Jackson type would’ve sat his team down and force fed Ayton down low. He would’ve slowed the game down and just hammered it inside, punishing Powell and Kleber rather than letting his team shoot themselves out of the playoffs. Instead, it seemed like the Suns panicked. Is that on Ayton? Was he off partying with some ASU coeds? Was he supposed to be more assertive but wasn’t? I don’t know but when rethinking that Mavs/Suns series, it almost seems like a joke that Ayton wasn’t the key focus for the Suns. He should’ve been fed like prime Shaq not left for scraps like Looney while his stupid backcourt became Arizona’s #1 home builder.
ayton always reminds me of Chris Bosh. Has talent to be much more but lacks aggressiveness/motor to take over when his team needs him to. Be the wingman next to an alpha might be the most appropriate for guys like them

It looks to me like Ayton gets a lot of points off Paul. We don't have a guy that can set him up like that in Utah.

It'd be cool if we can do a sign-and-trade for Ayton without involving Don. But if Don's part of the deal for Ayton, we need to get Bridges.
If Don is being traded then we need to just tank. Ayton and Bridges would be counterproductive to that.